Josh Rosen is the Starter

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ll be watching and hopeful, but truth is with McCoy and Wilks I’m more worried about Rosen being damaged than anything. I hate that his introduction to he nfl is via McCoy. QB guru or not, arians did great stuff developing talented QBs. He’s have been great with Rosen. And I very much wanted Bruce gone. Can admit my folly.

I feel Bradford's downfall has ALOT to do with McCoy and his play calling. Plan and simple.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Trade Bradford to the 49ers for a third rounder. At least now I'm excited about watching the rest of the season with Rosen at QB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Anyone...

as terrible as McCoy has been --

nobody on the offensive staff has ever been an OC at any level, or, called plays in an NFL game.

the two most experienced coaches on the offensive staff-- Ray Brown -OL and Kirby Wilson-RBs -- have been coaches for their respective positions only

Byron Leftwich has been an assistant coach for two seasons......

the team is stuck with McCoy until the offseason. Save the bandwidth.......

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think Glennon would do a better job than Bradford. Bradford looks shellshocked. I wonder if all of the discussion about his knee for the past year or so made him apprehensive and tentative to make plays. Either way, this is the worst Bradford has played in his career by a long shot.

That said, I'd save the $312k/game, deactivate Bradford, and promote Glennon.
Did anyone else notice that the time it took for Bradford to deliver the ball to his receivers was too often a bit "late" -giving defenders extra time to break on the ball and light up the receiver? Makes me wonder whether his arm's OK.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Other than Leinart, we have never had the opportunity to watch a true blue chip top 10 quality pick develop as a potential QBOTF since we have been in Arizona. Leinart had no work ethic and a weak arm. Whether he pans out or busts, I am thrilled to have a potential franchise QB under 25 in the mix. I will be watching

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
i'm excited for the rest of the season. The future starts now.

That said, I agree with others who worry a little that this coaching staff steeped in ineptitude might harm his progress, but if he's everything we hope he is, the cream will rise to the top. I hope.
Yep, the great ones can easily overcome inept coaching. Rodgers-McCarthy, Rivers-McCoy, etc. Even Jeff Fisher didn't "ruin" Goff although he certainly did him no favors.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way in hell SF is going to trade a 3rd round pick for Bradford.

I agree. However I’m sure nobody would’ve believed the Vikings would trade a first rounder for Bradford when they did... A first? I mean really for a career mediocre QB that had proven nothing and a long history of injury problems???

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is great regardless of how it works out because it gives us answers that allow us to move forward:

1) McCoy's offense had look like *** and he has made some very bad calls, but it's possible, though unlikely, that his offense isn't as bad as it looks, and Capt Checkdown couldn't stretch the field or get through progressions. If the offense starts rolling then it might be Bradford was most of the problem.

2) If the offense still isn't moving the ball despite Rosen looking pretty sharp then there is no doubt that McCoy is subpar. The only thing you can't put on McCoy is that he doesn't have a stud wideout. Kirk is looking decent, but not the point he is going to be drawing double coverage or anything. Larry is in the slot. If we had a game breaker wideout it would allow for more separation and at times just running free with our other targets. Bringing in a true threat at WR could be a difference maker if Rosen is at worst an average QB.

3) If Rosen doesn't look sharp as the year progresses, whether or not we're putting up a ton of points and winning games, we know we need to look for an opportunity in the draft.

BTW, no one is going to trade anything of value for Bradford... not the Niners, no one - not after what he has shown on the field. Regardless if they think he could ball under a different system it would look really bad to the fans. The only way you win as a GM on that one is if he puts up top 10 QB numbers and carries your team. The chance of that is slim and you have a huge chance of looking like a fool. Only way we get anything in a trade is by essentially adding cash to pay for the crazy contract so the receiving team can say it was a free roll anyways. I think you just deactivate him, but only after a couple games to make sure you're committed to Rosen for the whole season. Once you deactivate Sam there is no going back unless Rosen gets hurt, and in theory Sam should be better than Glennon.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Release Bradford and go find a WR. I am tempering my hopes of a turn around with Rosen simply because McCoy is still calling plays. I think Rosen will push the ball down field more but he still has to execute the plays called into him which may or may not fit the situation on down and distance. McCoy will at times hinder Rosen and then Rosen may try to do too much in certain situations which will result in poor decisions at times. One thing for sure it will be one wild roller coaster ride.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I agree. However I’m sure nobody would’ve believed the Vikings would trade a first rounder for Bradford when they did... A first? I mean really for a career mediocre QB that had proven nothing and a long history of injury problems???

Sure, but Bradford’s stock is lower than Enron at this point.

I also think SF is going to look elsewhere. Teddy Bridgewater’s name keeps being mentioned. A 3rd for him would make sense

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All this then hire Carson Palmer to be QB Coach. The guy had a very high football IQ and Rosen needs a good mentor

CP doesn't need the pocket change that comes with being a QB coach and he would rather be spending time with his family. CP lives in Idaho, you would need to pay him more than he was making as our QB to come be a coach any time soon.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, this whole deal just shows how bad SK was at managing this team. He was so aggressive he went spent $20M to get a injured, mediocre journeyman but not to keep players who were studs and a known quantity. Too bad he didn't plan for the day CP retired, which most were sure he would before the last season started, and things could have been a lot different. This has been a trend over the last several seasons... overpay for the replaceable players and underpay the ones that aren't.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, but Bradford’s stock is lower than Enron at this point.

I also think SF is going to look elsewhere. Teddy Bridgewater’s name keeps being mentioned. A 3rd for him would make sense
I’m pretty sure the Saints are going to give the keys to Teddy after Brees retired.