THE Newcastle United FC thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yedlin and Walker score in the same game? What are the odds. Not goals ones either. Newcastle have to start letting yedlin run forward more. His pace is one of the few weapons they have.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yedlin and Walker score in the same game? What are the odds. Not goals ones either. Newcastle have to start letting yedlin run forward more. His pace is one of the few weapons they have.

Agreed. Close game against last year's runaway champions. Yes, having only 1 point with no wins and getting knocked out of the cup in humiliating fashion sucks, but Newcastle were one magnificent, nothing-you-can-do-about-it goal away from getting a point against the giant of the PL.

The one real positive, though? WE FINALLY HAD A REALLY GOOD REF lol

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agreed. Close game against last year's runaway champions. Yes, having only 1 point with no wins and getting knocked out of the cup in humiliating fashion sucks, but Newcastle were one magnificent, nothing-you-can-do-about-it goal away from getting a point against the giant of the PL.

The one real positive, though? WE FINALLY HAD A REALLY GOOD REF lol
I meant to say both of those goals were good(by walker/Yedlin).

anyway one thing to note from Newcastle is that they've had a killer stretch with the top clubs. and the last few without their best playmaker. the scoreless draw with Cardiff and inability to take advantage of a vulnerable spurs at home are both concerning. those are the type of matches they need to do better. but in the end they need better players. I think Rafa is typically getting the most out of what he has...

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I meant to say both of those goals were good(by walker/Yedlin).

anyway one thing to note from Newcastle is that they've had a killer stretch with the top clubs. and the last few without their best playmaker. the scoreless draw with Cardiff and inability to take advantage of a vulnerable spurs at home are both concerning. those are the type of matches they need to do better. but in the end they need better players. I think Rafa is typically getting the most out of what he has...

I got what you meant. I wasn't taking anything away from Yedlin, but I think City could clearly have prevented the opportunity. Walker? Newcastle could do nothing about that one. Just amazing.

Yeah, it's an incredible stretch of tough games, and does make those two (should have drawn Spurs and beaten Cardiff) particularly painful. 1 point instead of 4, sitting 3rd bottom. Not good.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Got a point today!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Didn't deserve it. We had some shots in the 1st half, but Palace were better. By the end, the Newcastle players weren't even trying to press past the halfway line, and were just hoofing it away when they got possession. An absolute disgrace, and a miracle we didn't concede the goal to doom us to a loss.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Rondon was going to be out injured--we don't have enough/any good strikers even with him--but now Dummett AND Fernandez are out? Both with hammies, which means multiple games? And Yedlin's a late fitness test? This means effing MANQUILLO will be in the lineup? Well, that's Newcastle proper effed, then.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
My friends finally sent me a gift they had gotten me in May: a betting slip with a 5 buck wager for Newcastle to win the Premier League. I got a good laugh out of it and told them they should have either burned the fiver or put it on the Magpies to get relegated.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
My friends finally sent me a gift they had gotten me in May: a betting slip with a 5 buck wager for Newcastle to win the Premier League. I got a good laugh out of it and told them they should have either burned the fiver or put it on the Magpies to get relegated.
I put 20 on the cards winning the super bowl in vegas, if it makes you feel better

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Looking like Newcastle is about to put the nail in the Mourinho coffin.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Looking like Newcastle is about to put the nail in the Mourinho coffin.

I hope so...he's a jerk and deserves to be fired with the way that he has behaved.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
still early!

This is a crushing one, though. Up 2-0 at the break, denied a CLEAR penalty for handball in the first half (the ref was so useless, they didn't even call a CORNER!!!), and you don't even hang on for a point. No wins, a crushing 3-goal comeback loss, and now two weeks off for the international break. Yes, there are winnable games coming up, but sat on 2 points after 8 games is...and unenviable position. If they don't reinforce in January, they're down. PERIOD.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
This is a crushing one, though. Up 2-0 at the break, denied a CLEAR penalty for handball in the first half (the ref was so useless, they didn't even call a CORNER!!!), and you don't even hang on for a point. No wins, a crushing 3-goal comeback loss, and now two weeks off for the international break. Yes, there are winnable games coming up, but sat on 2 points after 8 games is...and unenviable position. If they don't reinforce in January, they're down. PERIOD.
Palace pulled it together last year.. there's a lot of season left