In Honor of the New Premier League Season...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
...I have begun reading The Damned United. I enjoyed the movie. The book? It has an...interesting narrative style. Kind of grating, but maybe it will clear up. That club is a great example of what can happen when a big club is mismanaged.

Side note: The year before the book, Man U were relegated! :eek:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
...I have begun reading The Damned United. I enjoyed the movie. The book? It has an...interesting narrative style. Kind of grating, but maybe it will clear up. That club is a great example of what can happen when a big club is mismanaged.

Side note: The year before the book, Man U were relegated! :eek:
haha... happy that EPL is back!

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's an enjoyable enough film but much of it fiction. Especially the way it played up to ridiculous stereotypes about 'dirty' Leeds.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
It's an enjoyable enough film but much of it fiction. Especially the way it played up to ridiculous stereotypes about 'dirty' Leeds.

Was Leeds not dirty? Overly physical, bullying refs, diving? I'm curious, because I don't know the top league's history too far back. I kind of took the film at face value because it portrayed all parties (except the assistant) as *****.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No worse than any other team back then. They also played some of the most attractive football of the time (Google the Southampton 7-0 for an example). They were the top dogs though so, as always, the big boys get criticism from rival fans.

Diving most certainly not though. Your own teammates wouldn't have allowed that back then.

Google The Damned United inaccuracies. Plenty of them to tell a story.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
No worse than any other team back then. They also played some of the most attractive football of the time (Google the Southampton 7-0 for an example). They were the top dogs though so, as always, the big boys get criticism from rival fans.

Diving most certainly not though. Your own teammates wouldn't have allowed that back then.

Google The Damned United inaccuracies. Plenty of them to tell a story.

Cool. I'll have to check it out.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Leeds are routing Norwich today at Carrow Road. Looking good for them early on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose