2018-19 English Premier League

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new boss is a huge Man U fan (from Kenya, went to Univ of Manchester) and wears ManU shirts every Friday.

So I guess I need to follow this a bit more :)

Season starts tomorrow.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who does everyone follow, and who should I cheer for (other than Man U) so I can needle my boss?

Stout - Newcastle
Chaplin - Arsenal
Lorenzotexan - Tottenham Hotspur
Milgod - Leeds United
gmabel830 - Brighton and Hove Albion
Phrazbit - Tottenham Hotspur

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So who does everyone follow, and who should I cheer for (other than Man U) so I can needle my boss?

Buy yourself a Man City shirt, and you'll probably get fired ;)

I was going to chide your boss as yet another front-runner fan, but since he went to uni there, I guess it's alright. You can ride him about Mourinho and their lack of signings at the end of the window.

If you want to follow a hard-working team with a world-class manager, become a Newcastle United fan. Notice I didn't mention the owner, who is a complete Muppet and never spends money :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal. But not too enthusiastic about this season. Hopefully we'll see something different since Wenger is no longer there.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I like spurs. I always kind of fancied them a little because they were never considered one of the "big" sides in America although in England spurs are a very popular club. I can say my dislike for Arsenal (now add Chelsea to that) has made it natural to like spurs. When I moved to England I was in love with football, but not finding a strong connection with any club. I met a Liverpool fan and he told me when you find your club you will know. I guess I knew I was a real spurs fan when I got pissed that they lost to Chelsea in the FA cup semi final the year before last. I guess I can get used to more let-downs!
As an American I would not put much stock into worrying about if you are being a frontrunner. You can't really get the hometown connection like supporters here do. So it is not the same. and I would say a lot of fans in England/Wales do support big clubs over their local clubs. although many are very loyal to their local club and it is glorious. my favourite match to this day was a championship fixture between Norwich and Newcastle. and the East Anglia derby(Ipswich/Norwich) at the end of last season was brilliant.

Last edited:

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Stout - Newcastle
Chaplin - Arsenal
Lorenzotexan - Tottenham Hotspurs
Hotspur

I'm a Leeds fan. I would quit your job or at least spit in your boss's coffee.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like spurs. I always kind of fancied them a little because they were never considered one of the "big" sides in America although in England spurs are a very popular club. I can say my dislike for Arsenal (now add Chelsea to that) has made it natural to like spurs. When I moved to England I was in love with football, but not finding a strong connection with any club. I met a Liverpool fan and he told me when you find your club you will know. I guess I knew I was a real spurs fan when I got pissed that they lost to Chelsea in the FA cup semi final the year before last. I guess I can get used to more let-downs!
As an American I would not put much stock into worrying about if you are being a frontrunner. You can't really get the hometown connection like supporters here do. So it is not the same. and I would say a lot of fans in England/Wales do support big clubs over their local clubs. although many are very loyal to their local club and it is glorious. my favourite match to this day was a championship fixture between Norwich and Newcastle. and the East Anglia derby(Ipswich/Norwich) at the end of last season was brilliant.
Spurs are the only top team who didn’t do anything to improve this summer.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Spurs are the only top team who didn’t do anything to improve this summer.
thanks for that! :)

They do have a quality youthful side as constructed and something should be said for them not having someone poached for once. At least that was the company line that Pochettino was giving to the media. I do wonder what they are doing with Alderweireld wasting away on the bench when he is a better defender than aurier or trippier. But still they need more goal scorers as all of their goals come from the same 3 or 4 players.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
wolves draw with everton. Robert Plant must be toasting somewhere tonight. Fulham and Cardiff both lost 2-0 in their debut.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Championship, which is one league down from the Premier League. Milgod would be doing back flips if they were in the Champions League. Then again, they probably have a decent shot of getting there before Newcastle, sadly lol
True that would require Newcastle to spend a lot of £££££££ and they have shown they’d rather charge their supporters than spend

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tbf, we haven't had a start this good for 16/17 years at least. It's only 2 games but we utterly destroyed two of the favourites to go up. Lampard had no idea what hit him today.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tbf, we haven't had a start this good for 16/17 years at least. It's only 2 games but we utterly destroyed two of the favourites to go up. Lampard had no idea what hit him today.

It rarely lasts a long time, but I love watching Bielsa teams play.

Here is Leeds playing out from the back:
https://streamja.com/qLXl

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
HUGE early season win for Brighton over ManUnited!!!

FLY SEAGULLS!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Back in the Big Leagues. How did you end up with them?
I work for American Express, who sponsors the team and stadium.. seemed like as good a reason as any. Plus everyone likes an underdog, right?

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work for American Express, who sponsors the team and stadium.. seemed like as good a reason as any. Plus everyone likes an underdog, right?

True - including the Cardinals!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Brighton's squad play tough. If Man United played with that type of purpose they might challenge for the PL trophy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose