Three Identical Strangers

Release date: June 29, 2018
Studio: NEON
Director: Tim Wardle
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: N/A
Genre: Documentary

Starring: N/A

Plot Summary: Tim Wardle’s acclaimed documentary "Three Identical Strangers" is the most amazing, incredible, remarkable true story ever told. Times three.

Three strangers are reunited by astonishing coincidence after being born identical triplets, separated at birth, and adopted by three different families. Their jaw-dropping, feel-good story instantly becomes a global sensation complete with fame and celebrity, however, the fairy-tale reunion sets in motion a series of events that unearth an unimaginable secret - a secret with radical repercussions for us all.

Winner of Sundance Film Festival’s Special Jury Award, "Three Identical Strangers" is an exuberant celebration of family that transforms into a thriller with colossal implications and proof that life is truly is stranger than fiction.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Three Identical Strangers

Release date: June 29, 2018
Studio: NEON
Director: Tim Wardle
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: N/A
Genre: Documentary

Starring: N/A

Plot Summary: Tim Wardle’s acclaimed documentary "Three Identical Strangers" is the most amazing, incredible, remarkable true story ever told. Times three.

Three strangers are reunited by astonishing coincidence after being born identical triplets, separated at birth, and adopted by three different families. Their jaw-dropping, feel-good story instantly becomes a global sensation complete with fame and celebrity, however, the fairy-tale reunion sets in motion a series of events that unearth an unimaginable secret - a secret with radical repercussions for us all.

Winner of Sundance Film Festival’s Special Jury Award, "Three Identical Strangers" is an exuberant celebration of family that transforms into a thriller with colossal implications and proof that life is truly is stranger than fiction.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lazy, effing MORONIC writing/marketing like this makes me actively avoid movies. "Most amazing, incredible, remarkable...times three!" Shove it up your pie hole, Neon!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I vaguely remember these guys from back in the 80's in NYC, so I was curious to see this movie. Wow, I had no idea what transpired later in their lives :sad:

Reaction score
I vaguely remember these guys from back in the 80's in NYC, so I was curious to see this movie. Wow, I had no idea what transpired later in their lives :sad:

Can you give a brief summary under a spoiler tag please?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Turns out the adoption agency intentionally separated them at birth to allow a scientific study to be conducted. Evoking comparisons with Dr. Mengele (without the gruesomeness!)

I guess the question they wanted to study was "nature vs nurture.' The 3 grew up in very different households yet they all had psychological issues and had all been under therapy at some point. It was implied their mother - whom they only met a couple of times - had mental problems also. They all had vague memories of strangers coming to their respective homes and film them and ask questions. One of the triplets eventually committed suicide.