Brexit looks like it's going to happen

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Between this and the upcoming presidential vote the market is going to be on edge. By the end of the year we might be close to recession mode.

Tomorrows opening bell could see one of the biggest drops since '08

The Dow futures are already down 600+

Last edited:

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Absolutely criminal, I am shocked and saddened that some some of my fellow Brits have been swayed to vote the way they have. Time will tell, but it will take years to recover if we ever do.

Boris will end up as PM which is as laughable as Trump getting in over there. Corbyn already has a vote of no confidence from Labour and can see him being done too.

Things have always been said to move fast in Westminster, today has been staggering already.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Absolutely criminal, I am shocked and saddened that some some of my fellow Brits have been swayed to vote the way they have. Time will tell, but it will take years to recover if we ever do..

What was the driving force behind this? I keep hearing that EU members have gotten tired of bailing out entire countries.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
English I would invite your opinion to the threads in P&R about this but they have become so heated that it would likely get lost in the shuffle.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Honestly DeAnna it feels like xenophobia to a certain extent and also partly two figures up the an establishment from the country who I think feel they have been ignored for too long.

Some of the arguments for leaving, mainly from ukip were deplorable hate filled nonsense. Some of the Remain campaign stuff was laughable too, but it seems that playing on people's fears on immigration and promising them their England back has worked.

People don't like change, but have voted for change in order to to achieve this. Go figure!

I've no idea how it will pan out and hopefully this dices ion doesn't come back to haunt us.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Brexit moran.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Now we know the real reason Boris Johnson stepped down. These nationalist types just cant seem to win without cheating and Russia:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-official-the-brexit-campaign-cheated-its-way-to-victory

abour MP David Lammy said: “This news makes the narrow referendum result look dodgier than ever. It’s validity is now in question. Politicians from all parties have a duty to ask: Do we want to continue with a policy that will wreck our economy and consume government for the next decade, based on this flimsy result?”

Fellow Labour MP Chuka Umunna said: “We know Vote Leave lied on a gargantuan scale—we now know they cheated too and it’s official. Did it affect the result? In a referendum where there was a 4 percent gap between Leave/Remain, they overspent by 10 percent. Go figure.”

As the referendum was not legally binding—the supreme court judged it to be advisory only—a re-run can’t be ordered by a court. Any decision to have a fresh referendum would have to be made by the government and backed by Parliament and there’s no suggestion that will happen.

Despite the findings, allegations of Russian involvement, and leaders of the campaigns admitting some of their claims were misleading—Britain still looks set to go through with its biggest political upheaval since the Second World War.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose