2018 World Cup

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
When the midfield's too clogged, you need someone to ping the long ball, and Shelvey sure wasn't hurt.
I have to say I have not seen anyone better than shelvey in that midfield that gives you something in the attack especially providing service into the final third. Henderson was ok but often disappointed. Trippier was probably the only constant threat they had off set pieces and the right side.

I think it is safe to say most of us on here had England for what they are. They have done very well but They clearly do not have the quality of the elite. It showed even more against Belgium when they were run off the pitch. Modric’s words to the English press were correct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
On another note, I wish I had the guts to bet this WC. I had every knockout stage game correct besides Spain v Russia and Sweden v Swiss.

France wins 2-1 v Croatia.
Initially i agreed with you but I’m going to do a last minute flip and pick Croatia for the same score. So far I’ve only missed the Belgium France pick in the knockout. I got lucky with Russia upsetting Spain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This is exactly why I don’t want VAR in football. There’s no way that can be a deliberate handball. The ref wasn’t even sure watching on replay yet he gave it? And the first France goal comes from a dive. Shame

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
France deserve to win. This was a great World Cup. Not the best final to cap it from a score line but it was exciting to watch. France were clinical in the second

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm not much of a soccer fan but my cousin from France is here visiting us, so needless to say it was fun watching the fame with him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I could only watch the 1st half live. Then my effing phone popped up an alert with the winner. Then even my mother's TV, which was tuned to effing Fox News, ruined the scoreline. I didn't even bother watching what would have been a surprising, thrilling 2nd half :(

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I could only watch the 1st half live. Then my effing phone popped up an alert with the winner. Then even my mother's TV, which was tuned to effing Fox News, ruined the scoreline. I didn't even bother watching what would have been a surprising, thrilling 2nd half :(
that's a shame because it was an amazing final due to the amount of goals scored and the valiant effort Croatia gave. for me the ref pissed on the match, but you have to say Croatia only scored 2 goals for all of their press and lloris gave them one back as well.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
In the end I think this was a great World Cup. Brazil, Argentina, and Germany were not in the top 4. If you consider Italy and Dutch didn't even make the finals, this made for an odd showing. But I think it shows that Football is spreading around the globe. While people are against expanding the World Cup I think that we are slowly seeing the yield of world cup expansion. Still the team with the most quality won and they didn't even play great all of the time. that tells you how much talent France have compared to other nations. I wish we would have seen more from the France/Belgium match, but in the end France showed a lot of defensive ability by holding them to no goals.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose