Update: David Johnson sits out, wants contract extension

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Yeah but he is coming off an injury. So that they could be in the trying to wait as if he plays healthy in 2018 and goes on a FA tag. Then we shall see if he gets a new deal.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yeah but he is coming off an injury. So that they could be in the trying to wait as if he plays healthy in 2018 and goes on a FA tag. Then we shall see if he gets a new deal.

I seriously doubt the Cardinals are making that big of a deal of his wrist injury (which I think was his left and not the one arm he would be securing the ball for the majority) unless he was playing tennis and he's not... now a knee would be another story

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the Cardinals are making that big of a deal of his wrist injury (which I think was his left and not the one arm he would be securing the ball for the majority) unless he was playing tennis and he's not... now a knee would be another story

On the wrist injury I worry only about his pass catching which is as important for the type game he plays. Not saying it will affect him but my only worry or concern.

As for the contract it’ll get done as DJ can’t risk it but the cards hold all the cards but one. Saying this will be a contract based on the terms that suits the cards...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s a curious statement. Did the cards run right a disproportionate amount of time with DJ?

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
That’s a curious statement. Did the cards run right a disproportionate amount of time with DJ?

Well, his two biggest memorable runs from scrimmage being the Patriot and the Eagle game was to the right. Yes, you use the arm going to the side which the play is directed but if you are the Cardinals, do you really see the wrist now as a concern... in my opinion I do not, and his dominant arm would be the one which leads the mechanics towards making a catch :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, his two biggest memorable runs from scrimmage being the Patriot and the Eagle game was to the right. Yes, you use the arm going to the side which the play is directed but if you are the Cardinals, do you really see the wrist now as a concern... in my opinion I do not, and his dominant arm would be the one which leads the mechanics towards making a catch :)
If I’m the cardinals and being asked to shell out millions DAMN SKIPPY I’m concerned about that wrist.

And I’m glad you can diagnose the wrist in nfl action from your computer, doctor.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
If I’m the cardinals and being asked to shell out millions DAMN SKIPPY I’m concerned about that wrist.

And I’m glad you can diagnose the wrist in nfl action from your computer, doctor.

You are acting like his wrist is a concern. OK, that goes both ways, what makes you think it's a problem as much as me saying it's not. I can use the same sarcastic tone then for you saying it's a concern Dr. Clown. Matter of fact, Coach Wilks saying he looked great (granted without pads) and the whole Cardinal organization and NFL all gimpy about his return, his actual doctor (not you or I) claiming he is cleared and healed. Johnson saying and appearing he feels great, unless you think it was all PR and covering up which from my inclination it's not from what I think Johnson's character has shown so far
This is about money and not a injury to the wrist on a freaking running back and not a quarterback. If the Cardinals wanted to trade him, there would be a ton of teams lining up which do not include the Rams, Giants, Cowboys or Steelers

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You are acting like his wrist is a concern. OK, that goes both ways, what makes you think it's a problem as much as me saying it's not. I can use the same sarcastic tone then for you saying it's a concern Dr. Clown. Matter of fact, Coach Wilks saying he looked great (granted without pads) and the whole Cardinal organization and NFL all gimpy about his return, his actual doctor (not you or I) claiming he is cleared and healed. Johnson saying and appearing he feels great, unless you think it was all PR and covering up which from my inclination it's not from what I think Johnson's character has shown so far
This is about money and not a injury to the wrist on a freaking running back and not a quarterback. If the Cardinals wanted to trade him, there would be a ton of teams lining up which do not include the Rams, Cowboys or Steelers
David Johnson is in young Steph Curry territory right now, he can't expect full market value due to recent rash of (freak) injuries, but the Cards would be wise to give him a fair and lucrative deal as well because he is a young star. I still believe what I proposed a few weeks ago in this thread would do the trick.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the Cards should be concerned about the injury as well as whether or not he is going to change his diet again to appease his wife's feefees about animals without first consulting with team staff.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, really concerned about his wrist.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

But his wrist will never be the same!

:sarcasm:

On a side note I might be able to lift one of those off the ground with all of my strength. Man I need to hit the gym. #25lbs

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose