I love this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I guess Vrsalko did play after all.

Croatia is showing dead legs. I don't know that they have the energy to come back. Let's hope they do :)
Their legs have come alive late. England look very weary.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I agree with him. I am disappointed with France because I thought it would be a more open match with their quality. but France had a plan and executed it well. They practically took Belgiums abilitiy to counter out of the match and frustrated them by sitting back. They played a lot like his own Chelsea have been playing the last 2 years.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
England have played great tonight. They just lack that final touch.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
England have played great tonight. They just lack that final touch.

They've lacked the final touch all tournament. How many times did they get dinged by the analysts for not getting the 2nd goal? Did it v Sweden, but squeaked by a lot. Simply not clinical enough.

That's not to take ANYTHING away from England. They by far exceeded my expectations--everyone's expectations. They did a wonderful job for such a young team.

But Croatia, man. WOW. They have the quality, and they've shown these last 3 games that they have the guts, too. Well, I picked 'em to go all the way after the group stages, so we'll see if they can win one more.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They've lacked the final touch all tournament. How many times did they get dinged by the analysts for not getting the 2nd goal? Did it v Sweden, but squeaked by a lot. Simply not clinical enough.

That's not to take ANYTHING away from England. They by far exceeded my expectations--everyone's expectations. They did a wonderful job for such a young team.

But Croatia, man. WOW. They have the quality, and they've shown these last 3 games that they have the guts, too. Well, I picked 'em to go all the way after the group stages, so we'll see if they can win one more.
Yes. They have a lot of attacking players but are missing a number 10 and other midfield roles. and by dropping Kane to fill that role they are taking their best player away from what he does well. With that said he missed an easy goal by his standards. Sterling caused a lot of problems but not finding that final ball.

England should be proud. They needed to do more when they had Croatia’s defense on the ropes early. Reminded me a lot of the Colombia match just this Croatian side have loads more of quality. I do hope they win the final. They can beat France.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Definitely could have used more players in the middle and it showed last night against a superior side that owned the midfield in the second half. Even wilshere who I don’t like...could have been added instead of welbeck and I’m not a big Eric dier fan either.

Modric called out the english press for their arrogance and he’s spot on. They disrespected Croatia before and after the match.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely could have used more players in the middle and it showed last night against a superior side that owned the midfield in the second half. Even wilshere who I don’t like...could have been added instead of welbeck and I’m not a big Eric dier fan either.

Modric called out the english press for their arrogance and he’s spot on. They disrespected Croatia before and after the match.

Croatia has the best midfield in the world. They were always going to lose out there. A lot of England's midfield talent is hurt with Lallana and Oxlade Chamberlin.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note, I wish I had the guts to bet this WC. I had every knockout stage game correct besides Spain v Russia and Sweden v Swiss.

France wins 2-1 v Croatia.