Bill and Ted Face the Music (aka Bill and Ted 3)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no Rufus, no movie.

my high school friend Frasier Bain played Ted's little brother. Had the best line in the movie:

"You ditched Napoleon?"

"He was a dick!"

I'll still believe it when I see it. That said, I liked the 2nd one. Death was freaking hilarious in that movie.

I just realized something very strange. There were three movies that were filmed in AZ right around that period... Bill And Ted 1, Raising Arizona and Just One Of The Guys... and somehow, I know people who ended up having actual significant roles in each one. Frasier in B and T, Ms. Arizona was Lynn Keitei and the "It's okay everyone... he's got tits" Love interest guy's Mom in Just One Of The Guys was one of my Mom's good friends.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no Rufus, no movie.

my high school friend Frasier Bain played Ted's little brother. Had the best line in the movie:

"You ditched Napoleon?"

"He was a dick!"

I'll still believe it when I see it. That said, I liked the 2nd one. Death was freaking hilarious in that movie.

I just realized something very strange. There were three movies that were filmed in AZ right around that period... Bill And Ted 1, Raising Arizona and Just One Of The Guys... and somehow, I know people who ended up having actual significant roles in each one. Frasier in B and T, Ms. Arizona was Lynn Keitei and the "It's okay everyone... he's got tits" Love interest guy's Mom in Just One Of The Guys was one of my Mom's good friends.

Frazier Bain :BIM:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0047709/

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized something very strange. There were three movies that were filmed in AZ right around that period... Bill And Ted 1, Raising Arizona and Just One Of The Guys...

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Just One of the Guys, and the TV film Not Quite Human were all partially filmed at Coronado High School.

Not Quite Human was with Jay Underwood, Alan Thicke, and Kristy Swanson, etc. about an android (Jay Underwood) that looks like a 17-year-old boy being observed by a scientist (Alan Thicke) posing as a teacher. Kristy Swanson played a fellow student interested in "Chip" Carson.

I remember seeing the crew and actors in the halls by our lockers and out on the campus also. Didn't know it at the time, but in reading up on the movie discovered that Alan Thicke and Kristy Swanson were dating during the time this was being made. They began dating a year before when she was only 17 and he was 40.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no Rufus, no movie.

"You ditched Napoleon?"

"He was a dick!"

Just one of the Guys was filmed at Coronado too.

Also you forgot Not quite Human

never mind didn't see your next post.

It was crazy seeing all the production trucks time after time. I was always like... another movie?

I don't remember for which production it was, but they were scouting my alley, and I remember as a kid I went up to warn them there was some bad language graffiti on some people's block walls. ROFL.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Just One of the Guys, and the TV film Not Quite Human were all partially filmed at Coronado High School.

Not Quite Human was with Jay Underwood, Alan Thicke, and Kristy Swanson, etc. about an android (Jay Underwood) that looks like a 17-year-old boy being observed by a scientist (Alan Thicke) posing as a teacher. Kristy Swanson played a fellow student interested in "Chip" Carson.

I remember seeing the crew and actors in the halls by our lockers and out on the campus also. Didn't know it at the time, but in reading up on the movie discovered that Alan Thicke and Kristy Swanson were dating during the time this was being made. They began dating a year before when she was only 17 and he was 40.

Bill and Ted was filmed all over the Phoenix area--Coronado, the Circle K mentioned above, the ice rink at Metrocenter, the sheriff's office on Washington, Sunsplash in Mesa and the bowling alley was at Rural and the Superstition freeway.

Kinda funny since there actually is a San Dimas in California.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is funny seeing how many ASFN'ers went to Coronado. And now ASFN'ers myself, Chris Sanders and Jersey Girl live close to Coronado (Chris and Jersey a few blocks closer than me)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It is funny seeing how many ASFN'ers went to Coronado. And now ASFN'ers myself, Chris Sanders and Jersey Girl live close to Coronado (Chris and Jersey a few blocks closer than me)

My dad's side of the family all went to Coronado. I did not (McClintock grad).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill and Ted was filmed all over the Phoenix area--Coronado, the Circle K mentioned above, the ice rink at Metrocenter, the sheriff's office on Washington, Sunsplash in Mesa and the bowling alley was at Rural and the Superstition freeway.

Yes and they filmed at the San Dimas High School too.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keanu Reeves And Alex Winter Officially Sign On To Bill And Ted 3

https://lrmonline.com/news/keanu-reeves-and-alex-winter-officially-sign-on-to-bill-and-ted-3/

Okay, so here’s a movie that sounds like it’s going to happen. While nothing is ever a sure thing in Hollywood, Bill and Ted Face the Music (the next film in the long-dormant franchise) actually sounds like it’s going to happen.

According to Deadline, stars Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter — who first took on the iconic roles 27 some-odd years back — have officially signed on to this third long-gestating threequel. In fact, the movie is already in preproduction, though there is no word yet on when we can expect this thing to go in front of cameras.

If that wasn’t enough for you, the franchise’s creators Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon have also penned the script for the film, and on board to direct the movie is Galaxy Quest‘s Dean Parisot. Given how well Parisot has been able to create films with loving nods to the past, this sounds like it could be the perfect fit.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Keanu Reeves And Alex Winter Officially Sign On To Bill And Ted 3

https://lrmonline.com/news/keanu-reeves-and-alex-winter-officially-sign-on-to-bill-and-ted-3/

Okay, so here’s a movie that sounds like it’s going to happen. While nothing is ever a sure thing in Hollywood, Bill and Ted Face the Music (the next film in the long-dormant franchise) actually sounds like it’s going to happen.

According to Deadline, stars Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter — who first took on the iconic roles 27 some-odd years back — have officially signed on to this third long-gestating threequel. In fact, the movie is already in preproduction, though there is no word yet on when we can expect this thing to go in front of cameras.

If that wasn’t enough for you, the franchise’s creators Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon have also penned the script for the film, and on board to direct the movie is Galaxy Quest‘s Dean Parisot. Given how well Parisot has been able to create films with loving nods to the past, this sounds like it could be the perfect fit.

Hmm, so I'm cautiously optim... Ah, who am I kidding?

I'M ALL IN ON THIS ONE!

The first movie is a staple of my childhood--one of those movies that actually doesn't completely blow chunks when you watch it as an adult!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. As much as l love these characters it's been a long time. The younger generation doesn't even know who they are or probably care. I am trying to understand why Keanu signed on unless he simply loves his character. He doesn't need it.

I hope it's good but I won't hold my breath.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know. As much as l love these characters it's been a long time. The younger generation doesn't even know who they are or probably care. I am trying to understand why Keanu signed on unless he simply loves his character. He doesn't need it.

I think the fact that he doesn't need it could make it even better, because if he's doing it because he wants to have fun, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Of course, not one scene of that first movie was shot in San Dimas, it was all shot in Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa.

LOL I should quote myself

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I watched filming every night at the Circle K in Tempe with my friends. It was down the street from where I lived at the time.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope it's good but I won't hold my breath.
I think the fact that he doesn't need it could make it even better, because if he's doing it because he wants to have fun, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Totally agree. He can pick and choose the roles he takes, so why not do something different or revisit a character that helped his career? As an actor, it's probably very intriguing to him.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Pretty wild. I know Keanu went on to have a career as a major star, but I always thought the other guy had been killed in Vietnam or something.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh dear God no! If the second one had been any good, I'd probably be all in on this, given what others have said about Keanu and his project choices, but it wasn't, so...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh dear God no! If the second one had been any good, I'd probably be all in on this, given what others have said about Keanu and his project choices, but it wasn't, so...
Gee, didn’t expect THIS post... ;)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Of course, not one scene of that first movie was shot in San Dimas, it was all shot in Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa.

Yep lots of it was at Coronado (Scottsdale). Even the auditorium (presentation scene) is Coronado.

It's funny watching the movie and seeing Golfland/Sunsplash as well.

I remember reading somewhere they've been trying to get this thing going for 10 years or more. Too bad. 10 years ago they could've gotten George Carlin. Maybe that's why it stalled... his death?

Keanu's career also seemed to go down the drain, but has recently resurfaced with the John Wick movies, and even Knock Knock was an interesting flick. I can see that after Constantine he really wasn't in much, so ~2008 it was probably a harder sell to make it. Now it's 2018 and all we get are sequels so it fits.

So overall everything is coming around again and I guess now is the time to make the 3rd one happen. Can't wait to see it, whenever that is. 2020?

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IMDB disagrees. It shows San Dimas High School and a couple of other locations as filming sites in San Dimas. I've driven by that high school many times although I can't say that I recognize any shots from the movie other than, obviously, the high school I went to (Coronado). But most of it was clearly shot in Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IMDB disagrees. It shows San Dimas High School and a couple of other locations as filming sites in San Dimas. I've driven by that high school many times although I can't say that I recognize any shots from the movie other than, obviously, the high school I went to (Coronado). But most of it was clearly shot in Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix.
Maybe some of the time travel stuff was shot in San Dimas, because almost every single scene of them in realtime is in the Phoenix area.

San Dimas isn't exactly a convenient location to shoot in either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose