Impressive introductory press conference

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Even more excited about Josh Rosen after seeing how he handled the presser. He seemed genuinely excited and happy to be a Cardinal and to be coached by Mike McCoy.

"Star Trek Mind Meld" with the offensive coordinator. Interesting!

He's starting out on the right foot, even clarifying last night's statement about '9 mistakes' into being mad about being the 4th quarterback taken versus being the tenth player taken.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
@cheesebeef

hey man,...I need some clarification here... would it be considered antisemetic to get a jersey with "RosenBird" ...you know, play on words, Redbirds, rosenberg,.etc...maybe with a hyphen, I dunno..

Loved the press conference..may favorite part..." I think I just really lucked out".... Sounds like the kid is happy to be a Cardinal...and having players who want to be here is the best kind of players to have

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@cheesebeef

hey man,...I need some clarification here... would it be considered antisemetic to get a jersey with "RosenBird" ...you know, play on words, Redbirds, rosenberg,.etc...maybe with a hyphen, I dunno..

Loved the press conference..may favorite part..." I think I just really lucked out".... Sounds like the kid is happy to be a Cardinal...and having players who want to be here is the best kind of players to have

Lol... not really offensive, but man that’s a bit of a stretch from a nickname standpoint, IMO!

I might get one that says The Rosen One.

Eh... who am I kidding? I’m probably gonna go with what I did last night that caused such a hilarious stink.

Edit: On second thought, I’d caution that jersey idea Oaken. Some might take offense there. I see what you’re trying to do with RedBird Rosenberg, but you’re kind doubling-up on the Jew by adding the Berg of it all last name, which could lead to some people seeing you as lumping all Jews together. And it might take a bit of explaining to someone who doesn’t get It and in my experience, the more explaining you have to do for reference/joke, the more the joke kinda falls flat and can get you into trouble.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... not really offensive, but man that’s a bit of a stretch from a nickname standpoint, IMO!

Eh... who am I kidding? I’m probably gonna go with what I did last night that caused such a hilarious stink.

Edit: On second thought, I’d caution that jersey idea Oaken. Some might take offense there. I see what you’re trying to do with RedBird Rosenberg, but you’re kind doubling-up on the Jew by adding the Berg of it all last name, which could lead to some people seeing you as lumping all Jews together. And it might take a bit of explaining to someone who doesn’t get It and in my experience, the more explaining you have to do for reference/joke, the more the joke kinda falls flat and can get you into trouble.

Geez man, let it go.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If he winds up sucking, everyone can go The Unknown Comic style and write on the outside "The Rosen Bag" instead of rosin bag.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

thats what I was concerned over... so I guess getting it with #10 would even be worse, lol...

I have to check on these things sometimes since I have no social filters. Thanks for understanding/not trippin

my original idea was to have a #10 jersey with Foigl-Bande as the name.... but that would also require much explanation and since I aint technically jewish...being a bald white guy might send the wrong impression

The Rosen One .... thats good though

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know you are poking the bear with your post.

You’re going to have to tell me how. Did you READ OAKEN’S QUESTION? He asked a question and I answered.

Am I just not allowed to talk about Judaism at all on this board anymore? Even when someone asks? I said last night I was confused what could and could not be said here at this point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats what I was concerned over... so I guess getting it with #10 would even be worse, lol...

I have to check on these things sometimes since I have no social filters. Thanks for understanding/not trippin

my original idea was to have a #10 jersey with Foigl-Bande as the name.... but that would also require much explanation and since I aint technically jewish...being a bald white guy might send the wrong impression

Wha?!?? You can’t steal my Rosen One! :)

And here’s the thing... I would never flip out on someone asking me a question if something’s offensive. That shows a) they’re at least sensitive to an issue and b) I think that’s usually THE best way to communicate about things we aren’t sure about.

It can lead to enlightenment and better understanding.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
+
You must be registered for see images attach
=

You must be registered for see images

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What is your problem? Oaken asked me a question. I answered.
I agree with you Cheese, I am not sure where Dreamcastrocks is coming from. I also read Oaken's post as a legit question. I always found Oaken to be a straight shooter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Cheese, I am not sure where Dreamcastrocks is coming from. I also read Oaken's post as a legit question. I always found Oaken to be a straight shooter.

Thanks dude.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm happy with the pick. I think Bradford starts the season, gets injured about 6 games in. Glennon takes over for about 3 games and doesn't set the world on fire. And Rosen finishes it out giving us a glimpse of the next 15 years at qb!

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it had to do with Cheese becoming a dentist just for the jokes.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re going to have to tell me how. Did you READ OAKEN’S QUESTION? He asked a question and I answered.

Am I just not allowed to talk about Judaism at all on this board anymore? Even when someone asks? I said last night I was confused what could and could not be said here at this point.
My guess (haven't talked to dcr) is your reference to "Eh... who am I kidding? I’m probably gonna go with what I did last night that caused such a hilarious stink."

btw, when I'm a little less busy at work today, I'll be PMing you & Ouchie about all this that will hopefully clear it up for you.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

How about Rosen with the numeral 1 underneath. He's our first round pick (hence the 1) and it still keeps your play on words.

Why the need to incorporate his religious/ethnic heritage at all?