So if Cousins sign with the Browns

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Theres talk that Cousins is seriously considering to sign with the Browns. If that’s so, shall we trade up to the no. 1 or 4 spot? What will it take to grab that spot? And who would we select?

I think Rosen/Darnold won’t be their at the 4, and there’s a drop off of QB talent to reach for a qb at that pick. So we have to get the number one spot and pick Rosen. Thoughts?

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
I would do what it takes to get to 1, assuming the HC has his eyes on Rosen or Darnold and thinks he can make it work.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen & Darnold are both vastly overrated IMHO - whichever teams reach for these guys are gonna live to regret it.

I'd much rather roll with Keenum for a year or two at a reasonable cost, while looking for the right guy in the draft, wherever he may be found - at the top, or a mid-rounder that overachieves. NFW I want Cousins at $20m+, the guy is too erratic to command elite money IMHO.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
or... the Browns may keep their picks...draft a guy like Barkley, and a new franchise LT both in the top 4 ... which means at least two QB's will slide further than some people think

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or... the Browns may keep their picks...draft a guy like Barkley, and a new franchise LT both in the top 4 ... which means at least two QB's will slide further than some people think

If they sign Cousins, with the #4 in their pocket, I think they’ll look to stock up big time with that 1st pick. They could prob get our first this year and next and prob both 3rds this year... or even our 2nd this year... which would prob put them in a great position to get our VERY high pick next year.

And I think we should make every attempt to make that happen. Franchise needs to gamble big to launch usfor the next decade.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I say throw that bank at cousins. Known commodity. He defeated all 4 NFC west teams in 2017. Fits with Shurmur's offense. Trade down to 20s in first round, load up and draft multiple second and third rounders where Keim has good track record. Trade away late round picks for next year.

I say this as I have no confidence is Cardinals developing a QB.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If they sign Cousins, with the #4 in their pocket, I think they’ll look to stock up big time with that 1st pick. They could prob get our first this year and next and prob both 3rds this year... or even our 2nd this year... which would prob put them in a great position to get our VERY high pick next year.

And I think we should make every attempt to make that happen. Franchise needs to gamble big to launch usfor the next decade.
oh I agree... if the chance is there we need to take it. Of course...not sure if I want to get in a bidding war either, lol...
good chance, if they want Barkley,...they keep the 1 and deal the 4... some rumors have Indy taking Barkley at 3...
in that case the Gints would have first shot at the QB's... but then if the Browns take Barkley,...Indy could trade out of three...

you know how draft day goes

so if they want to keep the 1...we might be better off trying to get #3 from indy

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
IMO: This rumor is not credible. Why pick an 0-16 team? He’s got to be more competitive than that.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they have the most money.

If he can make the team a winner he would be an NFL legend

they have the most money

He already has 90% more money than he should have earned (even in his wildest dreams)
Is he that greedy?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He already has 90% more money than he should have earned (even in his wildest dreams)
Is he that greedy?
Name me a player not named Larry Fitzgerald that isn't and even Larry, rightly so, looks out for #1. Hell, we all congratulated CC for going to Jacksonville for the money and he gets to the playoffs to boot.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You are worth what you are paid.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m taking the max money over playing for a more competitive team with less money for any sport any day of the week.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NFW I want Cousins at $20m+, the guy is too erratic to command elite money IMHO.

Me neither, I’ve seen him play for several years and he is not as good as his stats plus he is a turnover machine. Hope he stays in Washington!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m taking the max money over playing for a more competitive team with less money for any sport any day of the week.
Curious, do you apply that to your day to day life too?

If one company is terrible, has poor working hours and equipment, the boss is bad, and the location is terrible, but the pay is greater, you say, "oh well, I'm just going to take the cash?"

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious, do you apply that to your day to day life too?

If one company is terrible, has poor working hours and equipment, the boss is bad, and the location is terrible, but the pay is greater, you say, "oh well, I'm just going to take the cash?"
Nah, just sports. I’m not laying my body on the line & being away from my family during the season like those guys do.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMO: This rumor is not credible. Why pick an 0-16 team? He’s got to be more competitive than that.
Tons of picks, Joe Thomas, stingy defense, Josh Gordon, tons of money, young team to lead. Way more options