Trade for Garappolo!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I cant believe no one has suggested this yet. Trade our first round pick for him. It would be a high pick and he is better then any qb coming out of the draft now.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Not gonna happen, NE is keeping him even if it means a large contract. No matter what Brady said, he is starting to show a little wear and tear and I don't see him lasting more than another year or two at most.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I cant believe no one has suggested this yet. Trade our first round pick for him. It would be a high pick and he is better then any qb coming out of the draft now.

He's better because he beat the Cardinals, last year and then got hurt in his 2nd start?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup because he proved he could play in the NFL. That's more then what I could say then rolling the dice on Rosen/Jackson/Darnold.
Wow, this is really stupid.

No different than saying “Hey, let’s sign Mike Glennon. He has proved more in the NFL than DeShaun Watson” before the draft.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, this is really stupid.

No different than saying “Hey, let’s sign Mike Glennon. He has proved more in the NFL than DeShaun Watson” before the draft.
Wow you’re a idiot if you think Garrapolo is like Mike Glennon

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jimmy G is very unproven and someone is gonna pay him big money.

Didn't Matt Cassell win double digit games when Brady was out get paid then nothing. I'll take a rookie over Jimmy G

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Wow you’re a idiot if you think Garrapolo is like Mike Glennon

Now, I rarely agree with DVontel, but you're an idiot, if you can't at least understand the analogy. I will say, though, a better comparison would be to use Matt Flynn, instead of Glennon. Flynn had one really good start, got paid and flamed out (couldn't even beat out a rookie). This could very well be Garrapolo.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
The most popular player, when you have a crappy team, seems to always be someone else's backup QB. Personally, I'd much rather roll the dice with a high drafted rookie, than pay a premium for a backup on another team.

The % of success that a rookie is going to have long-term is low, but at least rookie contracts are more reasonable...

The list of backup failures is quite long, in fact I have a hard time finding any/many successes, yet those contracts are usually high $$ and can set a team back just as much, if not more, than a rookie failure.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Cardinals will probably throw a boat load of money at Brees. It's what they do.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The Cardinals will probably throw a boat load of money at Brees. It's what they do.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Brees is dang good. No signs of any drop-off on his play.

Last edited:

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
What about Cousins? He turned down 17 million per, so maybe too expensive?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I wouldn't mid that at all. Brees is dang good. No signs of any drop-off on his play.
Mitch, he's going to be 39 going into the 2018 season. How much longer do you think he is going to last?

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Mitch, he's going to be 39 going into the 2018 season. How much longer do you think he is going to last?

I think the Cardinals could get three very good years from Brees. Of course, I'd like to see him paired with a different head coach and offensive coordinator...ones who value pass protection.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose