For the love everything: Bring Fitz back

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do what you have to do to bring him back, he got plenty of game left.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what? This current team, if all the stars align, is a 6 win team at the tippy top best and next year with either some retread QB, Stanton, Gabbert, or whatever rookie, if any, we take, will be worse. Larry deserves better than this.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure if it's not at the expense of another position you can not have a high cap hit number on a 35 year old wide receiver

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a reality if he plays too long. He's a bright guy with a worldwide philosophy. He wants to do much more than play football. The game has made him a wealthy man. I think he's given more than enough and deserves to live a long, healthy life. He'll leave; he's too smart not to do so.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No amount of money will keep Larry playing if he feels done.

I am 90 percent sure he has already decided this will be his last season.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Enjoy this season as it’ll be his last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not at 35 and he needs a QB who can sling. His least productive seasons were with the QB's who should have never been in this league.
Well Max Hall or his equivalent will never be fielded. Or they could trade for one like Brasett or Garapolo.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a reality if he plays too long. He's a bright guy with a worldwide philosophy. He wants to do much more than play football. The game has made him a wealthy man. I think he's given more than enough and deserves to live a long, healthy life. He'll leave; he's too smart not to do so.
He played for like what..11-12 seasons and played football for most of his life. You don't think he might have some mild form of it already (god forbid) if we are to believe the report?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at 35 and he needs a QB who can sling. His least productive seasons were with the QB's who should have never been in this league.

His best yardage season was 2011 (or it was 2nd best, over 1400 yards). His QBs were Kolb and Skelton.

That said, I would be surprised if he comes back. If he wants to do TV, he will do great. He could be another Michael Strahan, not just a color guy. And, he already owns three businesses that are reportedly doing well.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The right thing to do would be trade him before the deadline to a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Would be great if the Vikings were one of those teams. I don't know when the trade deadline is but I'm pretty sure it will be very apparent we won't be in the mix.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Fitz is staying n the NFL past this year, he's going to want to win a ring. I would also 100% bet he's angling for greater receiving TD records, either breaking through the top 5 at 128 TDs, or he's looking to surpass Chris Carter's 130 TDs since he grew up idolizing him and hanging around the Vikings facility.

Being 33 years old is really not that old, and speed was never his game. He's not going to lose the ability to catch a football anytime soon, and he still has the best body position on a high ball in the league. I just don't believe this is his last year, and I think he's got 2-3 more in him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep he's playing for 1 reason at this point, sucks we can't send him out the way he deserves. Larry Legend has given every ounce of heart, soul & blood to the Cardinal organization & fans. There's never been a bigger warrior wearing red!!!

Btw I think he got a ding dong to his head on the great TD today. Ugh

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep he's playing for 1 reason at this point, sucks we can't send him out the way he deserves. Larry Legend has given every ounce of heart, soul & blood to the Cardinal organization & fans. There's never been a bigger warrior wearing red!!!

Btw I think he got a ding dong to his head on the great TD today. Ugh

Had the wind knocked out falling on the ball.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'd have to play for a lot less money for it to work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His best yardage season was 2011 (or it was 2nd best, over 1400 yards). His QBs were Kolb and Skelton.

That said, I would be surprised if he comes back. If he wants to do TV, he will do great. He could be another Michael Strahan, not just a color guy. And, he already owns three businesses that are reportedly doing well.
What are the businesses?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The right thing to do would be trade him before the deadline to a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Would be great if the Vikings were one of those teams. I don't know when the trade deadline is but I'm pretty sure it will be very apparent we won't be in the mix.
Lol

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the businesses?

1) Travel Agency that puts together really exotic trips. Like the one's Fitz goes on every year.
2) A business that prepares, organizes and feeds large conventions.
3) A talent agency that focuses on comedians and musicians primarily.

The guy has a lot of interests. I would be stunned if he went into something as mundane as coaching.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave