OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chester was born and raised in PhoeniX -
Attended Centennial high school Greenway high school and graduated from Washington high school

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the article:

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

:|

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
From the article:

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

:|

I hate that. Somebody dying does not give you license to air all of their skeletons. Theres a difference between speculation and that. "And then in 3rd grade this happened, and then when he was 13..." etc.

Maybe he killed himself because his goldfish died. Nobody knows. It might have nothing to do with that other stuff. Article writers just doing research like "what other horrific stuff can we guess is the reason he did it?"

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just terrible. Chester's family lives in Gilbert and I taught two of his kids. It just makes me sick, when I think about them.

He was only 41. Christ. This world is a vale of tears.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Airing skeletons? That's information Chester was open about and said so numerous times in the past.

And?

would it be appropriate at an awards show to introduce him as former molestation victim and lead singer of Linkin Park...Chester Bennington!

I mean because he was open about it, right?

Time and place people. Some have no concept of tact.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
And?

would it be appropriate at an awards show to introduce him as former molestation victim and lead singer of Linkin Park...Chester Bennington!

I mean because he was open about it, right?

Time and place people. Some have no concept of tact.

:bigyawn:

He was open about that because he WANTED to bring attention and awareness to hopefully be helpful to other who have gone through such things. Any attention brought to his ongoing cause is worthy, whether or not you approve.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Today was chris cornell birthday
he was a good friend of him
He sung at his funeral
Really sad
A suicide again, both hanged

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on a call at work & holding back tears & unable to pay attention. Damn. I'm too emotional...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
UPDATE: 1:17 a.m. EDT — After the tweets posted from Talinda Ann Bentley’s official Twitter account that said Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington did not kill himself were deleted Friday, another tweet was posted from the account that read she “encouraged him to kill himself I (sic) told him no one cared.”

The tweet was posted from the official account of Talinda Ann Bentley hours after her husband Chester Bennington's death, July 21, 2017.Photo: Twitter Screenshot

Tweets posted from the official account of Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Ann Bentley on Friday suggested her husband “didn’t kill himself,” and the latter cheated on him with bandmate Mike Shinoda. The tweets were deleted later, and it remains unclear at the moment whether she actually posted the tweets or whether her Twitter account was hacked.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chester-bennington-wife-talinda-bentley-045929880.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chester Bennington's death mirrors that of close friend Chris Cornell
The death of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington came as a surprise to the world when it was announced, but it also struck similarities to the death of fellow rocker and close friend Chris Cornell, who killed himself in May.

Authorities are investigating Bennington's death as an apparent suicide, Los Angeles County coroner spokesman Brian Elias said Thursday. Bennington, who was 41, was found dead in his home near Los Angeles. He had a strong bond with Cornell and died on what would have been the Soundgarden singer's 53rd birthday.

Bennington was also the godfather to Cornell's 11-year-old son, Chris. And Bennington sang Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" at Cornell's memorial.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...ington-chris-cornell-dead-20170721-story.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dodgers Organist Plays Emotional ‘Numb’ Tribute To Chester Bennington
“Brought tears to my eyes watching that.”
Dodger Stadium filled with the music of Linkin Park on Thursday in honor of the band’s lead singer Chester Bennington, who died Thursday at 41.

Organist Dieter Ruehle played a moving rendition of the alt-rock band’s 2003 hit “Numb” prior to the Los Angeles Dodgers-Atlanta Braves baseball game after receiving a request from a fan on Twitter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-organist-dodgers_us_5971a446e4b09e5f6cce6e48

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chester Bennington Brought Rock Ferocity to Linkin Park’s Innovations
Beginning in 2000, Linkin Park brought the collision of hard rock and hip-hop to its commercial and aesthetic peak, with its lead singer, Chester Bennington, delivering intense, almost physically palpable emotion alongside the grounded rapping of Mike Shinoda.

But how Mr. Bennington — who was found dead Thursday morning in his California home — truly set himself apart was with his flexibility, taking on different vocal personas, depending on the demands of the song. That made him an anomaly for his era: a 2000s progressive who rooted his singing in the tenets of 1980s and 1990s rock, and someone who knew how to extract feeling both from careful whispers and gnarled yelps.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Linkin Park Cancels Remainder Of One More Light Tour After Chester Bennington’s Death
Linkin Park has officially canceled the remainder of their One More Light Tour following the death of frontman Chester Bennington.

“We are incredibly saddened to hear about the passing of Chester Bennington. The Linkin Park One More Light North American Tour has been canceled and refunds are available at point of purchase. Our thoughts go out to all those affected,” Live Nation said in a statement.

Bennington was found dead in his apartment Thursday morning. The Los Angeles County Coroner’s office confirmed to HuffPost Friday morning that the singer died by suicide. An autopsy is currently pending.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...e-more-light-tour_us_59727987e4b0e79ec1995c62

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I'm usually not fazed by celebrity deaths, but this one is devastating. Chester is like a member of our family. LP has been my favorite band, and the only group I really care about, since I heard Hybrid Theory back in 2000.

All 3 of my kids are crazy LP fans. We occasionally setup bracket tournaments to have competitions for our favorite songs.

We have so many family memories linked to LP.
- my daughter singing Breaking the Habit into the viewers at Devils Tower when she was 5
- staying up 24 hours to drive my son and his friend to an LP concert in CA when they were 15
- baking a Living Things cake to celebrate the album's release
- just a crazy # of memories over the last 17 years

I've been to 2 concerts in my life, both LP. Had tickets to their 8/30 show too.

People occasionally say I resemble Chester, although age is catching up to me now. My son put this photo together for me.

You must be registered for see images attach