Luther (BBC)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have BBCA, it should be On Demand.

I did a search for it On Demand but it didn't come up. What's weird is they used to have a 'search by channel' on the menu and it doesn't seem to work that way any more. That was the easy way, but I can't seem to find that function. Maybe I'm doing something wrong now, but I've done it that way in the past with no problem.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah, I saw it! Granted, it was full of commercials, but also packed with the show--the first two episodes of the season, although the story was seamless. Yeah, Luther is back in a big, bad way. Just as good as it used to be.

I just watched it via Amazon. Luther is the best character on TV right now. I will avoid talking about the specifics on what happened on this newest episode, but I enjoyed it and it is long overdue.

That wasn't the first two episodes of the season as far as I can tell. It was a special engagement and they do not have any plans yet to release more as far as I have heard.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I did a search for it On Demand but it didn't come up. What's weird is they used to have a 'search by channel' on the menu and it doesn't seem to work that way any more. That was the easy way, but I can't seem to find that function. Maybe I'm doing something wrong now, but I've done it that way in the past with no problem.

That is very weird. It may be because of what DCR said. See below.

I just watched it via Amazon. Luther is the best character on TV right now. I will avoid talking about the specifics on what happened on this newest episode, but I enjoyed it and it is long overdue.

That wasn't the first two episodes of the season as far as I can tell. It was a special engagement and they do not have any plans yet to release more as far as I have heard.

It registered on my DVR as the 1st 2 episodes of the 4th season, but when I looked, yeah, you're right. That's all we're getting :( Nooooo! It was so open-ended, this is the beginning of a big story line, though, that I figure they'll end up doing more. Really stupid of them to set it up like that if they aren't making more.

Since it was a one-off, maybe that's why it's hard to find On Demand?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is very weird. It may be because of what DCR said. See below.

It registered on my DVR as the 1st 2 episodes of the 4th season, but when I looked, yeah, you're right. That's all we're getting :( Nooooo! It was so open-ended, this is the beginning of a big story line, though, that I figure they'll end up doing more. Really stupid of them to set it up like that if they aren't making more.

Since it was a one-off, maybe that's why it's hard to find On Demand?

That would be my guess. I cut the cord 4-5 years ago though, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Between this and Sherlock getting a special this holiday season, I still feel pretty good about life. The two best shows on TV.

I think that they will do more eventually, but probably in late 2016 or later if Idris is busy like he always seems to be.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and spent the $5 on Amazon to watch these 2 episodes. Great stuff! Can't recommend it enough.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and spent the $5 on Amazon to watch these 2 episodes. Great stuff! Can't recommend it enough.

Some of the best $5 a spent in a while. I hate buying single episodes of TV, but damn was it worth it.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 4 of Luther available for streaming, Netflix

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My mother was thrilled. We watched the first three seasons a few weeks back (with me re-watching), and she was mad they didn't have the 4th.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Broadchurch was mentioned in this thread so I'll just post this here...

Broadchurch’ Season 3 Gets June Premiere Date On BBC America – Deadline
https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...n-3-premiere-date-bbc-america-1202102316/amp/
Didn't enjoy Season 3 as much as Season 1, but it wasn't the waste of time money-grab that was Season 2. The new episodes try to relive the original's focus on relationships instead of being a predictable crime drama, but never seems to hold on for long and constantly slips back into just another police procedural.

About every third episode they remember the real appeal of this series was the unlikely pairing of David Tennant and Olivia Coleman, and how brilliantly this 'odd couple' worked. In one scene Coleman's character asks Tennant's, "Did you kiss her?", and it reminded me of the first season. Unfortunately, those moments were few because so much time was used on the town resident's side stories that had no relevance to this season's crime, and went nowhere.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta tell you, Season 5 was really good!

"Alice is back!!"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose