Phoenix Rising FC retains Goldman Sachs for MLS Soccer Stadium

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another big step towards showing that this club is ready for MLS expansion!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...g-agent-for-mls-soccer-stadium-300451139.html

PHOENIX, May 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing its push for a Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion team, Phoenix Rising Football Club announced today that Goldman Sachs has been retained as structuring agent for the financing of it's proposed climate-controlled MLS stadium.

"We are thrilled Phoenix is among the leading expansion markets for MLS," said Brett M. Johnson, Co-Chairman and Alternate Governor of Phoenix Rising FC. "Goldman Sachs is a leader in sports finance and most recently capitalized the LAFC and D.C. United stadiums. With Goldman Sachs, and our unique partnership with the Solanna Group and the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, we are prepared to privately fund a world-class, soccer specific stadium in Phoenix's most desirable location."

MLS expansion is driven by several factors, including ownership group, market size and stadium financing plan. Retaining Goldman Sachs is the latest critical step in continuing Phoenix Rising's rapid ascent to the finalist-list for MLS consideration.

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to any of the games at Loop 202 and McClintock yet? :shrug:

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to any of the games at Loop 202 and McClintock yet? :shrug:

I went to their last game where they introduced Drogba. It was awesome. Just a fantastic soccer atmosphere. They had their 3rd straight sell out and a record crowd of over 7100. I think the new stadium holds a little over 6000. So it was standing room only for a large group of people. In the Southern "Supporters" section is a group of rowdy fans called the "Banditos". They are awesome and wave flags, beat drums, set of smoke bombs and sing the entire game. Really added to the soccer atmosphere!

There is a nice selection of food at the food tents. Of course Kona Grill was at one of the tents(Owner of Phx Rising is the owner of Kona Grill). There was also a hot dog tent and several different Mexican restaurant tents to choose from. Additionally they had a handful of food trucks there and Four Peaks was there serving beer as well.

Seats were very comfortable. Not a bad seat in the house. It was a very windy the day we were there so it made eating a little challenging. However the wind died down as soon as the sun set. At least it kept thing cool.

They have a nice large team shop tent with tons of great gear. I got a nice polo shirt and grabbed a t-shirt for my son and his best friend.

Parking was a breeze now that they include the cost of parking in the ticket. I guess the first game was a nightmare getting to the game. I guess that first game many people missed the game as they were stuck in traffic waiting to park for like over an hour. It only took us 5 minutes to park so they fixed that issue. Took about 20 minutes for us to get out of the parking lot. Which compared to a Cardinals game is nothing. Only negative is my car was covered in dust from the lot since it's a dirt lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool. Sounds like it was a fun time. :thumbup:

Yeah we had a blast. I recommend checking a game out. Especially before it gets too hot. Even though all of their games start after 7pm, I'm not sure I will be going to many games during the summer. Might bring back nightmares of the Cardinals days playing at SDS.

:devil:

Their games are televised on Cox channel 1007 if you can't make it.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yeah we had a blast. I recommend checking a game out. Especially before it gets too hot. Even though all of their games start after 7pm, I'm not sure I will be going to many games during the summer. Might bring back nightmares of the Cardinals days playing at SDS.

:devil:

Their games are televised on Cox channel 1007 if you can't make it.

Are they on DirecTV at all? Would love to follow the local team in addition to the EPL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose