The 2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe's contract and overall presence on the team and in FA meetings continue to make the Lakers are disaster at the end of his career. It's awesome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Lakers whiff on Howard... Pau leaves them for less money... they whiff on Melo... they whiff on Alridge... and now, the kicker... they offered MAX money to Monroe, who decided to take the same amount... IN MILWAUKEE!

It's not only awesome that the Lakers are whiffing on all these guys, but even better is their thought process in trying to sign them, most of which would have been abject disasters and incredibly overpaid.

I love this... if you couldn't tell. They have an incredible history, but right now, they look like the 2003 Arizona Cardinals with Rod Graves captaining the Titanic, armed with cap space that no one in their right mind wants and being used for leverage for other teams.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I don't think they offered the max to Monroe... And wtf not I have no clue, but that was the report.

Second... LMA came back for another long meeting in LA tonight so pfffft on the media and the Kobe gelling tweets. Shocked he came back because really all we can sell is 3 rookies/sophomores and old Kobe.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
R Lopez reportedly chooses the Knicks over the Lakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I don't think they offered the max to Monroe... And wtf not I have no clue, but that was the report.

pretty sure everyone at 570, John Ireland and Mychael Thompson who both work for the Lakers AND CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...es-agent-says-knicks-lakers-offered-max-deals) know what they offered Monroe a little better then you.

Second... LMA came back for another long meeting in LA tonight so pfffft on the media and the Kobe gelling tweets. Shocked he came back because really all we can sell is 3 rookies/sophomores and old Kobe.

came back for a meeting... WITHOUT Kobe involved... and word is around town that he did it to try and save face when word leaked out how atrocious he thought the Lakers/Kobe were. Alridge ain't dumb and apparently cares about how he's seen by people from all the reports on the radio... from Laker homers. Thinking was he did this as a favor for his agent to let LA save face.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From your OWN article:

So no need to be a dick, cheese.

of course that's what the Lakers are going to say AFTER they got dumped for Milwaukee. It's called saving face... which apparently they failed at again yesterday with Aldridge.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
of course that's what the Lakers are going to say AFTER they got dumped for Milwaukee. It's called saving face... which apparently they failed at again yesterday with Aldridge.

Those reports happened right after their meeting with him. LG was flipping out on it...why meet with the guy and NOT offer him the max when you know that's the asking price? I was mad about that ten hours before he signed elsewhere. That is MORE dysfunctional than whiffing...it is cripplingly stupid.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that was a pretty perfect move. I like Hibbert a lot (rim protection) and he plays very good D. 15-18 m on a 1 year contract and I believe we get his bird rights if he's back in form. Well done lakeshow. You just improved.

Plus he's been working with KAJ.

I much prefer a defensive center who isn't a focal point and happy to score garbage points and set solid screens.

At this point I expect some depth signings and we roll with the young kids.

Starters...

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

Interesting lineup. Not sure they win more than than 30 games but should be a lot of fun to watch. Kobe at SF would be good for his old man game. Upshaw comes along and he'd be a nice sub for Hibbert.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers agree to terms with Florida guard Michael Frazier

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...rms-guard-michael-frazier-20150816-story.html

The Lakers have agreed to terms with undrafted free agent guard Michael Frazier.

According to a team spokesman, the former Florida standout is expected to sign with the team over the next few days with a small guarantee.

On Sunday, Frazier's agent, Matt Ramker of ASM Sports, tweeted, "Congrats to Michael Frazier II @mfrazier20 on agreeing to terms with the LA Lakers. Great things on the horizon. #GatorNation #LakersNation."

The 6-foot-5 guard averaged 12.1 points and 1.4 assists a game with Florida, shooting 48.2% from the field and 38% from three-point range.

"Lakers are getting one of the best rookie shooters and a tremendous worker," Ramker tweeted. "Don't need an apartment, Michael Frazier sleeps in the gym."

A person privy to the details of the agreement, but not authorized to comment publicly, said Frazier will sign a two-year, minimum-salary deal of $1.4 million ($525,093 and $874,636, respectively).

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I'm disappointed we traded away that pick, LA is gonna have another lottery season this year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You new top pick PG is out because he is butt hurt! HAHAHAHA

Attachments

• butthurt.jpg
    butthurt.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant is horrible at basketball... and I love it!

He is playing really bad and that with the refs still giving him some laughable fouls on his fadeaway jumpers. If he wasn't getting those calls his stats would be much worse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is going to be one of the ugliest ends for any superstar's career I can remember.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to the upcoming Lakers game in Phoenix. Will be great to be a part of Kobe's farewell tour, unless he retires before Nov. 16th. Hopefully, they will roll into town still winless, and roll out of town winless. Just have never been a fan of the guy.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that was a pretty perfect move. I like Hibbert a lot (rim protection) and he plays very good D. 15-18 m on a 1 year contract and I believe we get his bird rights if he's back in form. Well done lakeshow. You just improved.

Plus he's been working with KAJ.

I much prefer a defensive center who isn't a focal point and happy to score garbage points and set solid screens.

At this point I expect some depth signings and we roll with the young kids.

Starters...

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

Interesting lineup. Not sure they win more than than 30 games but should be a lot of fun to watch. Kobe at SF would be good for his old man game. Upshaw comes along and he'd be a nice sub for Hibbert.

having fun yet?:D