OT: Kam Chancellor's Holdout

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Appears that Kam Chancellor has been trying to get more guaranteed money from the Seahawks:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13473403/kam-chancellor-not-report-seattle-seahawks-deal

It does not appear that Kam has any leverage with the team so I am not sure why they would actually re-negotiate his deal. Additionally, I think he is pretty replaceable in their defense and in what they are trying to do. Because I dislike the Seahawks, I hope they re-negotiate and tie up more of their cap into Kam Chancellor so they have to either re-sign or cut some of their other studs in the defense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we can make him our new ILB
they cant renew all contracts for their top players

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Appears that Kam Chancellor has been trying to get more guaranteed money from the Seahawks:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13473403/kam-chancellor-not-report-seattle-seahawks-deal

It does not appear that Kam has any leverage with the team so I am not sure why they would actually re-negotiate his deal. Additionally, I think he is pretty replaceable in their defense and in what they are trying to do. Because I dislike the Seahawks, I hope they re-negotiate and tie up more of their cap into Kam Chancellor so they have to either re-sign or cut some of their other studs in the defense.

I think that Kam thinks that because Earl Thomas is not going to be available he can squeeze out something extra.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Superbowl effect! We were there twice, we are all obviously really good and all deserve to be paid like it. Salary Cap? Don't try to tell me about no salary cap, just make it happen!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

He never needed to learn how to get leverage because all they do is play zone coverage.

RINGLESS

Veteran
Reaction score
Kam has zero leverage with three years on his deal. If I was the GM I would say go ahead and sit. Guarantee he wont be gone when he starts missing game checks.

Supposedly he doesn't want more money added on. Just more moved into this year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am fine with him holding out. the Hags defense runs through Kam...they will be much easier to beat without him on the field.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Today:

"No," was what Carroll offered when asked if there was anything new to relay on the status of strong safety Kam Chancellor, who has yet to report to team headquarters.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm over here like " I don't give a ..........." Hope he holds out as long as possible..

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess the seahawks are gonna give him some upfront cash and an extra year. If they do it for one they need to do that for the whole team. ;)

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.inquisitr.com/2395389/seattle-seahawks-trade-rumors-team-acquires-new-safety-receives-offer-for-kam-chancellor/

Looks like Seattle plans on not having kam back for week 1

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They should have a new offer to him by morning.

Btw, what kind of an idiot is Pete Carroll?

I really don't think so. It would be hell for them, and every other team in the league, to set that kind of precedent.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I really don't think so. It would be hell for them, and every other team in the league, to set that kind of precedent.

I hope they don't, because they really need him. Since I hate the Seahawks, I hope they don't do the smart thing. Their defense is hurting without him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think someone should start a GoFundMe for Kam, to help support him while he's holding out. :D

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the Seattle defense couldn't get it together on some plays (because that was Kam's leadership), I have a feeling that something will be worked out this week between the 2 parties. Their D needs him as much as he needs a $500k per week check

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
34 points allowed against a team not known for its offense with pretty porous receivers and a QB adjusting to an entirely new offense. The outcome of the game just earned Kam an extra $1-2 million guaranteed on his eventual new deal, and will only grow after its defense gets decimated again next week against A-Rodg.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
34 points allowed against a team not known for its offense with pretty porous receivers and a QB adjusting to an entirely new offense. The outcome of the game just earned Kam an extra $1-2 million guaranteed on his eventual new deal, and will only grow after its defense gets decimated again next week against A-Rodg.

Yep. Kam is just hoping for the Seahawks D to get crushed Sunday night. But, I think he will be back on the team this week

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kam isn't in the final year of his deal. He still has what, 3 years left or so? Sure, in the short term Seattle needs him on the field, but it's going to create a huge problem for them down the road if they give into him. There isn't a GM in the league who wants to deal with players demanding new contracts when they still have three years left on their current ones.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kam isn't in the final year of his deal. He still has what, 3 years left or so? Sure, in the short term Seattle needs him on the field, but it's going to create a huge problem for them down the road if they give into him. There isn't a GM in the league who wants to deal with players demanding new contracts when they still have three years left on their current ones.

Unless they are losing because of that player isn't out there on the field, IMO

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unless they are losing because of that player isn't out there on the field, IMO

Yeah but if you give in to that, what is to keep every player you count on from holding out every single year?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA