Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (aka M:I 5)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They have been all good. It's amazing to see a franchise having all great movies. It seems like all agent movies do well, MI, James Bond, and so on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have been all good. It's amazing to see a franchise having all great movies. It seems like all agent movies do well, MI, James Bond, and so on.

I thought 2 was awful. 4 was easily the best IMO which is rare for any franchise

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved MI4, but that trailer was pretty meh

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it looked pretty good! Can't wait.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's the ComiCon featurette on the plane stunt.

I know he's tied on, but geez..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guys got brass bowling balls for huevos, in my opinion. Sweet, weepin, gee-a-zuz!!

:jawdrop:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise is insane... in a good way as far as movies are concerned. Say what you will about his religion, his politics, whatever, but the man lays it all on the line in every movie he makes and he can make even the lamest material watchable simply because he's in it. And you give him something good and he's likely going to make it GREAT. MI4 was as good of an action movie as I've seen in the last 5 years. Can't wait to see the next one on the biggest screen possible.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise is insane... in a good way as far as movies are concerned. Say what you will about his religion, his politics, whatever, but the man lays it all on the line in every movie he makes and he can make even the lamest material watchable simply because he's in it. And you give him something good and he's likely going to make it GREAT. MI4 was as good of an action movie as I've seen in the last 5 years. Can't wait to see the next one on the biggest screen possible.

Could not agree more. Even "Knight and Day" was fun....... simply because Cruise was in it.

My sister and I get into this all the time.... she refuses to watch Cruise movies because he's a kook in real life. Yep, I tell her... he sure is. AND he makes great movies too.

I could care less about his personal life.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could not agree more. Even "Knight and Day" was fun....... simply because Cruise was in it.

My sister and I get into this all the time.... she refuses to watch Cruise movies because he's a kook in real life. Yep, I tell her... he sure is. AND he makes great movies too.

I could care less about his personal life.

Ha! I'm with ya. Can't really think of a bad movie he has done. I'm sure there is with as many as he has done, but he is an amazing actor and I can't wait to see this one!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have liked all of the MI films, even though I feel Tom is a whack-job IRL.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise might be a bit of a whack job but you got to respect the hell out of his commitment to his craft. There are a ton of stories about him getting into character and doing as much of his stunt stuff as they will let him get away with. The fact that he is hanging off a freaking plane by a chord is freaking nuts. Let alone doing it 8 times which is completely insane.

Honestly, as long as he doesn't murder someone, I couldn't give two craps about his personal life. I have met several actors and my brother worked in the industry for many years. He has told me horror stories about actors. If I held all their personal lives against them....I probably couldn't watch movies anymore. LOL.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise might be a bit of a whack job but you got to respect the hell out of his commitment to his craft. There are a ton of stories about him getting into character and doing as much of his stunt stuff as they will let him get away with. The fact that he is hanging off a freaking plane by a chord is freaking nuts. Let alone doing it 8 times which is completely insane.

Honestly, as long as he doesn't murder someone, I couldn't give two craps about his personal life. I have met several actors and my brother worked in the industry for many years. He has told me horror stories about actors. If I held all their personal lives against them....I probably couldn't watch movies anymore. LOL.

LOL. No doubt. Speaking of his personal life, not sure how true this is but I read somewhere that he was approached about Scientology to be the spokes person for it and he was paid a lot of money to be the face of the religion. He then bought all the way in and he is obviously a firm believer in it. Did anyone else see/hear this info about him?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
LOL. No doubt. Speaking of his personal life, not sure how true this is but I read somewhere that he was approached about Scientology to be the spokes person for it and he was paid a lot of money to be the face of the religion. He then bought all the way in and he is obviously a firm believer in it. Did anyone else see/hear this info about him?

Probably some truth to it, but so what?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is hilarious. Again, whatever the guy's politics and religion may be, I love Tom Cruise. He always gives 150% in every movie he's in, and from all reports within the industry, the guy is dynamite to everyone he works with and treats everyone from PA to EP with the same level of respect. That's not just rare, it's practically unheard of.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I totally agree. I saw this featurette today and I'm just like wow, this dude is a total badass!

I dont care if you are strapped in with a thousand ropes, anyone that will go up on the outside of a plane 8 times for my viewing pleasure is awesome in my book!

I never understand people letting their feelings about peoples personal lives not allowing them to enjoy their work. My brother hates Tom Hanks politics so now he's never seeing a Tom Hanks movie again, I just think its ridiculous. I dont agree with Clint Eastwoods opinions, but the man just keeps making great movies and I totally enjoy them.

I definitely respect Tom Cruise as an actor, he's awesome. Love his movies. Could care less if he's crazy or whatever.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I totally agree. I don't give a crap about him personally but I think he is one of the best actors of my generation.

Still can't believe how great he was as Lestat