Cardinals DL ranked last in the NFC West

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

According to the NFL SiriusXM folks. I was listening late morning yesterday, when this topic was being discussed. Now don't get me wrong. As a long term Cardinal fan, I completely expect that. I even love when we fly in under the radar. They spent about 20 seconds total on the Cardinals. They said they liked Calais, but everyone else was pretty much blah. Both guys were quick to agree to put the Cardinals last. San Fran was 3rd & they flip flopped the Rams & Seahawks respectively for 1 & 2. The only thing that was remotely positive was that they agreed that all 4 teams were in the top 15 total D last year.

My take is that the Seahawks have earned their spot. But, the Niners have lost a ton & the Rams just always seem to under perform. I think the Cardinals DL will be better than people think, but then again, I'm a homer

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think SF loss of Smith puts them last. SEA and STL can flip flop 1-2 and AZ and SF can flip flop 3-4.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree to a point. Not sure about SF but our line is nothing spectacular, other than CC. Many people on this board keep trying to talk up our line as having great depth and no worries. I was very worried about losing Dan Williams without any replacement. Other than CC, all the rest of our guys are unknowns at this point.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Lots of unknowns on our D Line this year with the loss of both Bowles and then Dan Williams. It will take time to know if the replacements for both will pay off big.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot will depend on our skilled players on offense staying healthy. Our DL played extremely well until Palmer/Stanton/Ellington went down for good & our offense was going 3 & out 90% of the time. I thin Keim has done a pretty good job of adding depth to avoid the DL from wearing down this year.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Our entire D is an unknown right now. I have no problem with being ranked last.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Our entire D is an unknown right now. I have no problem with being ranked last.

Yep starting with the coaching. If our DC makes use of the talent at hand I think the defense will do at least well as last year...especially if Washington plays a significant portion of the season.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe the D line will be as good as the O line allows it to be. If the O line can run block and protect CP sustained drives will keep them fresher and off the field more.

I don't think it is a bad D line, it is just a bunch of lunch pail guys. That's not a bad thing.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Hard to say with our DL. CC will be good, of course, and Frostee should be solid but it's hard to predict what we'll get at NT and how our young DEs will do.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Being last in our division just means you are good and not great haha... I think the Rams have the best DL hands down and the only reason one might think different is due the success of the team overall, I will even say the Rams have the best DL in the NFL

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is BS...The Cardinals Disabled List was easily #1 in the NFC West last year.

:D

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being last in our division just means you are good and not great haha... I think the Rams have the best DL hands down and the only reason one might think different is due the success of the team overall, I will even say the Rams have the best DL in the NFL

Hard to argue against any of your points.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If there is any unit in our division I would trade our unit for theirs, it would easily be the Rams DL for ours. What a great bunch of talent and they play tough too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave