Dragic will not sign extension with Suns

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Goran Dragic's agent informed the Suns tonight that Dragic will not sign an extension in Phoenix this summer, league sources tell Yahoo.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
Bill Duffy, agent for Dragic, offered a list of teams that they would prefer to be traded, including the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unbelievable. We took a player who was an All NBA Third team and pissed him off within months.

I really hope signing Isaiah Thomas was worth it.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 22s23 seconds ago
The Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks are among preferred destinations for Goran Dragic, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd rather let him walk for nothing than trade him to LAL, NYK or Miami. They have absolutely nothing that I'd want.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
:(.....Isiah Thomas better be moved in a deal that brings us a championship because losing Dragic sucks

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unbelievable. We took a player who was an All NBA Third team and pissed him off within months.

I really hope signing Isaiah Thomas was worth it.

And the Bledsoe contact oh and drafting another point guard in round 1. The dumbest damn off season I can remember.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd take a first round pick from ANY of them.

Knowing the suns it's going to be a protected pick we won't see for 5 years. Knicks and Lakers both are horrible there not going to give up an unprotected 1 this year

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns can still get value for Dragic, even w/ this leaked info. I don't buy that his "trade value" is lowered from this info ...

Sure, now the Suns have to trade him, but it'll still be a competition between teams to make the best offer to the Suns. The Suns also aren't forced to send him to a team on his "preferred list" - A team would still value Dragic just an expiring, + to potentially sign him after this year ... If the info wasn't leaked, a team would be some-what reluctant to trade for him knowing he could walk after this year ... W/ the leak, "repeat previous sentence".

The Suns are still in a position to listen to the best offers and trade him to any team they want (could possibly even get more now - after the leak - from a team on Dragic's "list" because there's a greater chance he'll re-sign there ...)

Some people will blame/fault the Suns for getting so many guards and driving Dragic out. I'll take the positive approach and credit the Suns for acquiring so many guards w/ the knowledge/possibility that Dragic wouldn't resign !!! ... I'm happy Goodwin/Ennis now have a chance now, probably starting next season, to really break through

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns can still get value for Dragic, even w/ this leaked info. I don't buy that his "trade value" is lowered from this info ...

Sure, now the Suns have to trade him, but it'll still be a competition between teams to make the best offer to the Suns. The Suns also aren't forced to send him to a team on his "preferred list" - A team would still value Dragic just an expiring, + to potentially sign him after this year ... If the info wasn't leaked, a team would be some-what reluctant to trade for him knowing he could walk after this year ... W/ the leak, "repeat previous sentence".

The Suns are still in a position to listen to the best offers and trade him to any team they want (could possibly even get more now - after the leak - from a team on Dragic's "list" because there's a greater chance he'll re-sign there ...)

Some people will blame/fault the Suns for getting so many guards and driving Dragic out. I'll take the positive approach and credit the Suns for acquiring so many guards w/ the knowledge/possibility that Dragic wouldn't resign !!! ... I'm happy Goodwin/Ennis now have a chance now, probably starting next season, to really break through

Dude even the GM has said on record the roster is really unbalanced and pretty much admitted he messed up.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Back during the Colangelo days, the team found ways to make just about every player happy. Now, they've managed to piss off people to the point that they want out and no free agents want to come to Phoenix.

Awesome job, Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here is one of the reasons a team would be willing to trade for Dragic. They can fend off competitors by paying him more money.

Marc SteinVerified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine

If Dragic gets dealt this week, new team inherits Bird rights and will be able to offer five-year deal in July. If no trade materializes ...
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/567893735763243008

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back during the Colangelo days, the team found ways to make just about every player happy. Now, they've managed to piss off people to the point that they want out and no free agents want to come to Phoenix.

Awesome job, Suns.

it's hard to argue with this.

Gonna be hard to sell this team as a FA destination after this. I'm sure others will say no, but that's gonna be a hard argument to make when a generally well liked guy, coming off an ALL-NBA season tells his team to shove it up their ass one year later.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want the protection off that Lakers pick and Julius Randle. I swear if Phoenix brings back "swaggy P" in a deal I will protest outside the arena

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
To a comment a few lines above, yeah - for this season, the roster balance was off. But w/o Dragic ... Meaning with that in mind, I'm happy they have additional guards to take over his spot. Like I said, I'll take the optimistic approach (Dragic leaving >>> Good that Suns have guards to fill in) over the pessimistic thinking that having so many guards led to Dragic wanting to leave. Unless Dragic comes out and says something like "I left because the Suns got too many guards" (which would validate the pessimistic approach) or says "I wanted to be in a big market (essentially get out of PHX, whether they had guards or not), etc." ... Neither thinking is "correct"

The Sam Amick guy just tweeted that 7 teams were on Dragic's list ... The more the better - It's highly likely if he is traded to one of these teams, he'll re-sign there ... So now they'll be somewhat of a bidding war between these 7 teams I would think. I think w/ this leaked info, the Suns will be able to get MORE for Dragic. I'm excited to see what the Suns get - Hopefully a really good SF/PF type player or a really high pick :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want the protection off that Lakers pick and Julius Randle. I swear if Phoenix brings back "swaggy P" in a deal I will protest outside the arena

keep dreaming. best case scenario is probably Randle... at best. no way we get TWO lotto picks for a guy they can sign outright in three months.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, if Dragic is traded now, that team inherits his Bird Rights which is a tremendous advantage to keep him when he opts out of his contract. Plus that team would want him to commit to re-signing.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
keep dreaming. best case scenario is probably Randle... at best. no way we get TWO lotto picks for a guy they can sign outright in three months.

..... or maybe not!!! There will be a lot of teams that would want to sign him as well. He will only pick one team! Whoever trades for him now, could be in the drivers seat because they would be able to offer him the most years and the most money. There is a big incentive to trade for him now!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Not a surprise. When you make the All-NBA guard play third fiddle to the likes of Bledsoe and IT, this is bound to happen. It sucks that the guy so loyal to the organization got driven out.

If someone told me I was going to stop watching the Suns at any point, I would have laughed at them, but alas, outside of Len, I have no interest in this team.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Part of McD's learning curve I guess. If he was thinking 3=4 steps ahead, he should have seen this coming. Let's see if he can salvage some value for us.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
it's hard to argue with this.

Gonna be hard to sell this team as a FA destination after this. I'm sure others will say no, but that's gonna be a hard argument to make when a generally well liked guy, coming off an ALL-NBA season tells his team to shove it up their ass one year later.

Awesome job, Suns.

Wow this place just became very dramatic in 5 minutes. :lol:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose