Bill Cosby: Convicted Rapist

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Cosby's Late Show Appearance Canceled Because Of The Rape Allegations

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Canceled-Because-Rape-Allegations-68416.html

It has not been a good week for America’s Dad, Bill Cosby. The iconic comedian's upcoming appearance The Late Show with David Letterman slated for Tuesday November 19th has been canceled. He has been replaced by former talk show host Regis Philbin, a standby for Letterman many times before when a guest bows out of a Letterman spot.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, it is unclear as to whether Cosby or Letterman’s people canceled the appearance but a rep for The Late Show declined to comment. Cosby also recently bowed out of a scheduled appearance on The Queen Latifah Show, so it's evident these accusations are causing enough of a stir to impact the comedian's work. This all stems amidst the rape allegations that surfaced after stand-up comic Hannibal Buress brought them to the forefront in a recent performance.

Since Buress' set, the allegations of Cosby's alleged sexual misconduct have been brought back into the forefront. It is no secret that in 2006, the comedian settled out of court with a woman he allegedly sexually assaulted. However, according to official court documents, attorneys have plans to bring forward 13 other women with similar complaints. Adding fuel to the fire was an op-ed piece in the Washington Post by an alleged former victim of the comedian. In addition to the Buress set that brought the allegations back into the spotlight, apparently a new Cosby biography went out of their way to omit the rape allegations in the new tome.

To compound the explosive issue that one of America’s most beloved entertainers could be a multiple sex offender, Cosby’s social media team had a huge backfire earlier this week. The team had tasked users that follow Cosby on Twitter to create memes about the comic. Seems innocent enough except users used the platform to create memes about The Cos’ drugging and sexually assaulting multiple women. The tweet and the meme generator has been deleted as of Monday night.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Cosby Twitter campaign completely backfires after rape accusations

http://rt.com/usa/205367-bill-cosby-rape-meme-twitter/

Here’s a lesson that will forever be remembered now: If someone has had multiple rape accusations leveled against them over the course of a decade, perhaps they should think twice before asking the internet to form a meme around their personality.

Actor Bill Cosby learned that lesson the hard way this week, when he posted a picture of himself on Twitter and asked users to “meme” him.

Of course, the entire thing backfired spectacularly.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of ironic that this has been a known fact for a very long time but it was only recently brought into the semi public attention by a comedian.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sort of ironic that this has been a known fact for a very long time but it was only recently brought into the semi public attention by a comedian.

Well, Bill Cosby is certainly more prevalent right now, he's even got a new show coming out. So it makes twisted sense--if he was still out of the limelight, we'd probably never hear about this.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Bill Cosby is certainly more prevalent right now, he's even got a new show coming out. So it makes twisted sense--if he was still out of the limelight, we'd probably never hear about this.

I think he's offended some of the hardcore elements with his "pull yourself up and stop blaming others" comments and the backlash has brought his history into the spotlight. In the back of my mind I was aware of an allegation or two but until that comedian mentioned it I had no idea there were so many complaints. I don't know that he's guilty but there's so much smoke it's hard to believe he's innocent.

Steve

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Came over here from my usual place - AZ Cards forum - to see if there was a thread about this.

It's about time this crap came out - it's a long story, but someone I knew in "the business" as they say (back when I lived in L.A. in the early '90s) had this happen to her when meeting her idol - Mr. Bill Cosby.

She had a chance to do some sort of a project with him; a former director of hers (who shall remain nameless for now) had set up a meeting for her at Cosby's place in Philly...when she got there, of course his wife was out-of-town, and it was obvious that the whole thing was a setup for sex. She was DEVASTATED. But apparently, he has had this rep for decades, and she was kicking herself for not seeing this coming.

What made it worse, was her former director apparently had this whole game going where he would vet actresses and screen them to see if they might be Bill's type, and he would send him his way.

The guy's a scumbag.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could leave a mark on Mr. Cosby's legacy.

I was always a little turned off by his high horse morality lessons for up-and-coming comics. Perhaps I just wasn't buying his sincerity. Sad, really.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't put anything past people with that much power.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How do you feel about the other 10 accusers/victims stories?

Woah there pump the breaks dont try to paint me as the bad guy here. I never defended Cosby or said anything about the others, I simply read THAT womans story and it's just my opinion that it is difficult to believe that she would continue to put herself in that position again and again while claiming he is such a monster, and never call the police at the time. It's just nonsensical to me. You have the power if someone is hurting you, get away from them. Fight or flight. Basic instincts. To me RAPE is a woman who is truly victimized by someone who forces them self on her. Not someone who knows that sex is kinda part of the deal at this point and admits that she kept going back because he was going to make her famous. I mean at what point is there any kind of accountability on her part to do the smart thing and get away, get help, call the police? To me, she sounds like a girl who reluctantly had sex with a huge celebrity in the hopes that it would advance her career, and when it didn't and she realized it was all for nothing, she was ashamed or angry or whatever and decided to call it RAPE.

I'm not trying to argue, lets discuss.

I have great respect and admiration for both Linda and Wendy, who both disagree, so maybe I need to read it again.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woah there pump the breaks dont try to paint me as the bad guy here. I never defended Cosby or said anything about the others, I simply read THAT womans story and it's just my opinion that it is difficult to believe that she would continue to put herself in that position again and again while claiming he is such a monster, and never call the police at the time. It's just nonsensical to me. You have the power if someone is hurting you, get away from them. Fight or flight. Basic instincts. To me RAPE is a woman who is truly victimized by someone who forces them self on her. Not someone who knows that sex is kinda part of the deal at this point and admits that she kept going back because he was going to make her famous. I mean at what point is there any kind of accountability on her part to do the smart thing and get away, get help, call the police? To me, she sounds like a girl who reluctantly had sex with a huge celebrity in the hopes that it would advance her career, and when it didn't and she realized it was all for nothing, she was ashamed or angry or whatever and decided to call it RAPE.

I'm not trying to argue, lets discuss.

I have great respect and admiration for both Linda and Wendy, who both disagree, so maybe I need to read it again.

It was just a question, not an accusation. Women in most, if not all, societies are forced into a very weak position. Fear causes reactions that are known only to the victims and experts who have research on their side. Lock up/freeze and retreat is a very common reaction in fearful situations. Time and space create a safety barrier that allows a victim to deal with the reality openly. When a dozen accusers come forward eventually the safety in numbers factors in. Some construe this to indicate piling on and extortion. Go figure.

Linda and Wendy have a differing viewpoint than some of the male audience. Those are opinions that carry valued weight as females in this society.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c18bfdafcc12410f8f75c0a3d7269532/nbc-scraps-cosby-television-project?utm_source=Mic+Check&utm_campaign=f9565c9a62-Mic_Report_11_20_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_51f2320b33-f9565c9a62-285183861&mc_cid=f9565c9a62&mc_eid=79c556f7f7

Cosby has never been charged in connection with any of the allegations. Former Pennsylvania prosecutor Bruce L. Castor Jr., who investigated a woman's claims that Cosby had sexually assaulted her in 2004, said Wednesday he decided not to prosecute because he felt there was not enough evidence to get a conviction.

"I wrote my opinion in such a way as I thought conveyed to the whole world that I thought he had done it, he had just gotten away with it because of a lack of evidence," the former Montgomery County district attorney said.

If Cosby hadn't been cooperative with the investigation, "I probably would have arrested him," Castor said.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose