Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the hits just keep on coming

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
John Abraham contemplating retirement, has left team. team gets roster exemption, re-signs marcus benard. #azcardinals

Abraham will be placed on a reserve list today. If not back in 5 days, can't play this season.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He has played this game at a high level for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

I hope he is OK in the end. Football wise he has earned the respect to make decisions for his health.

He has his legacy, his money, and his respect. He has earned the right to walk away when he deems fits.

I have gotten a concussion in a very similar ways he did, they suck. The impact never looks as bad as it actually is because your neck is full extended so there is little to no give, and it hurts....bad.

Again, I hope he is OK.

As for the Cardinals ? Next man up. They need to find a future OLBer anyway. Yet, there is no doubt, our only non-blitz pass rushing threat just left the building.

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And the hits just keep on coming

This is getting seriously crazy. We might have two projected starters retire before Week 2 due to long-term injuries. I know teams are expected to handle adversity, but how many personnel losses can one team take in a two-month span?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks - but if he has memory loss, get out while you can.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't blame him - ****ty beginning of the season for Abraham - sometimes the gods are telling you it's time to hang your cleats.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who play now at his spot, please no acho, cause he doesnt seem a football player anymore

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
his concussion was bad. really bad. he is not coming back. was told this by a mutual friend. sucks, but he should definitely retire if he is having memory loss. so close to moving up the all time sack list too.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
There comes a time for everyone when (enough is enough). I feel sure that John has reached that time, and then some. God bless him, and help him to conquer his fears and temptations. I thank him, not only for the times in which he excelled when young and healthy, but especially for those recent times when age and affliction gnawed at his soul as he tried to maintain that same excellence. He has my respect, my heartfelt thanks, and my prayers for his well being and happiness.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting seriously crazy. We might have two projected starters retire before Week 2 due to long-term injuries. I know teams are expected to handle adversity, but how many personnel losses can one team take in a two-month span?
who is the other one that could retire?