Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who got the better deal on this one?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. That's a tough one. Me, being bias towards Dudley bc of his suns ties, I think bucks too. Great role player. Clippers getting a 3 for 1 deal isn't bad either (depending on salary)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. That's a tough one. Me, being bias towards Dudley bc of his suns ties, I think bucks too. Great role player. Clippers getting a 3 for 1 deal isn't bad either (depending on salary)

I really soured on him during his last year with us so I'm probably biased the other way. It seems like a stiff price to get rid of him but I'm sure they're tired of hearing about how they gave away Bledsoe for a doughboy that can't shoot. There was more to the trade but he's been a huge disappointment for them.

I don't know if it was from food, alcohol or a simple lack of conditioning but he carried too much weight after his initial season with us. He wasn't quite the fat version of Boris Diaw but he was hedging in that direction and he had nowhere near the talent that Boris did so he couldn't make up for it in other ways. Maybe it only cost him a quarter step but when you're already a quarter step slower than everyone else, it's a real problem. It also took away what little explosiveness he had and made him a much easier cover at the arc. He was a smart player and his hustle endeared him to us fans but with the hustle gone, he's just a D Leaguer.

Steve

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
One of the smartest basketball IQ players I have ever seen. Conditioning may have been an issue in LA. Nagging injuries seem top have been his undoing.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dudley was a bust with the Clippers, but it wasn't clear to me why. He wasn't able to settle into a comfortable role.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dudley was a fan favorite here but a bit overrated IMO. A nice player to have on your team but he was overpaid and more was expected of him than he was able to deliver. To have him your starting shooting guard like he was here was a joke.

We will see how he does in a new setting, but I am betting it will be pretty similar to last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose