Suns @ Mavericks 4-12-14, 5:30 PM

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic will test his ankle in pregame warmups to see if he can go. The Suns need to win tonight to have their best shot at making the playoffs. I consider it a must win. It also does not help the Suns cause that Dallas is rested and the Suns expended a lot of energy in their loss to the Spurs.

See more from the Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 4-12-14 at link below.

Suns (47-32) at Mavericks (48-32) … 5:30 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Miles Plumlee … Samuel Dalembert

PF: Channing Frye … Dirk Nowitzki

SF: P.J. Tucker … Shawn Marion

SG: Gerald Green or Goran Dragic … Monta Ellis

PG: Eric Bledsoe … Jose Calderon

Key Mavericks injuries: None.

Key Mavericks reserves: Vince Carter, Brandan Wright, Devin Harris, Jae Crowder, DeJuan Blair.

The Mavericks are just a win against the Suns or Grizzlies away from clinching a playoff spot but a Suns win tonight at Dallas would give them the head-to-head tiebreaker with a 2-1 series win. If the Suns win tonight at Dallas and Monday at home against Memphis, they will be in the playoffs.

To bounce back from Friday's collapse at San Antonio, the Suns might need a rested and healed Goran Dragic to play tonight. There were many encouraging signs about the improvement in Dragic's ankle with the swelling reduced and the mobility increased. Ultimately, he will test it during pregame warmups tonight but it would have to be debilitating at the point to keep Dragic off the floor in a must-win game for the Suns.

If the Suns lose tonight, they would have to win their remaining games against Memphis and Sacramento and hope the Grizzlies also lost to either the Los Angeles Lakers or Dallas.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...mavericks-game-preview-orange-slices/7636979/

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Time to step up or step off. Suns control their own fate at this point, so let's see what they can put together in the latest version of 'the most important game of the year'.

We don't have anyone that can really guard Dirk, and I really hope they don't put Tucker on him. He's the best defender, but he just doesn't have the length to bother Dirk at all.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to step up or step off. Suns control their own fate at this point, so let's see what they can put together in the latest version of 'the most important game of the year'.

We don't have anyone that can really guard Dirk, and I really hope they don't put Tucker on him. He's the best defender, but he just doesn't have the length to bother Dirk at all.

I am not sure length particularly bother Dirk...getting a little physical may help.

I think Frye will get that duty

Anyone know if Dragic is playing?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This slow pace may actually help the Suns early coming off a back to back if they can kick it in gear later in the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Channing Frye, please keep it up, we have missed you.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns cannot guard Dalembert.

They may need to play Ish with Bledsoe when Dragic is out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len may get some minutes tonight whether he is ready or not. Too many easy baskets inside.

Or Maybe Randolph.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Layup drill for Dallas. The Suns need to have a player in there who guards the paint.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although the Suns trail, the Mavericks look beatable at the moment, especially if the Suns can stop the layups.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting plumlee less than 4mins into the game seem to help him focus a little more.Playing better now

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, Dallas should be pushing the ball instead of being content in a halfcourt game. The Suns may be getting a chance to rest. This would normally not favor the Suns but it may allow them to get their legs back.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, Dallas should be pushing the ball instead of being content in a halfcourt game. The Suns may be getting a chance to rest. This would normally not favor the Suns but it may allow them to get their legs back.

I think if they do, they lose. it is not their game

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know that there is another guard in the league who plays help defense like Bledsoe does. He alters shots and forces hesitation on passes the way much taller and longer players do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting plumlee less than 4mins into the game seem to help him focus a little more.Playing better now

IMO, sitting Plumlee early was a coaching mistake which allowed a number of layups by the Mavericks.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, sitting Plumlee early was a coaching mistake which allowed a number of layups by the Mavericks.
Hmm.he was there when they started the layup drills and he was an heavy anchor with terrible hands on offense

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if they do, they lose. it is not their game

What I am saying, the Suns may get their legs to run in the second half because of the walk-up game by Dallas in the first half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose