FSU QB Jameis Winston accused of sexual assault

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This story will not and should not go away.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/statement-police-warned-accuser-about-pursuing-jameis-winston-matter/2153364

Statement: Police warned accuser about pursuing Jameis Winston matter

A Tallahassee detective told an accuser's attorney that Tallahassee is a "big football town" and her client's life could "be made miserable" if she pursued a sexual assault case against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, according to an exclusive statement released by the family to the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday.

The statement — released through the family's attorney, Patricia Carroll — is the first public comments from the complainant and her family since allegations surfaced last week that Winston was involved in the investigation of a sexual assault reported in December. ...

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Winston DNA matches

Knew he was too good to be true.

Goodnight sweet prince !

On a side note I doubt he gets convicted. But if he's charged he's automatically suspended by FSU ruining heisman and national championship. Damn shame.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Goodnight sweet prince !

On a side note I doubt he gets convicted. But if he's charged he's automatically suspended by FSU ruining heisman and national championship. Damn shame.

So it proves he had sex with her. What else does it prove?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This whole thing just seems real shady to me. Happened a long time ago, no charges pressed case dropped and now this kid is blowing up and now the case has been brought up and reopened.

This just in...women can be shady.

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
This whole thing just seems real shady to me. Happened a long time ago, no charges pressed case dropped and now this kid is blowing up and now the case has been brought up and reopened.

When things like this happen, more often than not girls being shady *****. When cops are hiding things and telling the girl her life is about to change, it don't look good.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When things like this happen, more often than not girls being shady *****. When cops are hiding things and telling the girl her life is about to change, it don't look good.

Where's the proof of that? Just because she said?

Winston wasn't a big time famous athlete when this happened. Don't tell me there trying to protect the program this wouldn't be the first scandal st FSU.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you are in the lime light you have to be careful with what you do and the decisions you make.

Some of the players end up being targets and some believe they are above the law.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Goodnight sweet prince !

It's not a "shame" to discover a rapist.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What is a shame is the constant guesswork by sports board super heroes.

I practice my guesswork for an hour every day.

In fact I was thinking about hiring a guesswork coach to improve my ASFN experience.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When things like this happen, more often than not girls being shady *****.

That's one helluva conclusion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about people who think not getting caught in a lie is the same as telling the truth. Well when you get busted for lying it all unravels.

Winston said he wasn't there. Busted.

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Where's the proof of that? Just because she said?

Winston wasn't a big time famous athlete when this happened. Don't tell me there trying to protect the program this wouldn't be the first scandal st FSU.

Winston is a top baseball prospect.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And local police, pressuring a woman to not press charges against a star football player probably happens hundreds of times a year, from HS on up.

This doesn't prove it was rape, but it does already show that Winston is a liar, so at this point, I would tend to believe the woman on the details.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florida State’s Winston Is Not Charged

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/06/s...on-draws-to-a-close.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

On Thursday, William N. Meggs, state attorney for Florida’s Second Judicial Circuit, announced that Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, 19, will not face charges of sexual battery. Meggs, who took over the investigation last month, was critical of the Tallahassee Police Department’s investigation of the reported assault but said he concluded that there was not enough evidence to obtain a conviction.

“There is a burden of proof and we don’t feel like we could meet that burden,” said Meggs, who added that the evidence was “carefully examined.”

Winston has been the most dominant player in college football this season, and his Florida State team is undefeated and a contender for the national championship. But ever since a sexual assault allegation by a former Florida State student became public last month, his on-field exploits have been weighed against how law enforcement in a rabid college football community handled the investigation as well as the role character plays in the awarding of one of sport’s most iconic awards: the Heisman Trophy.

Asked if football players are treated differently, Meggs responded, “We try to treat everybody the same, and I think we have a record of doing that.”

He continued: “We were not pressured by the football program or anyone else. We did not consult the football schedule. We worked as fast as we could in the time constraints that we had.”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose