Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (aka M:I 5)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
that's fair, but if you haven't seen the entire series, it doesn't make much sense to judge it as a whole and condemn it to it's death, does it?

BOOM

I loved the last one, personally, saw it on IMAX at Universal City.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BOOM

yeah, 4 on the IMAX was insane. Best use of the IMAX in an action movie I've ever seen, especially the entire Dubai sequence.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to watch MI 4 on a plane. Fell asleep. Woke up, tried again, fell asleep.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That made my day. BOOYAHH!!

I can't wait for that scene where Optimus Prime acts like Hulk Hugan where just when you think OP is going to lose, he comes back!!!

Will OP be in a choke hold, with a neutral transformer raising his hand three times to count him out, and will OP then not drop his arm on the last try, and instead pump it into the air like crazy? If so, I'm in :D

that's fair, but if you haven't seen the entire series, it doesn't make much sense to judge it as a whole and condemn it to it's death, does it?

Yeah, I've been fooled into reading more books and watching more movies in a series sooooo many times by people saying, 'oh, but the NEXT one is SO much better', only to smack my head against the wall for listening to them. No offense to you or Chap on this one, but I'd rather not waste my time on the chance I'll like it.

BOOM

See above. It likely wouldn't end well :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they still do the thing where a guy who is 5 inches taller than Tom Cruise can put on a mask and still fool everyone into thinking he is Tom Cruise by "smiling all the time?"

Correction: Dougray Scott is 5'11. Tom Cruise is 5'7". Ya, sure he is. :)

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed the movies but they are far from great. Michael Bay was the wrong choice IMO and I would love to see a reboot from someone who cares more about story.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I have enjoyed the movies but they are far from great. Michael Bay was the wrong choice IMO and I would love to see a reboot from someone who cares more about story.

Michael Bay? He hasn't been involved with any of them as far as I know.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Are you talking about Transformers or Mission: Impossible?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Bay? He hasn't been involved with any of them as far as I know.

Are you talking about Transformers or Mission: Impossible?

Weird half of my post is gone. Not sure what happened. Sorry I was referring to the comparison above on the Transformers movies. Love this series and Transformers was just average because of Michael Bay.

I think this series could continue on for some time where you could reboot Transformers and I wouldn't care.

Sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mission: Impossible 5 to Hit Theaters December 25, 2015

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111364

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have set Christopher McQuarrie's Mission: Impossible 5 for release on December 25, 2015. Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce is providing the screenplay this time around with Tom Cruise set to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt.

The December release has the new film opening opposite Kung Fu Panda 3 and just one week after Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Mission: Impossible 5 to Hit Theaters December 25, 2015

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111364

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have set Christopher McQuarrie's Mission: Impossible 5 for release on December 25, 2015. Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce is providing the screenplay this time around with Tom Cruise set to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt.

The December release has the new film opening opposite Kung Fu Panda 3 and just one week after Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII.

That date will almost certainly be changed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That date will almost certainly be changed.

It HAS to be, right? Whoever locked this date down for Paramount should be fired for gross stupidity at this point. Either they've been in a coma the last three weeks and haven't noticed the flurry of Star Wars news or they actually thought it would be a good idea to open under its crushing wave. Either way...If im that guy, i wouldn't buy that new house quite yet.

Question though about the Star Wars release date...isn't Avatar 2 or 3 supposed to come out that December as well? Kinda thinking Avatar will destroy whatever is in it's path.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question though about the Star Wars release date...isn't Avatar 2 or 3 supposed to come out that December as well? Kinda thinking Avatar will destroy whatever is in it's path.

Avatar 2 Release Date: December 2016

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avatar 2 Release Date: December 2016

Wow...it's pushed that far back? Star Wars release date makes more sense then.

7 years between Avatar 1 and 2, huh? I know it's INCREDIBLY stupid to doubt James Cameron at this point, but that is a really long time between movies and the first one really didn't age well story wise IMO. That being said, he's James Cameron and Avatar 2 will probably go on to make eleventy billion dollars.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow...it's pushed that far back? Star Wars release date makes more sense then.

7 years between Avatar 1 and 2, huh? I know it's INCREDIBLY stupid to doubt James Cameron at this point, but that is a really long time between movies and the first one really didn't age well story wise IMO. That being said, he's James Cameron and Avatar 2 will probably go on to make eleventy billion dollars.

That's par for the course for James Cameron, yes? He makes the biggest movie ever in 1997 and then beats it with his next major fictional movie 12 years later. Granted, he made a couple documentaries in that time, but they weren't commercial successes and weren't even theatrical releases.

I don't like the gap, but I certainly am not surprised by it, given his history.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christopher McQuarrie Verified account
‏@chrismcquarrie

Welcome back, Mr. Rhames.

cc: @TomCruise @simonpegg @Renner4Real

#MI5Diary

:thumbup:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait. One of my favorite ongoing franchises.