Has The Big Bang Theory Ruined Indiana Jones Forever?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has The Big Bang Theory Ruined Indiana Jones Forever?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Has-Big-Bang-Theory-Ruined-Indiana-Jones-Forever-39872.html

The Big Bang Theory episode that aired on October 10th was called "The Raiders of Minimization,' and centered Sheldon (Jim Parsons) showing Amy (Mayim Bialik) one of his all-time favorite movies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, only to have it spoiled by her analysis. According to Amy, the movie has a "glaring story problem."

She explained: “Indiana Jones plays no role in the outcome of the story. If he weren’t in the film, it would turn out exactly the same… If he weren’t in the movie, the Nazis would still have found the Ark, taken it to the island, opened it up, and all died, just like they did.”

:eek:

:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who says the Nazis would have found the Ark?

They were digging in the wrong place until Indy came along.

They covered that in the show too. I think the answer was if not for Indy, they would have had all the info to dig in the right place in the first place.

Been awhile since I saw that part of the movie but I think that's where Indy rigs up that thing so when the sun hits it right it shows where to dig?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who says the Nazis would have found the Ark?

They were digging in the wrong place until Indy came along.

They were only digging in the wrong place because Indy intervened at Marion's bar. He is the reason they only had half of the medallion and had the wrong info for the height of their staff which would reveal the Well of Souls. So - no Indy means Marion would have likely died that night and the Nazi's would have had the Ark sooner rather than later.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Didn't Indy bring the Ark back to the US at the end?
If he wasn't there the Nazis still might have figured out some way to utilize the thing.
And if nothing else without this movie we would never have seen the melting Nazi!
You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That episode was hilarious and so is the show. My favorite comedy. She didn't ruin Indiana Jones for me but the fact she did for the characters was hilarious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose