Kolb looked at times like he was trying to complete passes to the water cooler

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you are obsessed with this guy. Was the girl your daughter? I've never seen anyone spend so much time bashing one player. Well Phrazbit was close with Kolb. But nowhere near this bad. Do you have an alert on your computer to let you know there was a post mentioning Skelton so you can come on here and write negative things about him?

You got me. Story broke May 29th, I didn't mention it until 2 months later and it was brought to my attention by a Cleveland Browns fan on an email list I'm on because he knows I'm a Cards fan.

Back on ignore I guess.

and again the irony is staggering, you have posted about 5 times as much about Skelton as I have and anytime anything negative is said about him you immediately jump to his defense. If anybody has a John Skelton alert setup, it's you.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
$2k a month? $24,000 a year for child support? :bang: wow

I guess Big John will be the next athlete gone broke.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was because he owed 19K and according to her, wouldn't pay it. The judge ordered the Cards to hold more back until the amount was paid off, it now is.

I have no idea what the monthly amount is now but the 2K was because he was 19k in arrears.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a ton of flack for saying the Cardinals should have gone with Orton. I have to think the results would have been better.

I was in the oirton or palmer camp, palmer couldnt be had and for some reason we took kolb over orton :shrug:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you are obsessed with this guy. Was the girl your daughter? I've never seen anyone spend so much time bashing one player. Well Phrazbit was close with Kolb. But nowhere near this bad. Do you have an alert on your computer to let you know there was a post mentioning Skelton so you can come on here and write negative things about him?

wow, talking about a news article is now considered obsession

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, talking about a news article is now considered obsession

Well it's worse than that. If you search for posts by me in this forum in the last 6 months using the word Skelton you'll find SIX threads that I posted in(some more than once).

If you do the same for Duckjake you'll find ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE threads where he's posted again often more than once.

And I'm obsessed?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you saying that is high or low? To me that seems low for a guy who averaged $530,413 a year during the duration of his contract. Kids cost a lot of money and a single mother who had a baby right out of high school needs all the help she can get.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

he looks terrible

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well it's worse than that. If you search for posts by me in this forum in the last 6 months using the word Skelton you'll find SIX threads that I posted in(some more than once).

If you do the same for Duckjake you'll find ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE threads where he's posted again often more than once.

And I'm obsessed?

Well you don't post at all for weeks and then a Skelton thread or post shows up and you suddenly post 125 times about how awful he is.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you don't post at all for weeks and then a Skelton thread or post shows up and you suddenly post 125 times about how awful he is.

Gee I wonder why I don't post at all for weeks?

Could it be someone's obsession with complaining about everything I post in this forum?

And 125 times care to back that up with a search result? I said you post 5 times as often about him as I do, that's actually quite low, in the last 6 months it's more like 35 times as often.

And I didn't respond to a Skelton thread or post I responded one about Kevin Kolb, an ex Cardinal QB who was in the news in a negative light, I merely pointed out there's another ex Cardinal QB who's in the news in a negative light too.
Again back on ignore this time I won't assume it's safe to take you off.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Give me a break. That is a mere pittance of what he makes and if he's ever unemployed he can get it adjusted. He won't go broke making sure that his kid is able to live a lifestyle as close to as if his parents were together. That is the guideline, at least in AZ. The child shouldn't suffer. I paid 25% of my take home pay for 16 1/2 years and I'm damn proud of the fact that I didn't shirk my responsibility.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a break. That is a mere pittance of what he makes and if he's ever unemployed he can get it adjusted. He won't go broke making sure that his kid is able to live a lifestyle as close to as if his parents were together. That is the guideline, at least in AZ. The child shouldn't suffer. I paid 25% of my take home pay for 16 1/2 years and I'm damn proud of the fact that I didn't shirk my responsibility.

:thumbup:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Camp--Day-4-practice-notes/16950756

For the third straight day, rookie quarterback EJ Manuel was clearly the better on the field between he and veteran Kevin Kolb. It would be awfully tough for Manuel to be worse than Kolb over the past three days, though. The veteran just has never looked comfortable in the pocket, often rolling off to the side in the face of all the pressure the Bills defense sends.

Sounds familiar.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember after he signed alot of Bills fans were blaming everybody but Kolb for his past troubles and even knocked our organization. Many also tried to claim he wasn't injury prone. I can understand fans being fanatical and being a little delusional, but it was very one sided and very forceful. But anyways, another quote from the very next line I believe is also very telling.

On the other hand Manuel does a much better job of trying to sidestep the pressure, or at least trying to unload the ball quickly when he sees a blitzing opponent coming free.

There you have in a nutshell one major problem with Kolb. Where many QB's simply get the ball out or slide a bit and buy time to throw, Kolb rolls out.

We'll see how things progress as it is early, but when a rookie QB seems to have that nuance down and Kolb still doesn't, imo it shouldn't take Manuel long to become the starter. It'll be interesting to watch their preseason games on NFLN and see if these trends continue.

...and they aren't hitting the QB's so even with the QB jersey on Kolb plays scared.

Also from ESPN's AFC East blog
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/61795/buffalo-bills-practice-report-2

Veteran Kevin Kolb led the top group for the final two 11-on-11 periods. For the second consecutive practice, Manuel avoided making any critical mistakes while in the pocket, but looked to face more blitz pressures than he has in previous sessions.

Kolb was intercepted during an early 7-on-7 drill by Gilmore, who undercut rookie running back Kendall Gaskins on a short pattern. Kolb was later intercepted by safety Da'Norris Searcy on a pass intended for rookie receiver Marquise Goodwin, and also had some throws that sailed behind receivers T.J. Graham and Robert Woods. On the plus side, it was Kolb who lofted a well-thrown ball to Elliott on the play where he was injured.

Bad day at the office for: Kolb. It's tough to compare him side-by-side to Manuel since Kolb is usually seeing the best unit from the defense, but Kolb continues to struggle at times with his accuracy and decision making. He's in the spotlight given the quarterback situation, so his mistakes are more magnified than those of other players.

And from the previous one
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/61753/buffalo-bills-practice-report

Manuel impressive: Although veteran quarterback Kevin Kolb continues to take snaps with the first-team offense, rookie EJ Manuel had the better performance on Tuesday. In 7-on-7s, Manuel connected with rookie receiver Da'Rick Rogers on a deep ball over cornerback Leodis McKelvin. At 6-foot-5, Manuel has a height advantage over Kolb in the pocket, which helped on Tuesday, as the Bills opened their 11-on-11s with a heavy dose of screen passes. Meanwhile, Kolb was intercepted during an 11-on-11 drill by Stephon Gilmore, although there was a flag thrown on the play.

Bad day at the office for: Kolb. Through the first three sessions of training camp, Kolb hasn't shown the veteran edge that one might expect. He hasn't made critical mistakes in practice, but also hasn't looked sharp or accurate in his throws, overthrowing an open T.J. Graham during early 11-on-11 work.

Kind of bad when the ESPN guy notes Kolb having the 'bad day at office' line two practices in a row.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People are still arguing about these two... I love it.

Skelton was a late pick who played like a late pick... and now appears to be a dead beat dad, Kolb was a franchise defining blunder that cost half the big wigs their jobs. They're both terrible QBs, Kolb is probably in the final season of his career, Skelton might hold on for a few years longer as he is shielded from the spot light.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are still arguing about these two... I love it.

Skelton was a late pick who played like a late pick... and now appears to be a dead beat dad, Kolb was a franchise defining blunder that cost half the big wigs their jobs. They're both terrible QBs, Kolb is probably in the final season of his career, Skelton might hold on for a few years longer as he is shielded from the spot light.

Who knows but ESPN wrote a story on Kolb that sounds like even if he's not playing they'll keep him around for now because he seems to be doing a decent job of mentoring Manuel and some of the young WR's. He was talking up Robert Woods said he's a stud. Manuel has apparently openly praised Kolb for helping him.

Seems like they're paying him too much to be a mentor, but it might keep him around another year

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
87% of Kolb's 2014 salary is not guaranteed. He won't be in Buffalo next year. Heck, only 20% of it is guaranteed this year. If not for them having no other vet QB on the roster I think he would be a candidate to get cut in preseason.

If you've got two rookies and you want a vet around to protect them, getting one of the most injury prone guys in the NFL does not make sense to me.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
87% of Kolb's 2014 salary is not guaranteed. He won't be in Buffalo next year. Heck, only 20% of it is guaranteed this year. If not for them having no other vet QB on the roster I think he would be a candidate to get cut in preseason.

If you've got two rookies and you want a vet around to protect them, getting one of the most injury prone guys in the NFL does not make sense to me.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kevin-kolb/

Contract: 2 yr(s) / $6,100,000
Signing Bonus $1,000,000
Average Salary $3,050,000
Guaranteed: $1,000,000
Free Agent: 2015 / Unrestricted

Not sure who that math works.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cap hit in 2014 = 3.6 mil.

Dead money if they were to cut him = 500k.

So, 3.1 mil (or 87%) of his salary in 2014 is not guaranteed.

If they cut him NOW it would be a 1 mil in dead money (as his 2014 bonus is accelerated onto this year's cap), so it would be a 1 mil hit on his 2.5 mil salary. So they'd pay 40% of his 2013 cap to axe him before this season starts, but it would keep him completely off their 2014 cap. So my math was right, I was just spreading the hit over two years.

Either way, if they had another vet option, him getting axed this year would not be a surprise. But they dont... so I think he keeps his roster slot by default. But in 2014 I'd bet my balls he is toast.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why in the world is anyone still talking about Kevin Koncussion?!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose