Alex Okafor...don't we already have him on our roster (Acho)?

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
These two look like the exact same player, same size, from the same system with very similar college stats. What's the infatuation with him?

Last edited:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd have no problem with adding another Acho to the team in the 4th round.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
So you are against adding another player that is just like our best OLB? Ok.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Yeah, Acho and Shaunessey who'll see action as SOLB.

I'm cooling a bit on Okafor right now. OK with him though, just not a big need for what we have in place already.

Kind of like Jesse Williams and Jordan Poyer or Philip Thomas at this time.

Possibly David Queesenberry who's been discussed here all pre draft period.

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

Reaction score
Yeah, Acho and Shaunessey who'll see action as SOLB.

I'm cooling a bit on Okafor right now. OK with him though, just not a big need for what we have in place already.

Kind of like Jesse Williams and Jordan Poyer or Philip Thomas at this time.

Possibly David Queesenberry who's been discussed here all pre draft period.

Exactly. Too many needs and too much talent at those positions of need on he board to re-draft the same guy we drafted a couple years ago.

It seems apparent that well be using a zone blocking scheme, no more perfect fit for that than Schwenke. While BA said honey badger will be a FS, he also hinted at him being on the field as a FA only in certain situations, which leads me to believe we still need a tradition FS. My vote would be P Thomas or B Rambo

Jessie Williams is attractive as well considering our lackluster performance against the run last year. If we can platoon him with Big Dan we can ensure that we always have a fresh NT on the field, that would do wonders

Last edited:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did you watch the draft?

- did you see what the 49ers did? An already STACKED team full of pass rushers added 2 more pass rushers....

Thats how you win in this league.

So yes, go get Okafor

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

Reaction score
Did you watch the draft?

- did you see what the 49ers did? An already STACKED team full of pass rushers added 2 more pass rushers....

Thats how you win in this league.

So yes, go get Okafor

VERY different situation, with Tank they're lookin to replace an aging Justin smith. Also "pass rusher" is not a position. Acho and Okefor are very close to the same age and play the same style at the same position

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I would compare Okafor more closely to Brian Orakpo than Sam Acho but I see what your saying. We need good pass rushers and Okafor is an upgrade over acho.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Do you play for the Suns? It seems as though you don't understand strong side vs weak side.

Are you Rod Graves? Because it's seems that you don't understand player movement, depth, or BPA especially with a 4th round pick.

Last edited:

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I don't think they are as similar as you say. Okafor is definately a better pass rusher than Acho is/was. I'd love to have him but don't see him as a fit in our defense to be honest. He's more of a 4-3 end to me. I'd still take him as pass rusher for now, and let him bulk up a bit to take over for Dockett in a few years.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are you Rod Graves? Because it's seems that you don't understand player movement, depth, or BPA especially with a 4th round pick.

LOL!!! Well that woke me up. Nothing like a good morning "laugh till u cry"

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i prefer find an olb in 5th and 6th round adding both brandon jenkins and quantereus smith

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As a fan I have guys I hope the team selects, but I'm smart enough to realize that I'm dumb when it comes to know how the Cards board is stacked. I do have a LOT of confidence in the BASK empire.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Alex Okafor is a lot like Sam Acho. I think Okafor is a better pass rusher but Acho the better all around LBer.

Schofield is on the final year of his contract, Lorenzo Alexander is near 30 yrs old, and Matt Shaunessey is more of a 3-4 DE, IMO.

We are going to need another OLBer. If not Okafor, whom I would pick with the next pick, then they will draft or sign after the draft, someone.

At this point the Cardinals have to be Bobby Massie lucky to get more than a depth player from here on out.

Acho, Alexander, Schofield, and Shaunessey are more or less our OLBers next year.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Alex Okafor is a lot like Sam Acho. I think Okafor is a better pass rusher but Acho the better all around LBer.

Schofield is on the final year of his contract, Lorenzo Alexander is near 30 yrs old, and Matt Shaunessey is more of a 3-4 DE, IMO.

We are going to need another OLBer. If not Okafor, whom I would pick with the next pick, then they will draft or sign after the draft, someone.

At this point the Cardinals have to be Bobby Massie lucky to get more than a depth player from here on out.

Acho, Alexander, Schofield, and Shaunessey are more or less our OLBers next year.

The last four drafts the Cards have picked up Toler, Schofield, Acho, and Massie in the 4th round. So I look for them to get one and maybe two potential starters today in the 4th without having to be lucky. After that I'm with you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose