The 2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha Lakers. I dont care about who is doing what to who on that Lakers team.. All I know is I am having the time of my like watching this years Lakers.. This is an awesome display losing.. Congrats Lakers on the awesome job!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ginormous ***.

No way... DA... A complete classless buffoon who's taking a well deserved heap of criticism throws Dwight under the bus also? Color me
Shocked!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morale victory by the Lakers today according to the LA radio.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost a game we should have lost, especially with both big men out. No moral victories. Would have been a huge upset had we won.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight still being a whiny bitch. Argues with Nash on the floor because he wanted a lob and not the bounce pass, when he should have moved his ass to help Nash out when he was trapped on the play. SMH.

If it wasn't for defense, Dwight would be absolutely useless out there. Another pansy ass weak layup in the first Q had me rolling my eyes.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RG3 was cleared to play and was told he couldn't do any more damage to his injured knee as well.

Yeah, but you know the difference? He WANTED to play. He desired it, deep inside. Did he get hurt? Yep...but you know how many players get cleared to play and then go out and don't get hurt? The majority, that's right. The vast majority.

Glad you mentioned RGIII, because that's a shining example of the drive and desire that D12 completely lacks.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dwight still being a whiny bitch. Argues with Nash on the floor because he wanted a lob and not the bounce pass, when he should have moved his ass to help Nash out when he was trapped on the play. SMH.

If it wasn't for defense, Dwight would be absolutely useless out there. Another pansy ass weak layup in the first Q had me rolling my eyes.
I'd still call Howard absolutely useless out there, even when he makes a defensive play he's still the last cat down the court, and slows yall down. Phrazie tried to tell me the other day in the LA/Howard thread that "offense" isn't LA's problem...uh...uh..uhuhuhu said butthead. Dantoni's teams gotta score in between 105 and 120 points each game to be real. I understand folks still think Howard's defense is beneficial, it is on defense but when you think about it it aint. Friggin Dragic can have the best game of his life here in Phx, and the Suns will lose by 15. Nash could have worse "stats" (such a poopy word) for a game and still win by 20 in the Dantoni bologna. It's because they could score at will and at a crazy pace, Fakers can't do that with Howard in the mix. Add in the free throws, laziness, off court drama, price tag, and no will to be part of the team....

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, but you know the difference? He WANTED to play. He desired it, deep inside. Did he get hurt? Yep...but you know how many players get cleared to play and then go out and don't get hurt? The majority, that's right. The vast majority.

Glad you mentioned RGIII, because that's a shining example of the drive and desire that D12 completely lacks.

I guess Tim Duncan lacks it as well. He sat out an entire playoff series he was cleared to play in which caused his team to be eliminated.

You don't know what Howard is going through physically.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Tim Duncan lacks it as well. He sat out an entire playoff series he was cleared to play in which caused his team to be eliminated.

You don't know what Howard is going through physically.

I don't really CARE what Howard is going through physically. I do know that he has chemistry problems with everyone on the team, gets stripped too often, tries layups instead of dunks, and gets outrebounded like crazy. I do know that he can't post up down low, and when he does get position, he has no post moves at all. And when he does get close to the rim, a quick foul on him is as good as a turnover since he's bricking his free throws. That's what I CARE about. Not his pain tolerance.

This is the guy that we are supposed to be looking at as the future leader of the team, that will be the centerpiece when Kobe is done, that will be the guy the team is built around. His audition is failing. When he's talking about three years and Kobe and Nash are looking at the retirement horizon, he simply isn't there mentally. I have no trust in him as a leader, and that has NOTHING to do with his physical pain.

Tim Duncan must lack it, because sitting out when cleared to play, in the PLAYOFFS, definitely shows a lack of desire to win. But at least Duncan had proven his value to his team and they all knew that when he was on the floor, he gave it all. Dwight hasn't done that and has chemistry issues with the group, so sitting out is even worse.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't really CARE what Howard is going through physically. I do know that he has chemistry problems with everyone on the team, gets stripped too often, tries layups instead of dunks, and gets outrebounded like crazy. I do know that he can't post up down low, and when he does get position, he has no post moves at all. And when he does get close to the rim, a quick foul on him is as good as a turnover since he's bricking his free throws. That's what I CARE about. Not his pain tolerance.

This is the guy that we are supposed to be looking at as the future leader of the team, that will be the centerpiece when Kobe is done, that will be the guy the team is built around. His audition is failing. When he's talking about three years and Kobe and Nash are looking at the retirement horizon, he simply isn't there mentally. I have no trust in him as a leader, and that has NOTHING to do with his physical pain.

Tim Duncan must lack it, because sitting out when cleared to play, in the PLAYOFFS, definitely shows a lack of desire to win. But at least Duncan had proven his value to his team and they all knew that when he was on the floor, he gave it all. Dwight hasn't done that and has chemistry issues with the group, so sitting out is even worse.

Seems odd that you don't care about his injuries yet use them against him calling him a *** for not playing. Just because you're cleared to play doesn't mean you should. Duncan went on to win 3 more championships(who knows if he wins any of those if he destroys his knee ala RG3) and the fact you'd question his will to win is absurd.

Also lets look at the fact that Howard has missed significantly fewer games due to injury than Kobe at the same stage of his career.

I don't like how Howard carries himself at all but I don't question his willingness to play hurt.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that you don't care about his injuries yet use them against him calling him a *** for not playing. Just because you're cleared to play doesn't mean you should. Duncan went on to win 3 more championships(who knows if he wins any of those if he destroys his knee ala RG3) and the fact you'd question his will to win is absurd.

Seems odd that you don't make one point there and just sound like the Charlie Brown teacher. Wahhm whaaam whoooam. Really? You didn't get the point? I don't care about his injuries, he should play when cleared. He is cleared, they are in DIRE straights, and they are desperate for wins with a 39 year old point guard and a 34 year old shooting guard, among the best EVER at their position, chasing a ring, and Dwightypants is sitting out some games when he's cleared to play..yeah, that's good in the locker room.

Also lets look at the fact that Howard has missed significantly fewer games due to injury than Kobe at the same stage of his career.

Let's look at how hard Kobe plays and how hard he prepares, and how many injuries he plays THROUGH. Kobe played THROUGH plantar faciitis, which is a very painful injury for a basketball player (I've had it) and which Pau is sitting down for six weeks over. Please, let's not get into a tough guy act between Nash or Kobe and Dwight. D12 loses. ***. Total effing ***.

I don't like how Howard carries himself at all but I don't question his willingness to play hurt.

Nash has. Kobe has. I do as well.

Read the Ding article.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't begin to tell you how much I am loving this!

Carry on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that you don't make one point there and just sound like the Charlie Brown teacher. Wahhm whaaam whoooam. Really? You didn't get the point? I don't care about his injuries, he should play when cleared. He is cleared, they are in DIRE straights, and they are desperate for wins with a 39 year old point guard and a 34 year old shooting guard, among the best EVER at their position, chasing a ring, and Dwightypants is sitting out some games when he's cleared to play..yeah, that's good in the locker room.

Let's look at how hard Kobe plays and how hard he prepares, and how many injuries he plays THROUGH. Kobe played THROUGH plantar faciitis, which is a very painful injury for a basketball player (I've had it) and which Pau is sitting down for six weeks over. Please, let's not get into a tough guy act between Nash or Kobe and Dwight. D12 loses. ***. Total effing ***.

I don't know what's better right now... watching the Lakers continue to melt-down... or D-Dog beginning to. He tried hiding it early in the season, but you are one gigantic Clippers ass-kicking away from probably going full malice in the palace brawl on Lakerdom and anyone who talks about it.

and now i fully expect the "LOL... I'm not melting down at all Cheese" rebuttal that only he himself will believe.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems odd that you don't make one point there and just sound like the Charlie Brown teacher.

I thought the point was pretty clear. I've read your posts for years and thought you had basic reading and comprehension and could have a discussion without resorting to childish name calling. My mistake.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the point was pretty clear. I've read your posts for years and thought you had basic reading and comprehension and could have a discussion without resorting to childish name calling. My mistake.

Cheesebeef has taught me well.

I don't see you addressing the issue that nash and kobe having a small window doesn't jibe with Dwight laying back and sitting out. When steve effing nash is arguing with you on the court and making veiled criticisms in the media, you're doing it wrong.

D12 is a whiny, vagtastic cancer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what's better right now... watching the Lakers continue to melt-down... or D-Dog beginning to. He tried hiding it early in the season, but you are one gigantic Clippers ass-kicking away from probably going full malice in the palace brawl on Lakerdom and anyone who talks about it.

and now i fully expect the "LOL... I'm not melting down at all Cheese" rebuttal that only he himself will believe.

It's funny..I thought Pau should traded because he and Dwight didn't mesh. Now I see Dwight isnt meshing with anyone. I was completely wrong.

Lakers are still in play but they aren't winning a title so I've already accepted that. What I will be melting down about is the Lakers trying to build around Dwight. He's a mental midget. Read the ding article...Dwight just doesn't fit.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny..I thought Pau should traded because he and Dwight didn't mesh. Now I see Dwight isnt meshing with anyone. I was completely wrong.

Lakers are still in play but they aren't winning a title so I've already accepted that. What I will be melting down about is the Lakers trying to build around Dwight. He's a mental midget. Read the ding article...Dwight just doesn't fit.

Wait until may! :mulli: