Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:biglaugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Reaction score
Wonder if Kobe goes back to chucking up 38 contested 28' jumpers a game, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MWP was 0 for 4 in the 4th Q; Nash 0 for 1; Kobe 3 for 8; Howard 0 for 1; Clark 0 for 2; Gasol 1 for 3; Jamison 2 for 2; Blake 0 for 1.

That's not "Kobe ball rearing it's ugly head". That's everyone sucking, Kobe sucking the least, and no effing defense. The end.

Stupid. That was the stupid loss of this ten game block. 3-1 in a need to get to 7-3 in the block. Two VERY tough games on the list...this should have been a win.

TJ

Reaction score
??

No it didn't.

Bad defense did rear its ugly head again. A 16-2 run is unacceptable. Against the suns, it's unforgivable.

@ESPNStatsInfo: Kobe stopped passing in 4th quarter - 10 FGA and 9 assists in 1st 3 quarters, 7 FGA and 0 assists in final 12 minutes

Kobe shied away from what had worked the previous 3 games. There were plenty of open players during that stretch.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MWP was 0 for 4 in the 4th Q; Nash 0 for 1; Kobe 3 for 8; Howard 0 for 1; Clark 0 for 2; Gasol 1 for 3; Jamison 2 for 2; Blake 0 for 1.

That's not "Kobe ball rearing it's ugly head". That's everyone sucking, Kobe sucking the least, and no effing defense. The end.

Stupid. That was the stupid loss of this ten game block. 3-1 in a need to get to 7-3 in the block. Two VERY tough games on the list...this should have been a win.

Good job, good effort. :mulli:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ESPNStatsInfo: Kobe stopped passing in 4th quarter - 10 FGA and 9 assists in 1st 3 quarters, 7 FGA and 0 assists in final 12 minutes

Kobe shied away from what had worked the previous 3 games. There were plenty of open players during that stretch.

No, there weren't. And he was still passing. They missed shots or gave him the ball with 5 on the shot clock. He didn't take challenging shots over doubles

Thats "kobe ball" or "hero ball". Don't mistake 0 assists for not passing.

Regardless it was defense that collapsed. Beasely? Really? MWP was worthless on both ends.. .

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't mistake 0 assists for not passing.

Yeah, I slam Kobe as much as a hater, but you cannot look at a stat line and see whether a guy made passes or not. That's some quality ESPN reporting there. LOL

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken Berger @KBergCBS

Pau Gasol has a partial tear of his plantar fascia and is expected to be out at least six weeks, league source tells @CBSSports.

:|

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is Kobe Bryant trying to ACTIVELY be a bad teammate and run Dwight out of town when he's a FA? I mean... what player have you ever heard of continually questioning another's manhood the way Kobe does Dwight on a regular basis? Yesterday he said Dwight's not playing because he doesn't have "experience" with injuries... uh... he played most of the year last year with a bulging disc before finally shutting it down and needing surgery... then came back EARLY this year wayyyyyyyy ahead of schedule even though he wasn't 100% yet... then suffered a TORN LABRUM which most doctors say requires surgery and should put him out 6 months... and has tried to play through that two separate times.

dude's a fantasic basketball player, but he's one of the worst leaders I've ever seen.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is Kobe Bryant trying to ACTIVELY be a bad teammate and run Dwight out of town when he's a FA? I mean... what player have you ever heard of continually questioning another's manhood the way Kobe does Dwight on a regular basis? Yesterday he said Dwight's not playing because he doesn't have "experience" with injuries... uh... he played most of the year last year with a bulging disc before finally shutting it down and needing surgery... then came back EARLY this year wayyyyyyyy ahead of schedule even though he wasn't 100% yet... then suffered a TORN LABRUM which most doctors say requires surgery and should put him out 6 months... and has tried to play through that two separate times.

dude's a fantasic basketball player, but he's one of the worst leaders I've ever seen.

Saw that. "Dwight has never had anyone pushing him like I push him..." :rolleyes:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kobe being Kobe.:thumbup:

no longer is he going after ex-teammates, now he's going after current teammates.:grabs:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever, Dwight is garbage. He's a petulant child and fumbles the ball away more than Kwame Brown.

Dwight doesn't have experience playing THROUGH injuries. He's playing WITH injuries and that's a very different thing.

And Dwight never has had anyone pushing him, period. He hardly pushes himself.

If the Lakers don't trade him, they are making a mistake. You can't build around that guy. He is a finger pointer and lacks drive. And I really wanted him here, having coveted him since before he was drafted, but he's absolutely changed every concept I ever had about him.

Kobe will be gone in a couple of years, and Dwight is not the centerpiece of a team. Especially if he never recovers from the back injury.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and BTW:

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Kobe Bryant said he's not pressuring Howard to return."There's an urgency to be out there but not at the cost of making his shoulder worse."

Ans since Kobe is such a bad leader, how about one of the best leaders ever?

Quote:
Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Steve Nash on Dwight: "I think everyone has got to play through some pain in this league"

Ooooh, how dare he ACTIVELY be a bad teammate and try to run Dwight out of town when he's a FA? :rolleyes:

So the drama.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever, Dwight is garbage. He's a petulant child and fumbles the ball away more than Kwame Brown.

Dwight doesn't have experience playing THROUGH injuries. He's playing WITH injuries and that's a very different thing.

And Dwight never has had anyone pushing him, period. He hardly pushes himself.

If the Lakers don't trade him, they are making a mistake. You can't build around that guy. He is a finger pointer and lacks drive. And I really wanted him here, having coveted him since before he was drafted, but he's absolutely changed every concept I ever had about him.

Kobe will be gone in a couple of years, and Dwight is not the centerpiece of a team. Especially if he never recovers from the back injury.

LOL.. Kobe could probably rape someone and you'd defend him... oh wait...

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe out of the picture, cheese. I don't want to build a team around Dwight. He's been flat out awful. And on top of it, he's been whiny. All while getting stripped over and over, bricking free throws and blowing layups.

Has nothing to do with Kobe. Has to do with the fact that Emperor D12 has no effing clothes, and I'm shocked to see it.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite winning the three games Howard has missed, the Lakers (23-26) are 10th in the Western Conference playoff race. They also will be without star forward Pau Gasol, who could be sidelined four-to-six weeks with a tear in the plantar fascia of his right foot, an MRI revealed Wednesday.

"We don't have time for (Howard's shoulder) to heal," Bryant said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with ESPNBoston.com's Jackie MacMullan. "We need some urgency."

The interview with MacMullan came one day after Bryant publicly challenged Howard, stating that playing through an injury is "something that you have to balance out and manage."

Bryant also asserted that Howard is preoccupied with how he is perceived by fans and media.

"Dwight worries too much about what people think," Bryant told MacMullan. "I told him, 'You can't worry about that. It's holding you back.' He says, 'OK, OK, OK,' but it's always hovering around him.

"He just wants people to like him. He doesn't want to let anyone down, and that gets him away from what he should be doing."

Bryant also speculated that Howard, in his first season with Los Angeles, may not be accustomed to the Lakers' standards.

"(Howard) has never been in a position where someone is driving him as hard as I am, as hard as this organization is," Bryant told MacMullan. "It's win a championship, or everything is a complete failure. That's just how (the Lakers) do it. And that's foreign to him.

"When you think about it, there aren't many organizations that look at it that way. There are only two that can really honestly say that's what they live by -- Los Angeles and Boston."

Howard preached patience in a recent interview with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, pointing to the fact that Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal needed three years before winning a championship with the Lakers.

But the 34-year-old Bryant, who is averaging 27.6 points per game in his 17th NBA season, is approaching this season with more desperation.

"We don't have three years," Kobe said. "We've got this year
."

Whatever, there is nothing wrong in there. Dwight doesn't get it yet. LA didn't get him to smile and talk about how this is bananas, and doesn't even feel like real life. They brought him in to dominate. He has failed thus far. Kobe is pushing him, sure, but the LAKERS expectation is the huge push.

Try again, haters. While you are at it, light a fire under Dwight's ass, please, or he's going to be bounced.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe's motivational skills worked like a charm tonight

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever, there is nothing wrong in there. Dwight doesn't get it yet. LA didn't get him to smile and talk about how this is bananas, and doesn't even feel like real life. They brought him in to dominate. He has failed thus far. Kobe is pushing him, sure, but the LAKERS expectation is the huge push.

Try again, haters. While you are at it, light a fire under Dwight's ass, please, or he's going to be bounced.

Give me a break. Even the laker homers out on LA radio (and no... Not Hartman) were calling Kobe out over that crap he was spewing.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike D'Antoni also informed us on @TWCSportsNet that Dwight's been cleared to play for awhile...tonight he just decided to play...

Ginormous ***.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA