What This Season and This Weekend Have Proved

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The Cardinals need to lock up Ray Horton for years to come.

The only way to ensure that is to hire him as the HC---which is what he deserves.

SF---Kaepernick is only in his 2nd year---

SEA---Wilson is a rookie---

STL---Bradford is their franchise QB for years to come.

All three teams can pound the ball.

We need to get stronger up front and quicker and more sudden on the edges.

But, most of all, we need Ray Horton more than anything else.

What Horton did to Matt Ryan and the #1 seed Falcons...Ryan's worst game of the year.

What Horton did to Tom Brady and the #2 seed Patriots...Brady's worst game of the year.

And Horton doesn't have his ideal personnel just yet.

Bring in Mike Mularkey as OC.

Vote Horton/Mularkey in 2013...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This weekend proved that is possible to watch four NFL games while simultaneously reading the new Dick Wolf thriller from cover to cover.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekend proved that football and the NFL is by far the best most entertaining sport on the planet. No other sport is as intense or as enjoyable to watch.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
This weekend proved that football and the NFL is by far the best most entertaining sport on the planet. No other sport is as intense or as enjoyable to watch.

I've always liked the divisional playoff weekends the best, usually exciting games with a lot of offense, this year was no exception. Denver/Baltimore and Seahawk/Falcons both amazing games. Packers/49ers started out close before the 49ers broke away.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shows me that defenses don't win games in the playoffs. Need an aggressive offense with a good qb and tough linemen.

Bring me McCoy for HC!!!! Horton as DC will do just fine.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Well I can understand why you don't think baseball is enjoyable to watch.

As for me and other Cardinal/Cardinal fans the 6th game of the 2011 World Series is about as good as it gets when it comes to outstanding sports television.

:D

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only way to ensure that is to hire him as the HC---which is what he deserves.

[....]

What Horton did to Matt Ryan and the #1 seed Falcons...Ryan's worst game of the year.

What Horton did to Tom Brady and the #2 seed Patriots...Brady's worst game of the year.

Horton didn't do nearly as well vs. the Cardinals division rivals - with the 49ers and Seahawks now having the aforementioned mobile QBs. Hope he can figure out how to defend them better because we're going to be seeing a lot of them for a long time.

...dave

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score

As for me and other Cardinal/Cardinal fans the 6th game of the 2011 World Series is about as good as it gets when it comes to outstanding sports television.

Yeah, that was great!! But it didn't match the excitement when Fitz caught the skinny post and raced into the endzone in the SB. That moment was the greatest sports feeling of my life, followed closely by Young running to the corner of the endzone in the '05 BCS championship game. UT made the stop they needed, unfortunately the Cards didn't. But yeah that game 6 was awesome too

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shows me that defenses don't win games in the playoffs. Need an aggressive offense with a good qb and tough linemen.

Bring me McCoy for HC!!!! Horton as DC will do just fine.

Agreed. I think it can just as easily be argued that this season proved that if we don't do whatever it takes to get better on the offensive side of the ball we are going to remain in the basement of the NFL. Again, if Horton will bring a great OC with him that's great, hire him. If he can't, he shouldn't get the job. This offense has to be fixed. We had Horton and a good defense this year and we were 5-12.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Well said Mitch! Hopefully the Cardinals aren't the "same ol" in this coaching decision ;)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Although I love the NFL... And bleed red....... Soccer is still the craziest crap on the planet.

For example.... The last game in the Premier league last year for Manchester City. Insane. Complete.....Utter...... Insanity. And that was just last year.

Good and bad things in both....... But I give it to Club level or World Cup level soccer.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It just reinforced what bad shape the Cards are as a team. We are so far behind the other teams in our league, who by the way are young and getting even better each year, that I don't see us having much chance to rise to the top of our division in this decade. On top of all that, I don't have much longer than that to live, if that. So I guess I will have to live eternity with that one great year we made it to the Super Bowl. Amen. RIP Cardinals.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just reinforced what bad shape the Cards are as a team. We are so far behind the other teams in our league, who by the way are young and getting even better each year, that I don't see us having much chance to rise to the top of our division in this decade. On top of all that, I don't have much longer than that to live, if that. So I guess I will have to live eternity with that one great year we made it to the Super Bowl. Amen. RIP Cardinals.
The other teams in our division got good fast. No reason we can't (assuming we get our sh*t together).

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

ya' we are sooooooooooooooo far behind, please buckaroo cheer up. It is QB that got this sooooooooooooo far behind team losing to the Falcons, the Jets, the Bills...the whole season was craptastic at the QB position. My point is this. It is a QB league, meaning for the most part you are one player away if you got the defense at a decent level. This board of recent has a tendency to go EXTREME in statements to we are so far behind to either a guy is elte and if not the player is garbage LOL

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SF---Kaepernick is only in his 2nd year---

SEA---Wilson is a rookie---

STL---Bradford is their franchise QB for years to come.

All three teams can pound the ball.

We need to get stronger up front and quicker and more sudden on the edges.

And Horton doesn't have his ideal personnel just yet.

Bring in Mike Mularkey as OC.

Vote Horton/Mularkey in 2013...

Horton will be our next HC. No "notable" coaching candidate will want to be a part of this mess.

No qb, no rb, no offensive line, last place team in a division where you have the 49er's and the Seahawks as possibly the two best teams in the NFC next year and a team like the Rams on the upswing.

Do you really think a guy like McCoy will chose us over San diedo or Chicago? Not a chance.

We are doomed to be cellar dwellers , barring major injuries to our competition, for the next 3 to 4 years. Maybe we've always been the same old Cardinals except for the new Cardinal head on the helmets.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Right on.:)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Horton will be our next HC. No "notable" coaching candidate will want to be a part of this mess.

No qb, no rb, no offensive line, last place team in a division where you have the 49er's and the Seahawks as possibly the two best teams in the NFC next year and a team like the Rams on the upswing.

Do you really think a guy like McCoy will chose us over San diedo or Chicago? Not a chance.

We are doomed to be cellar dwellers , barring major injuries to our competition, for the next 3 to 4 years. Maybe we've always been the same old Cardinals except for the new Cardinal head on the helmets.
My biggest fear is Horton the DC (sitting upstairs in the booth) will not be nearly as good as Horton the HC taking on all the $%^& duties that go along with it. I believe Horton has only 1 year remaining on his contract, so he will be gone then anyway. Our division is getting stronger every day and we are not keeping up. IMHO a Horton promotion to HC will only make us worse. Those who think that making Horton our HC will solve all of our problems, well it may only make thing worse.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I love the NFL... And bleed red....... Soccer is still the craziest crap on the planet.

For example.... The last game in the Premier league last year for Manchester City. Insane. Complete.....Utter...... Insanity. And that was just last year.

Good and bad things in both....... But I give it to Club level or World Cup level soccer.

No freaking way! Soccer is a complete and utter snooze fest!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is basically unwatchable. The Dbacks run in 2001 was entertaining, but other than that it is 162 games of crap.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. But ya know, it sucks! People flopping, waiting to see the result of a 1-1 game decided by penalty kicks. Ugh.

I have yet to see a request for a soccer forum in A&S.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Open your minds people. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Do you think there is no flopping in football? Poor officiating?

Just think about this..... What if the three worst teams in the NFL were sent to the CFL and the top 3 CFL teams came to the NFL each year. I bet there would be no "tanking for a draft pick".

And yes..... The drama and intensity is sky high. No timeouts, no commercial breaks, the clock just keeps ticking. Not for every game..... But the best games in world soccer are just as good if not better than the NFL.

No one wants to watch the Cards versus the Rams either..... Many NFL fans would have called it a "Snooze Fest".

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just think about this..... What if the three worst teams in the NFL were sent to the CFL and the top 3 CFL teams came to the NFL each year. I bet there would be no "tanking for a draft pick".

And yes..... The drama and intensity is sky high. No timeouts, no commercial breaks, the clock just keeps ticking. Not for every game..... But the best games in world soccer are just as good if not better than the NFL.

My mind is open. Futbol BLOWS! Just because the clock keeps running dont mean squat. It is a complete and utter snooze fest. There is a reason it doesn't catch on in the US. It sucks! :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

No one wants to watch the Cards versus the Rams either..... Many NFL fans would have called it a "Snooze Fest".
In your opinion, maybe, but IMO I would only watch soccer if it was a team USA game or something along those lines.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In your opinion, maybe, but IMO I would only watch soccer if it was a team USA game or something along those lines.

Yup the only I mean ONLY time I will watch is team USA in the world cup. Even then its damn hard to watch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose