The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Release Date: September 21, 2012 (limited)
Studio: Summit Entertainment
Director: Stephen Chbosky
Screenwriter: Stephen Chbosky
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for mature thematic material, drug and alcohol use, sexual content including references, and a fight - all involving teens)

Starring: Emma Watson, Logan Lerman, Ezra Miller, Mae Whitman, Nina Dobrev, Johnny Simmons, Dylan McDermott

Plot Summary: A funny and touching coming-of-age story based on the beloved best-selling novel by Stephen Chbosky, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" is a modern classic that captures the dizzying highs and crushing lows of growing up. Starring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" is a moving tale of love, loss, fear and hope-and the unforgettable friends that help us through life.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I am very interested in seeing this movie. It looks very powerful.

I was witty and fun, but incredibly intense as well. I highly recommend it. It kind of reminded me of Wonder Boys in a lot of ways, and made me go order that movie too, but it is vastly different in other ways too. I can't rave about this film enough.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was Hermoine's American accent? Stuff like that distracts me...

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She didn't have an accent. If you didn't know the actress, you'd have no idea she was English.

Cool!

I do want to see this, but I need to read the book first.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Fantastic film. It felt much more real than most high school coming of age films.

Excellent movie. Watson really shows some chops outside of the Harry Potter series. Great Pittsburgh setting. Really moved me.

Yeah, she was great. She reminded me a little of Ally Sheedy back in the day with her hair short like that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose