This bud's for you LA Clippers.......

Do the LA Clippers make it out of round two?

• LA Clippers make it past round 2.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • LA Clippers don't make it past round 2.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Clippers have their best opportunity to do what has never been done in 27 years of LA Clipper history and that's to get out of the second round of the NBA playoffs. The Western conference still isn't easy, but it's as weak as it's been in years. Could this be the year?

They actually haven't done it in the 42 years of franchise existence, but back to the LA Clippers. Who doesn't like Blake Griffin, and as Cardinal fans we can certainly support an underdog. But the futility that is the Los Angeles Clippers is unmatched by any organization in any major sport history.

So what say you? Do the LA Clippers with their fifth playoff appearance in 27 years finally do what they have never done before?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Clippers are up two games to one in round one. It's looking like they're going to have their opportunity to fight it out for history in round two if they can hang in there and keep winning these close games.

Unfortunately, it looks like the San Antonio Spurs are going to win in four or five games and be well rested for the second round. But you never know maybe Utah will make a comeback.

A well rested San Antonio is not what a young clipper team needs to break their streak of 27/42 years of futility, but there's still a window of hope. This could be it clipper nation keep the dream alive to go where no clipper has ever gone before.

You can do it....................
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Go Clips!

They need to win and get their series over with as fast as they can just in case San Antonio sweeps Utah. If they can play San Antonio without a lot of rest that will give them their best opportunity IMO. The LA Clippers need to finish off Memphis as fast as possible and then who knows, anything goes.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Clippers kicking ass is all I have to say.

If not for one inbound play in the second meeting ( Reg season) once the game was already over, we could have took the season series, 2-1 against the Spurs. Ryan Gomes hasn't played since that horrible inbound play.

Clippers match up with the Spurs well. And if we would have taken care of business by taking the third seed, we could have played the Thunder who we owned in the regualr season (3-1). Oh, and we've played the Thunder well going back to last season.

I think we have a better shot of getting past the second round than the Lakers have a chance of beating the Thunder. But in the end, I think both LA team get beat.

Man, what happened to the Blazers this season? Now that is a team in turmoil. No light at the end of that tunnel. lol

OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Clippers kicking ass is all I have to say.

If not for one inbound play in the second meeting ( Reg season) once the game was already over, we could have took the season series, 2-1 against the Spurs. Ryan Gomes hasn't played since that horrible inbound play.

Clippers match up with the Spurs well. And if we would have taken care of business by taking the third seed, we could have played the Thunder who we owned in the regualr season (3-1). Oh, and we've played the Thunder well going back to last season.

I think we have a better shot of getting past the second round than the Lakers have a chance of beating the Thunder. But in the end, I think both LA team get beat.

Could be your year to finally make some noise 27/42 years is a long time. So far so good you better finish off the job a rested San Antonio knowing they have limited opportunities left will definitely play you a lot better than they did during the regular season and they did win that 2-1 yes? They know this could be their last dance and they're going to throw everything at your boys with the know how to get the job done.

My prediction if you're series against the grizzlies goes at least six games is you will lose in six games or less against San Antonio. I really believe the rest for an older team, your lack of experience and them wanting one last run will be too much if you simply can't run them to death.

Besides if you want to say a play here or there winning game one after being that far down was just as much of a miracle if as any single play. Your series could very easily be 2-2. You're doing great but I wouldn't be too overconfident and throw out the words kicking *** just yet. But good luck it looks like you will al lest get to round 2 and have a shot.

Man, what happened to the Blazers this season? Now that is a team in turmoil. No light at the end of that tunnel. lol

Well, Greg Oden is done, Brandon Roy had to retire due to injuries as well and LaMarcus Aldridge also got injured. You try playing without CP3, Blake Griffin and whoever your third-best player is and see what happens. Besides I would never throw out and LOL on a team that went down to injuries it's bad karma. After 27/42 years you need all you can get.

Besides, the only good thing about Brandon Roy's injury is he took the option to retire and that takes his max salary off the books. They now have his money and Oden's money and an owner that tries every year not every 15 years. I'm sure with money to bring some studs in with LaMarcus Aldridge and an already decent supporting cast the Blazers light is still on.

PS.......
I forgot to mention the trail Blazers traded Gerald Wallace to the New Jersey Nets for their first round pick. That will give Portland two lottery picks in this upcoming draft. It definitely was a hard season but with this and with what I mentioned above they're light is never off they try every year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I warned you about throwing out an LOL on a team that suffered from injuries, it's bad karma. With Blake Griffin hyper extending his knee and CP3 reinjuring his growing you better hope it's minor and they're back ready for game six or you could find yourself in a game seven back in Memphis with a lot of egg on your face.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to a game 7, as it should be. Clips got lucky in their win in Memphis with that ridiculous comeback.

Memphis will oust them rather unceremoniously at home in game 7.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Clippers have their best opportunity to do what has never been done in 27 years of LA Clipper history and that's to get out of the second round of the NBA playoffs. The Western conference still isn't easy, but it's as weak as it's been in years. Could this be the year?

They actually haven't done it in the 42 years of franchise existence, but back to the LA Clippers. Who doesn't like Blake Griffin, and as Cardinal fans we can certainly support an underdog. But the futility that is the Los Angeles Clippers is unmatched by any organization in any major sport history.

So what say you? Do the LA Clippers with their fifth playoff appearance in 27 years finally do what they have never done before?

Just grab a phone book at random and start reading names. Griffin is rapidly becoming one of the most hated players in the game. Now, with mentoring from Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin he should move even higher on the most disliked list. I'm sure his creepy stalker-like commercials are helping his image with the casual fan but the ardent fan is so over this guy.

Steve

OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This has to be top 5 ugliest playoff games in NBA history. IMO whoever wins is going to get killed by San Antonio. It's so a bad the NBA should consider just eliminating both teams

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, way to not show up, Memphis.

I have no clue how the Clips and Spurs matchup....

OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, way to not show up, Memphis.

I have no clue how the Clips and Spurs matchup....

A very rested San Antonio spurs will probly win in 5 games. The way that game and series went they should eliminate both teams and let Denver play San Antonio.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very rested San Antonio spurs will probly win in 5 games. The way that game and series whent they should eliminate both teams and let Denver play San Antonio.

LOL - that's an awesome idea.

OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL - that's an awesome idea.

Seriously, that was one ugly series but the better team did win. San Antonio was beat up last year in the playoffs and was missing a couple of their stars. They won their first series this yer 4 -0 and are very well rested.

I just can't see a worn down beat up LA Clippers team playing the way they did having any chance against a healthy well rested San Antonio Spurs team. But they play the games for a reason you never know. If the Clippers do win it will be their first time ever in their franchise existence to get out of the second round. I'm afraid this isn't the year and they're going to add to their 42 years of futility.

As those games attest, one of the most troubling things about the Spurs matchup is that San Antonio has one of the only players in the NBA who can match Paul offensively and defensively on a night-to-night basis. And the Spurs have a host of other talent that can supplant Parker on any given night.

It's a nasty combination, and it's why the Spurs have been so tough to beat of late, with the addition of Patrick Mills in late March making it even more difficult.

The other most troubling thing? The coaching matchup -- or mis-match, rather. Del Negro deserves credit for out-coaching Memphis' Lionel Hollins in Sunday's Game 7, but it's doubtful he'll be able to do the same against San Antonio's Gregg Popovich.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/2028/first-look-san-antonio-spurs

The only game the Spurs lost Tony Parker didn't play.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F the Paper Clips.. Im waiting to see if LBJ can get to the Finals again.. Then Ill start tuning in to the NBA again..

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Back to a game 7, as it should be. Clips got lucky in their win in Memphis with that ridiculous comeback.

Memphis will oust them rather unceremoniously at home in game 7.

Good call Donald. :D

You guys were afraid to play Memphis but we've owned them since last year.
Good luck with the Thunder, who we beat 3 out of 4 times this season...And who you barely beat with the help of Artest's elbow. ;)

Last edited:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I warned you about throwing out an LOL on a team that suffered from injuries, it's bad karma. With Blake Griffin hyper extending his knee and CP3 reinjuring his growing you better hope it's minor and they're back ready for game six or you could find yourself in a game seven back in Memphis with a lot of egg on your face.

LOL at you with egg in your face. I know why you started this thread, after all, it is the smack shack. But I got the last laugh on this one.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call Donald. :D

You guys were afraid to play Memphis but we've owned them since last year.
Good luck with the Thunder, who we beat 3 out of 4 times this season...And who you barely beat with the help of Artest's elbow. ;)

I wasn't afraid to play Memphis. I just wanted Memphis playing San Antonio because they are a MUCH better matchup. SA can't guard Zeebo.

Seeing the Spurs bounced was my ultimate goal in caring who won the 4-5 matchup.

BTW, you didn't "own" them in the playoffs...you squeaked by them by a hair.

OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL at you with egg in your face. I know why you started this thread, after all, it is the smack shack. But I got the last laugh on this one.

Lookey Who shows up again. You have quite the courage your last post in this series it was all but over where were you after blowing the 3 to 1 lead to a 1995 expansion team that never made it past the second round either? Sorry there's no credibility to jump in like a pansy when it's easy.

The thread title is round 2 not round 1 you're only halfway there I don't have egg on my face I gave you round one it's 2 you never get past go back and read it. Have fun losing to my new "hometown" team I'm sure were both going to enjoy it. Then it will be around 43 years and counting.

PS...... show me where I said you were going to lose round one it was still 3-2 and you had game 6 at home when I put up that post. I said you "could" end up "in" a game seven with egg on your face and that's exactly what happened. I said no less or no more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wasn't afraid to play Memphis. I just wanted Memphis playing San Antonio because they are a MUCH better matchup. SA can't guard Zeebo.

Seeing the Spurs bounced was my ultimate goal in caring who won the 4-5 matchup.

You don't have to explain yourself to chicken Little we won't hear from him again unless a miracle happens and the Clippers prevail over the Spurs. Chicken fits perfectly when you come in when it looks good and disappear when it doesn't.

Anybody can talk trash after the fact or up big. :thumbdown

Last edited:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score

Correct, we didn't own in the playoffs...Which is why I specifically said "the last 2 seasons".

I was certain we'd beat them but I had it at 6 games. Guess we were both wrong.

As far as Memphis being a better match-up, that was last season when the Grizz tanked to play the injured Spurs. The team we beat wasn't the same team Spurs lost to.

Your Boy Michael Cooper and Lisa Leslie ( Ch.7 Sports Zone) predict the Clippers will win out against the Spurs. In 6-7 games. Mind you, these are Lakers Homers.

OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Correct, we didn't own in the playoffs...Which is why I specifically said "the last 2 seasons".

Nobody cares what you have to say until you can step up in the tough moments. Your Joe L at 3-1 and J. Lo at 3-3. :D

Nice...... from now on in the smack shack your J. Lo until you step up.

You're not beating the Spurs and you know it. The only game you won this year Tony Parker didn't play. The Clippers have only beaten the Spurs 1 time in San Antonio in the last 10 years. The Spurs are twice the team and even on a bad day play better than any game you did in the last series or in the last week or so of the regular season. Plus your team is beat up.

Last edited:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
You don't have to explain yourself to chicken Little we won't hear from him again unless a miracle happens and the Clippers prevail over the Spurs. Chicken fits perfectly when you come in when it looks good and disappear when it doesn't.

Anybody can talk trash after the fact or up big. :thumbdown

What is "we"? I have a life, I don't live on Message boards. And when I do spend time, I spend it mostly on the team MB that is playing. In case you forgot, the Cards ain't playing now...And when they do, I'll be here.

I guess you must have a lot of time volume posting in the off-season.

OP
OP
JAB

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What is "we"? I have a life, I don't live on Message boards. And when I do spend time, I spend it mostly on the team MB that is playing. In case you forgot, the Cards ain't playing now...And when they do, I'll be here.

I guess you must have a lot of time volume posting in the off-season.

Sure thing J. Lo it's not like I don't know you posted almost every day during the off-season on the other forum. The only reason you don't post here is you get your butt handed to you and got your hand slapped. Plus as I showed you before some for sure and IMO most view you simply as a troll. Do I need to pull up those old posts again?

The good news for you is if you do beat the Spurs I will be right here every step of the way. I wont be pretending I don't have thousands of post under a different name or on a different site. I will take it like a man and eat crow without making up stories about not posting in the off-season to cover your duck and cover.

Last edited: