• Nash to Toronto for Bayless & Calderon

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Nash & Lopez to LA for Bledsoe and Kaman

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Nash & Lopez to Indiana for Collision, Rush & Posey

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Nash, Lopez & draft picks to Orlando for Reddick & Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nash & Lopez to NY for Billups & Shumpert (or Douglas or Fields)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Nash & Lopez to Portland for Roy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of these offers are good for us

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • I don't want Phoenix to trade Nash

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why don't you just put your foot on his back and give him a kick-shove out the door?

Jeez.
Yep. I'm done with Nashball. I'd love to see a farewell party at the arena,give out free commemorative stuff,retire his jersey,give him shares in Suns stock,build a statue....whatever.

It boggles my mind how some of you still cant see how addition by subtraction is what this pathetic franchise needs to move the %@#! on and get on with a new era.

Nash got here in 2004 in his prime and did some amazing things here. But you know what? ...check your calendars folks....we're turning the corner on 2012 and if the current season was actually being played he'd STILL be the focus....the catalyst,and the reason the entire team plays the way they do. Thats insane. He's nearly 38 and not that good anymore....sorry. If (and i just dont see this happening)..IF he were to be given a backup role in an offense that isn't designed for him then i wouldnt care if he sat on the bench for the next 10 years....seriously.

Yeah Superbone...im done with Nashball. It didnt work. Its been 8 years.
Move on. Trade him,bring him off the bench in a reserve role or sit him. The Phx Suns (and a good portion of the fanbase) need to let go. Go in a different direction and get on with it. Cant do that with #13 still running the show.

Jeez :lol:

yeah yeah i know...:deadhorse2:but the years keep passing and the problems remain the same. LOL

[Nash turns 38 yrs old in February of 2012] four months from now. :help:

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I'm done with Nashball. I'd love to see a farewell party at the arena,give out free commemorative stuff,retire his jersey,give him shares in Suns stock,build a statue....whatever.

It boggles my mind how some of you still cant see how addition by subtraction is what this pathetic franchise needs to move the %@#! on and get on with a new era.

Nash got here in 2004 in his prime and did some amazing things here. But you know what? ...check your calendars folks....we're turning the corner on 2012 and if the current season was actually being played he'd STILL be the focus....the catalyst,and the reason the entire team plays the way they do. Thats insane. He's nearly 38 and not that good anymore....sorry. If (and i just dont see this happening)..IF he were to be given a backup role in an offense that isn't designed for him then i wouldnt care if he sat on the bench for the next 10 years....seriously.

Yeah Superbone...im done with Nashball. It didnt work. Its been 8 years.
Move on. Trade him,bring him off the bench in a reserve role or sit him. The Phx Suns (and a good portion of the fanbase) need to let go. Go in a different direction and get on with it. Cant do that with #13 still running the show.

Jeez :lol:

yeah yeah i know...:deadhorse2:but the years keep passing and the problems remain the same. LOL

[Nash turns 38 yrs old in February of 2012] four months from now. :help:

I agree with everything you said here except for this one. It did work. It worked tremendously well and it took an irrelevant franchise and made it one of the most popular in the world. It didn't get us a championship but I would never blame that on Nash.

I enjoyed his run in Phoenix, it just should have ended (at the VERY latest) the day Amare left the Suns. Keeping him last season was absurd, it might have put a few butts in the arena but it robbed us of our last best chance to get real value for him. Now, the best we can do isn't likely to make much of a difference.

Steve

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
I actually had the opportunity to talk with nash in vegas about a month ago.....he said he will play for 3 more seasons...and most likely he is done in phoenix...he did not say this directly however you could listen to it in his tone...he is done with sarver and i bet he ends up in Mia/NY/Dallas....the real question is will we have the balls to send him to a non -contender before this happens

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually had the opportunity to talk with nash in vegas about a month ago.....he said he will play for 3 more seasons...and most likely he is done in phoenix...he did not say this directly however you could listen to it in his tone...he is done with sarver and i bet he ends up in Mia/NY/Dallas....the real question is will we have the balls to send him to a non -contender before this happens

I wouldn't do it. Unless we get an exceptional offer that could have a real impact on our future, I'd choose the best option from a list of teams that Steve has pre-approved. I can't see taking such a huge PR hit for chump change.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This notion that a non-contender would give up anything of value for Nash continues to baffle me.
Non-contenders usually have one thing on their roster, more for show than for substance -- in this case, substance being the ability to not wear down as the regular season progresses.

A "name" for marketing purposes. Which is what we will have if we pin our hopes on a fragile Point Guard around whom our game revolves for a third and fourth season.

I love Steve Nash and what he has accomplished since returning to the Suns. But it is not going to help us grow in the future. Whenever our next basketball season takes place, that is.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This notion that a non-contender would give up anything of value for Nash continues to baffle me.
No kidding....and what does it matter to the Suns FO where Nash goes? Meaning, so what if he goes to a contender? The Suns are in no competitive position to whine about making another WC team better by giving them Nash.
The other option is trading him to a bad team....but thats cruel & unusual punishment and bad PR.
The Suns will still suck either way.

I'd like to see Nash go to a Dallas,Portland etc...he deserves to go out on a good team. Offer Dallas Nash and request pocket lint in return. Thats the right thing to do according to many fans who feel Nash "deserves better."

We aren't going to get that "great deal" from anyone.....this isn't 2008.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding....and what does it matter to the Suns FO where Nash goes? Meaning, so what if he goes to a contender? The Suns are in no competitive position to whine about making another WC team better by giving them Nash.
The other option is trading him to a bad team....but thats cruel & unusual punishment and bad PR.

I'd like to see Nash go to a Dallas,Portland etc...he deserves to go out on a good team. Offer Dallas Nash and request pocket lint in return. Thats the right thing to do according to many fans who feel Nash "deserves better."

yeah, take Roddy Beaubois, a first round pick and Brendan Haywood's awful contract (which we could then amnesty) and call it a day.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why must you always demean Nash somewhere in your conversation. We agree that it is past time to trade Nash. It should have been done minimally after the departure of Stoudemire. However, Nash still has residual value to a contender in a trade something like Cheesebeef suggests. Indeed Nash needs to go to a contender for a chance at a championship or a place where he might be comfortable like Toronto. I believe Toronto is a place where Nash might command some value that is a non-contender.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why must you always demean Nash somewhere in your conversation.
You're reaching,and taking my choice of words too personal.

Nash for pocket lint doesn't mean i think Nash is worth pocket lint...it means that the Suns aren't in a position to be picky when looking to move him....so take the first best deal and move on.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're reaching,and taking my choice of words too personal.

Nash for pocket lint doesn't mean i think Nash is worth pocket lint...it means that the Suns aren't in a position to be picky when looking to move him....so take the first best deal and move on.

Maybe there is some agreement here if the wording is tweaked. :D

However, I'm looking forward to many more such conversations if the NBA ever gets going again.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Maybe there is some agreement here if the wording is tweaked. :D

However, I'm looking forward to many more such conversations if the NBA ever gets going again.

I think you should tweak the wording one more time and give him until Monday to agree. Otherwise, you go back to the harsher wording.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's by far the best of the offers you present but it's also the most unrealistic one. No way they'd give up Collison for Nash unless they've determined he'll never be a decent starter in this league.

Steve
You realize its not MY offers right? ESPN just posted that article and I shared it on here. The link is in the original post.

And here's another one for those that care

Another option now available to the Suns would be trading Nash to the Atlanta Hawks for Al Horford (the deal would have to wait until after Jan. 15). Any team could use an All-Star big man like Horford. And how about Nash joining the perpetually point guard-deficient Hawks to throw alley-oops to Josh Smith? (And, um Smith swatting away any opponents who get past Nash and into the paint?) Or Nash driving and kicking to Joe Johnson the way he used to in Phoenix? It could happen, with only Nash and Horford having to change jerseys. It wouldn't be so easy under the old rules. Because Horford's salary jumped more than 20 percent (to $12 million) this season and he would have been considered a base-year compensation player and his value for trade purposes would have been only 50 percent of his salary, or $6 million, not nearly enough to compensate for Nash. Now that rule has been wiped out, so this deal could be done.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/trades-111129/let-wheeling-dealing-begin

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Horford is totally overrated as a player imo. At least at the center position.

Yeah, because he is a PF.
At 6'10 and 235 lb, it is silly to use him as a Center.

He is a solid PF. If Atlanta were stupid enough to trade him for Nash, and Phoenix managed to sign Chris Paul or D. Williams (which may be possible next summer), the Suns would become a very dangerous team.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We would still need much more pieces to be a dangerous team.

Horford is only a slightly above average starting PF in my opinion Anthony Davis, Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones are 3 PFs in the 2012 draft alone that I think are quickly going to be better than Horford.

I dont know that a team of Paul, Horford and Gortat plus whatever pick we have in 2012 is going to challenge any of the big teams right now.

We will need some more talent and depth than that. You have a franchise player there in Paul but no allstar level player to support him.

Plus I think the only slight chance of Paul coming to Phoenix would be if we could offer to sign both Paul and Howard.

The next problem is that Orlando and New Orleans will likely trade Paul and Howard before they become FAs and they might sign extensions then.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Atlanta trades Horford for Nash, they are completely insane.

completely agreed! but if we could make that happen and have a PF-C combo of Hortford/Gortat, that's probably the best defensive/rebounding combo the Suns would ever have and a solid building block for the future.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
completely agreed! but if we could make that happen and have a PF-C combo of Hortford/Gortat, that's probably the best defensive/rebounding combo the Suns would ever have and a solid building block for the future.

Exactly. On top of that, Paul is a very good defender, as is Dudley. Assuming they could find another good defensive SG/SF, that would be a scary defensive team.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Paul being a very good defender is way overstated. Advanced stats and everything pretty much show that defense from the PG position has very very little effect on the team defense.

A good defense is anchored by a big man. Do you think Horford or Gortat are defensive anchors?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul being a very good defender is way overstated. Advanced stats and everything pretty much show that defense from the PG position has very very little effect on the team defense.

A good defense is anchored by a big man. Do you think Horford or Gortat are defensive anchors?

i think they're a solid combo.

and i didn't know you can't amnesty traded players. that throws out pretty much every scenario I came up with.

If we were able to get Horford for Nash and didn't do it, we'd be completely ********. that's so much more than I think we can ever get for a one year, renta-breaking-down-former all star who plays no defense (but that I still love).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose