The only NBA husband who doesn't cheat

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
O’Neal: Suns Hill Only NBA Husband Who Doesn’t Cheat

Opinion by The Daily Heat
(1 Hour Ago) in Sports / NBA

Shaquille O’Neal’s ex-wife, Shaunie, certainly isn’t endearing herself to NBA players with her latest comments while doing an interview on syndicated morning radio show Big Boy’s Neighborhood.

During the show, Shaunie said that infidelity was a common thing among NBA marriages and that she only knew of one particular player who didn’t stray, Phoenix Suns veteran Grant Hill.

“Someone asked me recently if I knew any basketball player who is faithful… I think that I do know one that is faithful. Personally.

“If someone made me bet on who is faithful (in the NBA) I’d say Grant Hill.

She was then asked if she knew any other player who was faithful to his wife.

“I wouldn’t bet (on it). No.”

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/o’neal-suns-hill-only-nba-husband-who-doesn’t-cheat

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

There's a big gap between Shaq and Grant Hill. Despite temptation of sudden millionaires spending a lot of time on the road, I would hope there is more than one NBA player who honors loyalty to his wife.

Actually what she said was that she wouldn't bet that she knew any other player who was faithful to his wife. She didn't say there aren't any. A play on words.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's a big gap between Shaq and Grant Hill. Despite temptation of sudden millionaires spending a lot of time on the road, I would hope there is more than one NBA player who honors loyalty to his wife.

Actually what she said was that she wouldn't bet that she knew any other player who was faithful to his wife. She didn't say there aren't any. A play on words.
Yea I suppose.

But many notable players have been accusued of "cheating", ala Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant maybe even Steve Nash.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I suppose.

But many notable players have been accusued of "cheating", ala Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant maybe even Steve Nash.

Stevie!! I don't think he is that kinda distributor, but one never knows :)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This is Shaunie trying to make herself feel better by claiming that all NBA wives are as shamed as she is. She doesn't have any idea what she's talking about.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life is like a box of chocolates in the NBA. Not making excuses but these players are surrounded by groupies. It takes a strong person to live in a candy shop and not be tempted by the candy.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
This is Shaunie trying to make herself feel better by claiming that all NBA wives are as shamed as she is. She doesn't have any idea what she's talking about.

Dude, if you don't think the vast majority of NBA players cheat idk what to tell you. Read some of the page 2 type stuff about nights out with players...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dude, if you don't think the vast majority of NBA players cheat idk what to tell you.

I'm sure many of them do, but that isn't the point. Shaunie O'Neal is no more of an expert than any random gossip columnist.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Id be willing to make a bet that she knows just as much as some of the boys do.
Yup, i dont see how one can think otherwise. She was married to one of em and still have inside knowledge. Stories are bound to get back to other wives first about a cheating player before the affected spouse even knows, especially if they are on the same team or conference.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yup, i dont see how one can think otherwise. She was married to one of em and still have inside knowledge. Stories are bound to get back to other wives first about a cheating player before the affected spouse even knows, especially if they are on the same team or conference.

There's a whole TV show devoted to this crap called Basketball Wives and it stars Shaunie. I think she knows a thing or three.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The overwhelming majority of baseball players, football players, actors, musicians, and other celebrities do as well. In fact if you have a lot of coin and are fairly attractive or famous no matter how you got there you're more than likely to be cheating on your spouse. Hell, half of America has cheated on their spouse and that's made up of average Joe's with no money or looks.

I have a very close friend who was in charge of groups at the local hotel here in town that most teams in all sports stay at before and after games. Let me tell you - it's a complete free for all.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why get married if you wanna stay single? Especially as a young millionaire.... Stupidest thing ever.

I woulda humped any hot girl that let me if I was that lucky.

Now I'm all grown up and not a horn dog.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Why get married if you wanna stay single? Especially as a young millionaire.... Stupidest thing ever.

I woulda humped any hot girl that let me if I was that lucky.

Now I'm all grown up and not a horn dog.

Yep, just ask Tiger Woods. I assume most do it to be seen as a "family man" and for social status (especially in a conservative sport like golf).

Oh, and for tax purposes, too. :)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Opinion by The Daily Heat
(1 Hour Ago) in Sports / NBA

Shaquille O’Neal’s ex-wife, Shaunie, certainly isn’t endearing herself to NBA players with her latest comments while doing an interview on syndicated morning radio show Big Boy’s Neighborhood.

During the show, Shaunie said that infidelity was a common thing among NBA marriages and that she only knew of one particular player who didn’t stray, Phoenix Suns veteran Grant Hill.

“Someone asked me recently if I knew any basketball player who is faithful… I think that I do know one that is faithful. Personally.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/o’neal-suns-hill-only-nba-husband-who-doesn’t-cheat

Grant totally banged her.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tamia is hot. He doesn't need to go anywhere.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ROFL. Anyone that wants to see sports stars cheating on their wives just needs to go clubbing. They're all out there cheating on their wives, in front of everybody. It's amazing how stupid people are. (and their wives)

When the clubs are open, 100 percent chance a sports celebrity, is cheating on their wife, just in Scottsdale. Some times people don't recognize them, or the less famous ones. But they're there, partying it up, with usually but not always, hot women.

It's amazing how people get surprised at common sense things like this. Like an idiot parent not knowing their children are boning the town. Yep, at about the same rate as NBA players cheating on their wives. Go figure. People don't realize HOW MUCH they act like idiots. How much they refuse to face. The average person is far more idiotic than the average person thinks. What should be obvious, rarely is.

It's a meat market out there, and you only know 1/10000000th of what goes on right around you. Good thing this idiocy doesn't translate elsewhere like politics or business. Whew.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Well, it stands to reason that sports stars who are out clubbing are more than likely looking for action. But some of them stay home.

Again, I'm not disputing that most athletes cheat, only that Shaunie O'Neal has some sort of special insight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose