The Manchester United FC thread

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First game: Monday vs Newcastle.

Rooney's been in bad form lately, maybe we can see some more face goals :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can we have this thread shut down right now?!

This is worse than having a thread dedicated to the Cowboys or Spurs. I'm sick just thinking about them.
I also think any self respecting man u fan (yes, there are some out there) would cringe at the idea of adding the FC on the end. I know it's in the name but you just don't do it in football.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I need a spot where I can spew some chicharito love without upsetting the yanks though.

Hopefully JH14 can continue his trend of a goal per game for manU today. :)

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Feisty bunch! :-D

I might catch up to Sinslin in terms of popularity on this board. Good thing Gr0000vy will join me in here

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chicharito isn't starting. Better get used to it. Nice to be on the bandwagon, but you have to be realistic. Becoming a "fan" of the most evil team in the world simply because of a single player who probably won't play all that much? Good call.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Chicharito isn't starting. Better get used to it. Nice to be on the bandwagon, but you have to be realistic. Becoming a "fan" of the most evil team in the world simply because of a single player who probably won't play all that much? Good call.

Well, second-most Evil. Real Madrid is the Great Satan of football.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Man U 2-0 NUFC nearing halftime. The Mags look completely overmatched, though to be fair, a lot of teams are going to look that way at Old Trafford this season.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Woah woah woah, were not talking about Jozy Altidore here. Chicharitos actually got some talent. At 22, I'm not expecting him to be a starter. A jump from Mexican League to EPL will take some adjusting, but he's got all the tools to be successful and get some regular playing time. I see him netting around 5-10 goals this year.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well what do you know, Hernandez in for Rooney at the '63rd. You mad, Chaplin?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well what do you know, Hernandez in for Rooney at the '63rd. You mad, Chaplin?

No of course I'm not mad.

What I find ridiculous is your bandwagoning, that's all. He gets a good 25 minutes against newly-promoted Newcastle. With a lead. Besides Rooney, who else do you know on Manchester United? I hate that team and I bet I know more of the players on it than you do. I don't blame you for liking Chicharito, I think he's a great player too, but he would have been better served on a team like Everton or Fulham where he could start full-time in the EPL. Also, if Rooney actually was fit (which he isn't), there's no way he would have been taken out that early, even in a 2-nil game.

Let's talk when he starts for ManU against Chelsea, Arsenal or ManCity.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No of course I'm not mad.

What I find ridiculous is your bandwagoning, that's all. He gets a good 25 minutes against newly-promoted Newcastle. With a lead.

Let's talk when he starts for ManU against Chelsea, Arsenal or ManCity.
Yup.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol I didn't just find out about ManU bc they went out and got Chicharito. I disliked them and Ronaldo before the signing. As long as they keep playing Hernandez, I will continue to root for them.

For what its worth, Chicharitos already played vs Chelsea (and scored.) I'm on my phone right now, but ill link you to some footage of him doing some work without the ball to create opportunities. Reasons he'll end up getting some good playing time. Didn't score today, but him stealing the ball from the defender set up Giggs' goal. Its his first year, I know the starts won't be many, but he's already proved he can hang with the big boys. Being clocked the fastest player in the world cup, and tearing through some good ring through some solid defenses like Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Chelsea has given him a pretty good level of credibility.

If you don't like him now, I'd hate to see what you'll think of him when he's shooting goals through Howards net.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you don't like him now, I'd hate to see what you'll think of him when he's shooting goals through Howards net.

Hmm, where did I say I don't like him? I never said that, in fact, I said I thought he is a great player. At least you admit you hated ManU before Chicharito and like them now. There was a guy named Andrew on the Suns board and you have become him. ;)

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very funny.

I don't particularly have a favorite club, I happen to root for the ones where MxNT players play in. So I root for ManU (Hernandez) Tott(Dos Dantos) Celtic (Juarez) Barca (Dos Santos) Arsenal (Vela) PSV (Osorio/Rodriguez) and AZ Alkmaar (Moreno), the better they do at the highest level of club competition, the stronger the MXNT will be.. Similar to how most US fans rooted for Fulham back in the day when they had a couple USNT players. Don't know how you're an Arsenal, Barca, Juve fan when there isn't a single USNT player on their rosters, but that's your decision. Since international competition is my favorite to watch, seeing them play in clubs gives me something to watch in between intl competitions. I never claimed to be a diehard ManU fan, I said ill support them as long as they keep playing Hernandez.

Since I didn't wanna make a Chicharito Thread, I figured I'd make a thread about the team he plays in. :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manchester United have apparently set up a call center for fans who are troubled by their current form.

The number is 1-800-101010.

Calls charged at peak rate for overseas users.

Once again the number is

1-800 won nothing won nothing won nothing.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very funny.

I don't particularly have a favorite club, I happen to root for the ones where MxNT players play in. So I root for ManU (Hernandez) Tott(Dos Dantos) Celtic (Juarez) Barca (Dos Santos) Arsenal (Vela) PSV (Osorio/Rodriguez) and AZ Alkmaar (Moreno), the better they do at the highest level of club competition, the stronger the MXNT will be.. Similar to how most US fans rooted for Fulham back in the day when they had a couple USNT players. Don't know how you're an Arsenal, Barca, Juve fan when there isn't a single USNT player on their rosters, but that's your decision. Since international competition is my favorite to watch, seeing them play in clubs gives me something to watch in between intl competitions. I never claimed to be a diehard ManU fan, I said ill support them as long as they keep playing Hernandez.

Since I didn't wanna make a Chicharito Thread, I figured I'd make a thread about the team he plays in. :)

You need to get one of these so everyone will know what team you root for.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Very funny.

Well, I am a Galaxy fan. I love the international game, but I am a huge, huge fan of club soccer--and I love watching it. Just because Jozy is on Villareal doesn't make them a favorite team. They just aren't good, and I like to watch good teams--since really, the USMNT isn't that good.

I like Dempsey and Cherundolo and Bradley, of course, but that doesn't mean I have to like Fulham, Hannover or Munchengladbach.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha, so you jumped on board when you saw the clubs do well. I didn't say ManU was my favorite team bc JH played there. I said I'd root for them to do well so JH can play at higher levels and be more effective for the MXNT. Same w the other teams I listed.

If Villareal were fighting for a Champions League spot, I'm sure you'd root for them to get as far as possible so Jozy could develop into a better player vs tougher competition.