Chris Young 3 HR's

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The majority of us have brutally ripped him (well deserved) for the entire season, but it was good to see him have such a big day. I am happy for him.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm glad for Chris, but it's still just one game. I do think it's poetic justice that this occurs immediately after a certain whining thread was justifiably closed.

Artist's rendition of the most frequent contributor to the thread in question:

"Why is Chris Young still in the majors???????????"

You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Funny enough the emotion I am feeling is happiness for a multi million dollar athlete because of all the scorn he recieves from one obssessed fan in particular. :)

Good for Chris.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I know he is genuinely upset about his performance this season. My hope is that a game like this where he put the bat on the ball three times in one game translates into future success for him. Like it or not, he is going to be on this team for a while. We might as well expect the worst and hope for the best.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's the deal, he is the proverbial "flash in the pan" player. Today was a great game but its sad when we are schocked when he he does well and have come to expect him to underachieve. I would be happy with Young if he would become the Juan Pierre of his Marlin years. Play exceptional defense, steal bases, become more of a contact hitter and lead off threat. Those 30 HR's are his Luis Gonzalez career HR year, I would be happy if he hit .290 w/15 HR's a year rather than .220 with 30 HR's.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Great day for CY, for sure. From here, his swing seemed a lot better and his eyes were tracking the pitch the whole way. I hope he can keep up the good momentum through the rest of the season and take a good mindset into the offseason.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The ultimate trap player... This is par for the course for CY, and why the D-backs got suckered into dishing the contract they gave Young. My only hope is that he continues this hot streak long enough to create some serious interest from other teams, and Byrnes and Co wise up and secure a respectable trade.

Go CY!!

:D

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Chris Young sucks, one flash in the pan game at Coors Field in which we lost big doesn't change that for me. Besides, he went 3-3 and is still batting under .200

am i missing something?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Chris Young sucks, one flash in the pan game at Coors Field in which we lost big doesn't change that for me. Besides, he went 3-3 and is still batting under .200

am i missing something?

You're one of the few who don't fall into the trap... :thumbup:

No ones sending him to the HOF. Can you give the guy his day? I am not sure where either of you read he is turned the corner and is going to be a superstar from this point on.

But cut him some slack. You would be killing him if he had a golden sombrero OR if he hit 3 home runs. He can't win with you haters.

Give it a rest if only today.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're one of the few who don't fall into the trap... :thumbup:

Nobody fell into any trap. I think people on here are happy for CY if only to show you up a little. CY is to Brian St Pierre as you are to Mitch.

Digest that a bit and I bet you think a little differently....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No ones sending him to the HOF. Can you give the guy his day? I am not sure where either of you read he is turned the corner and is going to be a superstar from this point on.

But cut him some slack. You would be killing him if he had a golden sombrero OR if he hit 3 home runs. He can't win with you haters.

Thank you! Nicely stated

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score

no I wouldn't, I would be unfazed if he struck out 3 times. Grace has even said it, Young is completely guessing at the plate. he guessed right 3 times. I believe the saying is Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
no I wouldn't, I would be unfazed if he struck out 3 times. Grace has even said it, Young is completely guessing at the plate. he guessed right 3 times. I believe the saying is Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Come on, get over yourself. There have only been 3 home runs hit in a game 250 times in the National League in well over 100 YEARS prior to Chris Young's effort

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_hitters_with_three_home_runs_in_one_game

If it's so "lucky" to guess 3 times in a game, why was it only done 250 times before??????????

OP
OP
binkar

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No one here is claiming that this one game makes Chris Young a great player, and that we all love him.

It's a simple acknowledgement of a single great game from CY. Can't you just acknowledge that 3 HR's is a special performance and leave it at that? I don't understand how that is falling into a trap.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one here is claiming that this one game makes Chris Young a great player, and that we all love him.

It's a simple acknowledgement of a single great game from CY. Can't you just acknowledge that 3 HR's is a special performance and leave it at that? I don't understand how that is falling into a trap.

Exactly. I mean, he could be hitting .002 and have 60 errors and it would still be a great DAY in the midst of a horrible SEASON.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Do you think that Chris Young's 3 HR game is the worst thing that could happen to his development? It only reinforces him trying to put every ball into the air. And that has ruined his career. Infield popups. Foul popups.

Despite four HR's, the D'backs get blown away, but CY's post-game comments are about Matt Herges throwing him fastballs in his final at-bat, challenging him to hit another one out.

Does he think he's going to get a steady diet of fastballs going forward?

Chris Young's performance suggests that he belongs on a cellar dwelling team where personal glory once in a blue moon defines success.

But y'know what? If the three HR's showcase him for a trade to one of those teams, it will have been a good thing.

Here's hoping.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Keep the HR's coming, CY.

Hey, GM's. Are you watching? :wave:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nobody fell into any trap. I think people on here are happy for CY if only to show you up a little. CY is to Brian St Pierre as you are to Mitch.

Digest that a bit and I bet you think a little differently....

Show me up? LMAO!!

The dude once hit 32 HR's in a season. And yet, I still said he sucks and that he is the perfect trap. Hell, shortly after hitting those 32 dingers (while putting up a .237 Batting Avg. and .295 OBP), the D-backs dumped about $6 million per into his lap! A trap...

You're about as distant from my position on CY as he is from being a legit major league Centerfielder...

Now, how 'bout you digest that a bit and I bet you think a little differently...

OP
OP
binkar

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are we really not all in agreement that 3 HR's is a special game? The point of this thread was to acknowledge that, not to have a "Chris Young sucks thread". Is there really anymore to say about how bad Young sucks after that 8 (or so) page thread?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are we really not all in agreement that 3 HR's is a special game? The point of this thread was to acknowledge that, not to have a "Chris Young sucks thread". Is there really anymore to say about how bad Young sucks after that 8 (or so) page thread?

I thought so myself... apparently this can easily be accomplished by guessing correctly 3 times in a game. ...or a player's season statistics up to that point must be weighted against the feat for it to have any relevance

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have removed the insults from this thread. As I am not a moderator in this forum, I will not be issuing any bans, but those may come from the appropriate sources.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey, how about 4 HR in 2 games? Drove in the only runs the DBacks were able to score in yesterday's game.