UoP Stadium - Build it Bigger - Science Channel

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Just as a heads up, the science channel occasionally repeats the hourlong Build it Bigger episode where they go over the construction of University of Phoenix stadium.

They are replaying it tonight from 1-2 am central std. time.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I've missed it other nights, but won't tonight. ;)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the one done on Cowboys Stadium last night.

They referenced UoP stadium as one of the buildings Jerry Jones used when coming up with the design of his new stadium. Jerry Jones having to take ideas from the Cardinals. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I must admit that their new stadium looks amazing.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From the title of this thread, I thought the Science Channel was suggesting that the Cardinals did not build the stadium big enough.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I hate that little twerp Danny - the host. The workers should have pushed him off the roof when he was up there, then made him ride the ball on the way down. Would have been funny to see him scream like a little girl.

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do love what it has done for us.

You must be registered for see images attach

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
^ It's been unreal, a complete 180 from years past. It's pretty cool to hear opponents say UoP is the loudest stadium they've ever played in. Nice to know that I, and thousands of others, can contribute positively when sauced.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I like that it seats just 23 thousand fewer than the new Cowboy's digs, but cost less thaf half of Jerry Jones' cost to build his.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I find it amazing that after all these years that right after they built it they make it to the Super Bowl.

Seems like it is lucky, which is good.

I know the history well enough to know absent Michael this would not have been possible, so thanks again Michael, I'm glad you came along.

I'm also happy for the local fans, it's wonderfull to see the team get real support, and to see the loyal fans get rewarded with a worthy football stadium.

It's not going to be the biggest, maybe not the best but it's home and it's a keeper..:thumbup:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I like that it seats just 23 thousand fewer than the new Cowboy's digs, but cost less thaf half of Jerry Jones' cost to build his.

Actually, UOP Stadium is cheaper by almost two thirds of the cost of Cowboys Stadium.

And, standard capacity is only 15G less (65,000 vs. 80,000).

:)

(Howz that naming rights thing workin' out for ya Jerry?)