Official Italian Serie A Thread

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Should get some traction on this one, a lot of Roma fans here! Oh, and maybe an Inter here or there. As for me...

Serie A Team: Juventus

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I always knew I liked you Chap.....

FORZA JUVE!!!!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Chap, I don't know how closely you follow the team....but its going to be a lot of fun watching Giovinco this year. Kid scored an absolute blast from about 25 out in the Olympic match against Honduras. I would really love them to be able to get a better left back, but it's not looking very likely right now.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap, I don't know how closely you follow the team....but its going to be a lot of fun watching Giovinco this year. Kid scored an absolute blast from about 25 out in the Olympic match against Honduras. I would really love them to be able to get a better left back, but it's not looking very likely right now.

I would love to follow them closely, if I can, but it's tough. Right now, of the 4 European teams I chose to follow, it looks like Arsenal will be the most accessible, since FSC plays a lot of EPL. Gol plays a bunch of Barca, so I hope to have some La Liga stuff to watch too. My only worry is Serie A and Bundesliga.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I would love to follow them closely, if I can, but it's tough. Right now, of the 4 European teams I chose to follow, it looks like Arsenal will be the most accessible, since FSC plays a lot of EPL. Gol plays a bunch of Barca, so I hope to have some La Liga stuff to watch too. My only worry is Serie A and Bundesliga.

They show Bundesliga games on Gol TV and Serie A is on FSC.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score

They show Bundesliga games on Gol TV and Serie A is on FSC.

Yup, I was able to watch all but 3 Juventus games last year on FSC. Usually they are all live on Saturday and Sunady morning as well. It was tough 2 years ago when they were down in B and I couldn't watch any games. If you dont get FSC let me know and I can shoot you a couple links to look at to find streams of the Juventus games during the season.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yup, I was able to watch all but 3 Juventus games last year on FSC. Usually they are all live on Saturday and Sunady morning as well. It was tough 2 years ago when they were down in B and I couldn't watch any games. If you dont get FSC let me know and I can shoot you a couple links to look at to find streams of the Juventus games during the season.

Nah, I got them. The only channel I don't get is Setanta, and I understand between FSC and Setanta, almost every EPL game gets televised.

I've already set up my TIVO to record everything for my 4 teams, so I've already seen some good matches from last season--for 3 of my 4 teams (Bayern Munich hasn't gotten a lot of play this summer).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
No thread for French Soccer?

I'll admit I've only watched French teams play during UEFA Cup or Champions League but with Freddy Adu there I'll be watching Monaco whenever I get the chance.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Juve with a solid 4-0 victory for their opening match in Champions League qualifying. Great goal by Del Piero

Right about the :38 mark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Juve's going to be pretty good this year. Aren't they playing Inter really early in the season? Talk about a huge game...

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I am excited about them this year. If Claudio Ranieri will take some chances and play a few games with 3 up top I think this team could be scary with DP-Trez-Amauri up there. Its gonna be fun though, hopefully Giovinco will develop into the player the world thinks he will be.

As far as Inter its looking like we actually don't play them till later in the season,

23/11/2008 h. 15.00 - Inter v Juventus - 19/04/2009 h. 15.00

http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_calendario.asp

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am excited about them this year. If Claudio Ranieri will take some chances and play a few games with 3 up top I think this team could be scary with DP-Trez-Amauri up there. Its gonna be fun though, hopefully Giovinco will develop into the player the world thinks he will be.

As far as Inter its looking like we actually don't play them till later in the season,

23/11/2008 h. 15.00 - Inter v Juventus - 19/04/2009 h. 15.00

http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_calendario.asp

I must have confused it with Fiorentina in the opener.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Juve v Inter tomorrow at 12:30 AZ time on FSC. Huge battle for the top of the table.

FORZA JUVE!!!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Just about time for Serie A to start up again.

Juve taking on Chievo next Sunday to start off the season. We really need to get off to a good start this year to set ourselves up for the first leg against Inter on December 6th. Last year Inter just got too far out front early when Juve was dealing with injuries to Buffon and the entire back 4. If we get out to a fast start I think the Scudetto is ours...but without that I still have to give the edge to Inter as much as it pains me. They have won 4 straight and even though they lost Ibra, Eto should fill in nicely....the championship will have to be taken back from the Nerazzurri. FORZA JUVE!

Proj Top 8:

Internazionale
Juventus
Roma
AC Milan
Udinese
Fiorentina
Genoa
Palermo

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just about time for Serie A to start up again.

Juve taking on Chievo next Sunday to start off the season. We really need to get off to a good start this year to set ourselves up for the first leg against Inter on December 6th. Last year Inter just got too far out front early when Juve was dealing with injuries to Buffon and the entire back 4. If we get out to a fast start I think the Scudetto is ours...but without that I still have to give the edge to Inter as much as it pains me. They have won 4 straight and even though they lost Ibra, Eto should fill in nicely....the championship will have to be taken back from the Nerazzurri. FORZA JUVE!

Proj Top 8:

Internazionale
Juventus
Roma
AC Milan
Udinese
Fiorentina
Genoa
Palermo

Have you seen any preseason Juve games? I've seen a few Inter games and they weren't as impressive as a championship side should be. Of course, it's preseason, but I like Juve's chances.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Have you seen any preseason Juve games? I've seen a few Inter games and they weren't as impressive as a championship side should be. Of course, it's preseason, but I like Juve's chances.

Ya I watched all of the TIM matches as well as a couple of their friendlies. The additions of Diego and Melo are really going to help this team. We have lacked a lot of creative play outside of Del Piero...and they will allow us to be a lot more attack oriented this year. Now if only the back 4 can realize that just because Buffon is back in net they can't half ass things like they did after he came back. If the back 4 plays like they did when Manninger was in goal for an entire season we will run away with the Scudetto...otherwise I think it will be a real battle with Inter till the end.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I would think Cannavaro will really, really help that back 4. Don't you?

I dunno, he isn't nearly the quality CB he used to be. Legrottaglie has actually looked a lot better in the middle paired with Chiellini so far in the friendlies. The fact that we went out and brought Caceres in from Barcelona makes me feel like that they still want more help in the middle. But if Canna can regain his form anywhere near what it was 2 years ago him and Chiellini will form an amazing center defense for us.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Inter have always been my fav team outside the UK. Glad to see them finally have a bit of domination after not having the greatest success in the 90s.

AussieCardinal

Looking for a Green Card
Reaction score
Roma fan here. Anything better then last year is what I'm hoping for. As for Giovinco he is awesome. I really hope he has a great season, so hopefully he can play a major role once the World Cup rolls around.

I know this is a Serie A thread, but special shout out to my one true love Pescara.

FORZA PESCARA! Lets get back to the Serie B this season.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Well great start to the season for Juve. Solid win vs Chievo Verona and Inter with the draw at home vs Bari. Would have liked more goals after Iaquinta put it in the back of the net just 11 min in, but still 3pts and Inter losing 2 at home is a great weekend.

As far as the team, Diego is gonna be huge for us this year. He brings such creativity to the midfield as created numerous chances in his first Serie A match. Also loved the fact that Ferrara subbed him out with 3 min left so he could get a standing O for his first match for Juve. Without Del Piero, Sissoko, and Camoranesi in the lineup I am very happy with how the team played. Canna looked a lot better on the back line today than he has looked in any of the friendlies this year. If he can regain any of the form he had for the 06 World Cup the middle of our back line will be one of the best if not the best in the world. This is as excited as I have been about Juve in a while...I really think we have a squad that can make a run in both Serie A and Champions League this year. A win @ Roma next week would be huge.

Also, for those who don't have the ability to watch any matches on TV, this site does a great job of streaming them live. http://www.atdhe.net/

FORZA JUVE!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
DIEGO!!! Just 25 min in against Roma and he scores his first goal for us. We are a completely different team with him in trequirista roll.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose