Offseason Tailgate food suggestions...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...I'm THAT bored already in the offseason. I keep finding myself thinking about tailgating and what sorts of food to have next year.

I've already decided that corn on the cob WILL be at one of our tailgates...maybe preseason so it's still in season. :) So easy to make ahead & keep hot. What we will have with is up for debate.

Any suggestions?

I know I'll be making chili at some point...that's going to become tradition. I will be trying different corn bread recipes between now & then to get a really good one to go with.

What are some of you guys' favorite tailgate meals??

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...I'm THAT bored already in the offseason. I keep finding myself thinking about tailgating and what sorts of food to have next year.

I've already decided that corn on the cob WILL be at one of our tailgates...maybe preseason so it's still in season. :) So easy to make ahead & keep hot. What we will have with is up for debate.

F that Linder. We will bring the deep fryer and boil water and corn and other veggies in it. :cheers:

I am ramping up beer production.

My dream is to produce enough beer over the summer and fall to keep us drunk for all 10 games. :thud:

OP
OP
Linderbee

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F that Linder. We will bring the deep fryer and boil water and corn and other veggies in it.
Sounds good.

abomb said:
:cheers:

I am ramping up beer production.

My dream is to produce enough beer over the summer and fall to keep us drunk for all 10 games. :thud:
:thumbup: I could go for that. :D

Food suggestions???

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good.

:thumbup: I could go for that. :D

Food suggestions???

Jason's NYC chicken thingies were awesome, as was the Thanksgiving spread.

Have you mastered the Philly yet? I've had a couple the past few weeks and want to try making them again.

I wonder if we could make tailgate food based on what teams we are playing this year.

STL - BBQ Beef
SF -
SEA -
DAL -
NYG - NY-style Pizza
MIA - Cuban Jerk Chicken
BUF - Wings!
MIN -

OP
OP
Linderbee

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you mastered the Philly yet? I've had a couple the past few weeks and want to try making them again.

I wonder if we could make tailgate food based on what teams we are playing this year.

STL - BBQ Beef
SF -
SEA -
DAL -
NYG - NY-style Pizza
MIA - Cuban Jerk Chicken
BUF - Wings!
MIN -
I haven't even attempted a Philly...but I LOVE, absolutely LOVE the idea of themed tailgates based on the teams...I think Dallas should be chili week. Chili is a Texas thing...

Hot dogs for SF?? :D Lots of weiner eating going on in SF...

OP
OP
Linderbee

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clam Chowder and Sourdough bread. For SF.

Seattle would have to be a clam bake.
New England Clam Chowder for SF? Or Manhattan Clam Chowder??

Just bustin' your chops a little...:) When I first read it I thought that was a great idea, and I love clam chowder so much that I can practice making it plenty between now & then to get it right! :)

I don't remember which side of this abomb & Donald were on, but I will get some GREAT sourdough bread bowls for that.

MMMMMmmmmm...clam bake....

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember which side of this abomb & Donald were on, but I will get some GREAT sourdough bread bowls for that.

We are two seperate people. ;)

IIRC, Donald LOVES breadbowls while A-Bomb thinks they are good, but overrated.

OP
OP
Linderbee

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are two seperate people. ;)

IIRC, Donald LOVES breadbowls while A-Bomb thinks they are good, but overrated.
lol...I thought that both of you thought they were overrated.

I know you're separate people...dcr-linder is the only joint person on the board now!! :)

Well, if you think they're good, then that's all I need to know.

I may try making them myself. I soooo miss being a baker.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For Miami, you do the cubano sandwich. Roast pork, ham, cheese, may, pickles. One of the best sandwiches ever. But you could also grill some Mahi Mahi, otherwise known as Dolphin.... (fish, not the mammal)

Seattle should be coffee themed, duh.

OP
OP
Linderbee

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Miami, you do the cubano sandwich. Roast pork, ham, cheese, may, pickles. One of the best sandwiches ever. But you could also grill some Mahi Mahi, otherwise known as Dolphin.... (fish, not the mammal)

Some sort of coffee flavored dessert could be in order...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

STL - BBQ Beef
SF -
SEA -
DAL -
NYG - NY-style Pizza
MIA - Cuban Jerk Chicken
BUF - Wings!
MIN -

One word, Steak-umm's

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offseason tailgate food suggestions? Who tailgates in the offseason?

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

Booo......

The Pacific Northwest was always famous for their Shellfish and Cranberries long before that anti-christ of an establishment Starbucks ever disgraced this planet with their presence.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Booo......

The Pacific Northwest was always famous for their Shellfish and Cranberries long before that anti-christ of an establishment Starbucks ever disgraced this planet with their presence.

Well Duh, Heu. And believe me, I aint talkin about starbucks. Im talking about a seriously coffee crazed town that gave rise to starbucks. They were coffee freaks before Starbucks pushed its way to the front of the line.

By the way, that whole throwing fish thing that they're popular for in Seattle? That really pisses me off. I cant think of a worse way to treat fish...

Cranberries, now that I had no idea about. But really, you wanna party with cranberries for a tailgate party? Everyone will think y'all have urinary tract infections...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bout a coffee, chili, and cocoa rubbed pork tenderloin, grilled to medium rare, served with a cranberry chutney?
Schutd, lost me at the cranberry chutney. Serious overkill. Pork tenderloin is awesome. Does it really need coffee, chili, and cocoa, and cranberry chutney?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Schutd, lost me at the cranberry chutney. Serious overkill. Pork tenderloin is awesome. Does it really need coffee, chili, and cocoa, and cranberry chutney?

The coffee chili cocoa is a dry rub. Its a classic. SOme cat down in TX started doing it back in the 80's. Its not groundbreaking or anything, but its effin delicious. The cranberry chutney was just a nod to the NW. And pork tenderloin LOVES chutneys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose