The Amazing Race 12

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seemed like it to me too but that is what Phil said when they reached the mat, that they were a full three hours behind the team before them. Not sure about the time between them and Christina and Daddy but you only have to not be last on the next leg.

Agreed my girlfriend and I were also surprised that he said 3 hours and we both instantly assumed that early in the next leg all the teams would wind up caught up because of some not open until 7 am or something deal like they always do.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am SO GLAD Nate and Jen got eliminated!!! I could not stand her psychotic whining any more. Geesh! You're in a race. People will catch up. Relax already.

I like all three teams that are still in it. Am looking forward to the finale.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I am SO GLAD Nate and Jen got eliminated!!! I could not stand her psychotic whining any more. Geesh! You're in a race. People will catch up. Relax already.

Exactly, any of the remaining teams can win now and I will consider it a good race. I am still pulling for TK and Rachel but the other two have learned along the way and are just as deserving.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ditto!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I was so happy they lost and are gone. That ending was priceless too she says they ruined their relationship, he starts crying then says "Darn it" really loud and she hugs him and jumps up on him. Great tv.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Anybody but the Asian father & daughter...the daughter is OK but the dad needs a good smack upside the head.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was so glad that Nate and Jen lost - and never came in first, on any leg.

I would be happy with any of the three remaining teams winning.

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
If any of the detours or road blocks involve physical stamina or speed...then TK and Rachel should have a pretty good advantage over the other teams.

I think I will do a shot everytime that Ron moans about his hernia.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
If any of the detours or road blocks involve physical stamina or speed...then TK and Rachel should have a pretty good advantage over the other teams.

A new and interesting drinking game!

Historically the last leg is a rush and find kind of thing, the detours and roadblocks being a bit calmer. In the past once the teams get back to US stuff speeds up and most stops are a foot race.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it involves using your brain at all TK and Rachel are DONE! They are stupid and have been bad at most challenge and got way behind yet, they make the final show becuase the BS catch ups at every turn in this race. I hate that about this show, if your good and get a big lead it doesn't matter they always make the crappy teams catch up. All 3 of the final teams suck, can't really root for any of them to win, may not even watch at this point. I just hate when the better competitors get kicked off and the teams or people that suck get to continue, kinda like the last survivor.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If it involves using your brain at all TK and Rachel are DONE! They are stupid and have been bad at most challenge and got way behind yet, they make the final show becuase the BS catch ups at every turn in this race. I hate that about this show, if your good and get a big lead it doesn't matter they always make the crappy teams catch up. All 3 of the final teams suck, can't really root for any of them to win, may not even watch at this point. I just hate when the better competitors get kicked off and the teams or people that suck get to continue, kinda like the last survivor.

Wow..negative Nelly. TK & Rachel were my favorite team with the brother & sister from the beginning, they don't whine or pout or fight with each other..its great to see.

Who in your opinion were the better competitors?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was so glad that Nate and Jen lost - and never came in first, on any leg.

I had forgotten about that! Serves them right for all the bitching and whining. She was so obnoxious. How that guy puts up with her is beyond me.

Sweet! I have off on Monday, so I am down with this!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Woohoo! The right team won. They had to be the nicest team 5throughout the race. They never bitched at each other, never fought with the other teams, they just ran their own race and came out on top...good for them, hopefully the money doesn't change them

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! The right team won. They had to be the nicest team 5throughout the race. They never bitched at each other, never fought with the other teams, they just ran their own race and came out on top...good for them, hopefully the money doesn't change them

Race over here - as I said before, I liked all three of the teams, so any winning was fine - and yes, they did great!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My full recap is up on my blog, great finale guys...the team I wanted to win did...so that's cool.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I liked about this finale is that it didn't come down to dumb luck or one team having a home advantage or anything like that. You essentially had all 3 teams in the same place and whoever solved the thing first was going to win.

Sure the forgetting the bag set back the grandfather and grandson team but it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to get the last thing right first anyways he just didn't have the memory for it. But it basically came down to whichever team got that first won.

Another good season.

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the very odd comment Ron made at the very end? He basically said that he felt he could now tell his daughter he loved her and really mean it. I think he was trying to be nice...and it sounded that way, but what the way he phrased it was really brutal and made it sound like he never loved her until now.

I am glad TK and Rachel one...I really liked their attitude throughout the game.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the very odd comment Ron made at the very end? He basically said that he felt he could now tell his daughter he loved her and really mean it. I think he was trying to be nice...and it sounded that way, but what the way he phrased it was really brutal and made it sound like he never loved her until now.

I think it just came out wrong. He has probably always loved his daughter; he just sees her in a new light now and loves her all the more.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty lame finale. I guess at least the annoying teams of punk kid & grandpa or jerk dad and daughter didn't win. I rather enjoy when you actually have really competitive teams rather than the lame ones that snuck into this finale. Hopefully next season is way better than this one.