Networking thread

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when this topic would come up again. It's been, what? 3 months since we've had a rousing discussion about medieval armor? 'bout time.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when this topic would come up again. It's been, what? 3 months since we've had a rousing discussion about medieval armor? 'bout time.

The more important question is can you dial a payphone while wearing a suit of medieval armor? I have always wondered that. :shrug:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about cleaning my suit of armor. Is it generally dry clean only or can I just throw it in the wash?
If you have that special teflon coating (really nice for getting out those pesky blood/grass/coffee stains), you can just put it in the dishwasher. Otherwise, I'd go with dry clean.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more important question is can you dial a payphone while wearing a suit of medieval armor? I have always wondered that. :shrug:

Hell, I'd like to see a picture of said payphone.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swam (read: got pushed in a moat) in my suit and it rusted. :(

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My name is Bryan St. George and I have a San Diego based mortgage company, Ascension Lending. We have our ad on the home page (Thanks Chandler Mike). We lend nationwide and offer $500 off closing costs to all ASFN members. All our contact info is on the website or you can email me directly at [email protected]

We do residential, commercial, and equity based lending.

Thanks.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A New Career for AW...PEO

Well, I recently made the switch from Mortgages and Real Estate to working with the largest PEO in Arizona, Diversified Human Resources. (Had a great time doing mortgages for nearly 6 years, but man, the market is just awful right now).

Anyway, if anyone knows of a business owner or IS a business owner that could use our services, please let me know.

In a nutshell, we're like Paychex or ADP but on HGH. We not only handle the payroll but partner with the business owner to provide employee benefits (401k, health, dental, vision, etc) that they otherwise couldn't afford, worker's comp, risk management, employee handbooks, recruiting, training, helping keep the compliant with state and federal regulations as well as reduce the employment exposure by assuming the liability for the unemployment taxes.

So, we basically give small to medium sized businesses a corporate sized HR Department that also assumes some liability at the fraction of the cost of hiring just 1 part time HR person.

If you know anyone that could use a service like ours, please contact me through PM or:

[email protected] or call me at (602)509-4220

Adam

GreenCard

Reaction score
I am opening a cat house -- will be running it by hand until I get some girls.
icon10.gif

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
For those of you who own a small business or who handle IT/Tech stuff, or sell it I am am the pricing and support manager for a nationwide telecommunications consulting firm. Basically, we have a direct agreement with every major provide of voice/data/cellular services nationwide. Because of this, we save almost every business we work with time and money, and we're also an objective opinion that provides support through the life of the contract.

Please let me know if this is of use for you or your clients. We have many people who make nice money on the side referring business to us.

Last edited:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Custom Electric Guitars and Hand Wound Pickups

Just found this thread, so I thought i'd share what I do. I build custom electric guitars (Acoustics too) as well as custom wind all types of electric guitar pickups. Things have been taking off a little more as of late, but it's still in the beginning stages. If you know anyone who is interested, please help pass the word along. We're also looking for dealers as well, so if any of you know some good AZ music stores worth targeting, let me know.

www.porterguitars.com
www.porterpickups.com

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This thread should really get more run but...

I partnered up with a former employee of mine to start a new biz maintaining and repairing pools. I'm handling the marketing end of it while he's out doing the work. Been just a few weeks and already he's working a bunch of accounts.

www.mostvaluablepropertyservices.com

Also going to be starting up a consulting side deal sometime soon helping small family run companies in the labor/construction field improve their revenue which I'll post here.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for some free publicity for your charity or business?

I have more than 10 years experience in strategic planning, crisis management, media relations, special events planning and copywriting. I can assist you with news releases, special events, websites, brochures, direct mail pieces, newsletters and advertisements.

I am offering my services pro bono since I have been out of the field for a few years and am trying to build up my resume again. If you can be somewhat flexible (I teach special education during the day), then I would be happy to help you. Writing samples and references available, if desired.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

I have more than 10 years experience in strategic planning, crisis management, media relations, special events planning and copywriting. I can assist you with news releases, special events, websites, brochures, direct mail pieces, newsletters and advertisements.

I am offering my services pro bono since I have been out of the field for a few years and am trying to build up my resume again. If you can be somewhat flexible (I teach special education during the day), then I would be happy to help you. Writing samples and references available, if desired.

I don't need your services, but are you looking only in the AZ area? Or are you considering a move back east?

Just curious.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I'm working on a Charity Golf Tournament. We need help marketing to potential players and sponsors. Think you could help out? PM me your email address and I'll send you our Brochure.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
This thread never gets used, but I'll throw some advertising in for myself.

I'm an insurance broker that sells personal auto, home and business/commercial insurance. I recently saved Linderbee and Dreamcast some money on their auto and home insurance. My philosophy is that it never hurts to check it out, especially if you've had the same carrier for a while. If you own a business, you should let me take a look at your GL, Property and workers comp insurance (and whatever else you have).

Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He actually saved us a good chunk of money, and the whole process was ALMOST painless! ;)

I do personally recommend giving him a call; can't hurt to see if he can do better for you.

Reaction score
This thread never gets used, but I'll throw some advertising in for myself.

I'm an insurance broker that sells personal auto, home and business/commercial insurance. I recently saved Linderbee and Dreamcast some money on their auto and home insurance. My philosophy is that it never hurts to check it out, especially if you've had the same carrier for a while. If you own a business, you should let me take a look at your GL, Property and workers comp insurance (and whatever else you have).

Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look.

Bryan, I'll contact you next week. I'd like to see if I can get cheaper auto insurance. With 4 cars & 2 daughters living at home it's pretty pricey. :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose