Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > NAU and All Non-Arizona College Sports

Old April 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Duke's Taylor King transfer update

As widely predicted after not being happy at Duke, King transferred. most thought he'd stay at least 2 years but he didn't. His dad now says USC, Villanova and Gonzaga are his top 3 but he said UCLA has contacted him through the HS coach(gary McKnight of Mater Dei) expressing some possible interest. King is the kid who verballed to UCLA as an 8th grader right after Howland took the job. His dad was pushing his career and asked Ben to accept the verbal and Ben did. 2 years later Taylor de-committed when Howland told him he thought he was a college 4 not a 2 or 3(because he can't defend).

When he left Duke one of the reasons was he wanted to play more wing and Duke was asking him to play 4(defensively). So I would be pretty surprised to see him wind up at UCLA but it's interesting they've apparently asked. I picked Gonzaga when he first said he was transferring, they play a lot of zone which fits his defense, and they let shooters shoot which fits him, I think it'd be a nice fit for him , he's a terrific shooter.

ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

King announced he picked Villanova. Probably a good pick I think they will find a way to hide his weaknesses on D since they play more zone. I figured them or Gonzaga off his list because USC and UCLA are man to man teams so it made no sense forhim to pick them.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote