Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Phoenix Suns

Old November 7th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #46
Folster
The system doesn't work.

The Hawks three-point bombardment in the 3rd quarter was ridiculous. I don't know why the first team couldn't stay home defensively after the Hawks drained a couple. The downpour stopped as soon as Gentry subbed in the second unit. He seems to have constructed a formidable defensive second unit(from what we have seen the last couple games) for the second year in a row. However, it would be nice if he could even out the units defensively a bit, because the first unit can't get a stop to save their lives.

Folster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #47
Bert
Good Times!

I was busy and missed the game today but it's nice to come here and read through the thread too see how you guys felt about it.

AWESOME win against a very good Hawks team. Go Suns!
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #48
Folster
The system doesn't work.

Horford was an absolute stud tonight with 30 pts, 10 rebs, 5 asts, and 2 blks. His outside shot is money and he's not afraid to mix it up down low. It's sucks to remember how close we were to getting the Hawks pick that year. Granted the pick was top 3 protected but, he may have been there at #4 had the Hawks not have gotten the friendly ping pong ball bounce. I was dumbfounded after that draft lottery.

JJ had a quiet 34 points; I didn't believe it when Leander announced his 30th point.

I loved seeing the Suns exploiting mismatches after Atlanta switched defensively on the screens. Richardson and Childress punished Crawford in the post. I was really impressed by Childress; his slashing and activeness around the hoop gives us another dimension offensively. Defensively, when he was isolated on Joe Johnson late in the game, he denied his penetration and forced him into tough shots. Is it too late to fix his shot?
Folster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #49
Chaplin
Better off silent

Strong win by the Suns. Hedo looked terrific in the 1st half and Channing did well in the 2nd.

Childress was solid all around--I think the past games before this one he was really hampered by that finger fracture, now that it's healing you'll see him become a much bigger impact player.

Man of the match though has to go to Jared Dudley. The guy was all over the court tonight and hit his season high in points.

League Pass was showing the Atlanta feed and it was hilarious at the start of the game when they were talking about how their bench was so great and one of the best in the league (they are actually 8th). But not one mention about OUR bench. End of the game? 46-19 Suns. LOL
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #50
Yuma
Out of posting retirement!

First Atlanta loss of the season. Two gut check wins in a row. Jrich hit some clutch baskets for us down the stretch. I kept waiting for Atlanta to throw in a few more threes and edge us out at the end. It was nice to see us keep a lead in the final 3 minutes of the game.

Who makes the playoffs first? Suns or Cards?
Yuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #51
Superbone
Lifelong Suns Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzStevenCal View Post
Keep it out of Crawford's hands. Make Joe beat or tie us. He can do it but he's never been a great clutch guy.

Steve
Good call.
Superbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #52
Superbone
Lifelong Suns Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
Pass was showing the Atlanta feed and it was hilarious at the start of the game when they were talking about how their bench was so great and one of the best in the league (they are actually 8th). But not one mention about OUR bench. End of the game? 46-19 Suns. LOL
It was actually pretty funny. About midway through the game, the announcers said something like, "We've been talking about how good the Hawks bench is but the Suns bench is pretty good too."
Superbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #53
Irish
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone View Post
It was actually pretty funny. About midway through the game, the announcers said something like, "We've been talking about how good the Hawks bench is but the Suns bench is pretty good too."
Clearly the disaster with the Blazers and the meltdown against the Lakers had the Suns typecast. This is a better team than the national media seems to think, but nothing is going to come easy either.

Today was an example of Team Rebounding. The Hawks had two big time rebounders in Horford 10 and Smith with 9 and JJ with 7 as they had 40 boards. The Suns topped out at 36 boards with no one getting more than 6: Hill 6, Dudley 6, Childress 6, Nash 5, Hedo 4, etc. The Suns bigs did little today, Lopez 1, Frye 2, and Warrick 2; but it was only in the late 4th quarter they got killed on the boards.
"I like to act decisively whenever I'm trying to get something done," Dumars said. "But I'm well aware that there has to be another team that's willing, and there has to be a good deal for both teams. Those two things will slow you down in doing a deal."
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote