Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Phoenix Suns

Old June 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #781
Chaplin
Better off silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcastrocks View Post
I was thinking the exact opposite about the Suntic fans. Might as well stay a Celtic fans.
Why do you keep pandering to Laker fans? If your rival or most-hated team is playing another, isn't it logical that you would root for that other team? Instead, you turn around and insult people like this.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for your team and whoever is playing the Lakers. ASU fans live by that rule on a daily basis.

Old June 18th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #782
TheHopToad
Picking a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulli View Post
Pao Gasol is quickly becoming my least favorite player to watch. Why run your office through him in the post?
What?! Pau Gasol is running the post office? No wonder the mail is always late. My mailman is soft...
TheHopToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #783
dreamcastrocks
Chopped Liver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
Why do you keep pandering to Laker fans? If your rival or most-hated team is playing another, isn't it logical that you would root for that other team? Instead, you turn around and insult people like this.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for your team and whoever is playing the Lakers. ASU fans live by that rule on a daily basis.
I don't pander to Laker fans. I point out the hypocracy in posting that goes along here.
The difference is... I don't let my hatred of the Lakers affect my objectivity.

Lakers fans being here isn't new. They have been able to coexist with us for years, and for some reason, (many reasons) it is now a big issue.

The Suns fans here are just as responsible for this mess of a forum as the Laker fans.
dreamcastrocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #784
Mulli

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHopToad View Post
What?! Pau Gasol is running the post office? No wonder the mail is always late. My mailman is soft...
Oops.
Mulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #785
D-Dogg
A Whole New World

Send a message via MSN to D-Dogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycard View Post
The fact that Odom disappeared in this finals is very disconcerting. As soft as the cream beteween pieces of shortcake, he played like a total skirt last night. Stupid decisions with the ball, poor defense, and then decides to become a 1 on 1 whirling dervish way after the game was over. A huge chunk of this loss goes to him.
truth. totally.
D-Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #786
dreamcastrocks
Chopped Liver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycard View Post
The fact that Odom disappeared in this finals is very disconcerting. As soft as the cream beteween pieces of shortcake, he played like a total skirt last night. Stupid decisions with the ball, poor defense, and then decides to become a 1 on 1 whirling dervish way after the game was over. A huge chunk of this loss goes to him.
You can never blame most of the blame of a 40 point loss on one player. You can on the HC though.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #787
Suns_fan69
Official ASFN Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcastrocks View Post
You can never blame most of the blame of a 40 point loss on one player. You can on the HC though.
Good call. For whatever reason PJ was outclassed in this series and that is something that rarely happens. Chris Mihm... really? And before it's rebutted i know he was barely in the game and didn't really have a chance to mess with the chemistry but that is a microcosm of the whole series; PJ was trying to find the right answers but just couldn't.

I always have regarded Doc as a second rate coach but he's gone a long ways to reverse my opinion.
Suns_fan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #788
D-Dogg
A Whole New World

Send a message via MSN to D-Dogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_fan69 View Post
Good call. For whatever reason PJ was outclassed in this series and that is something that rarely happens. Chris Mihm... really? And before it's rebutted i know he was barely in the game and didn't really have a chance to mess with the chemistry but that is a microcosm of the whole series; PJ was trying to find the right answers but just couldn't.

I always have regarded Doc as a second rate coach but he's gone a long ways to reverse my opinion.
I wouldn't rebut that. The C's went on a 15-0 run when Mihm was in. It completely messed with the chemistry. The lineups were horrid, all series long. The failure to switch defensive tactics (double down or stick with perimeter shooters) when new personnel came into the game is puzzling. Why still double down low when 4 deadeye shooters are on the floor? Transition defense was atrocious. What's odd is that every single first quarter, the Lakers played very well..they were either huge leads or tight, close games. But the final 3 quarters in each game were completely different than the firsts.
D-Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #789
dreamcastrocks
Chopped Liver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
I wouldn't rebut that. The C's went on a 15-0 run when Mihm was in. It completely messed with the chemistry. The lineups were horrid, all series long. The failure to switch defensive tactics (double down or stick with perimeter shooters) when new personnel came into the game is puzzling. Why still double down low when 4 deadeye shooters are on the floor? Transition defense was atrocious. What's odd is that every single first quarter, the Lakers played very well..they were either huge leads or tight, close games. But the final 3 quarters in each game were completely different than the firsts.
Completely floored how a PJ coached team would get outworked over and over again in the 3rd quarter. A legendary coach like PJ should be able to make adjustments at half time. The Celtics owned the 3rd in every game.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #790
Mulli

Hey, who would have thought that Atlanta would give Boston a tougher time than LA?

Mulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #791
boldinfan18

Grats to Boston for winning the championship they deserve it, I feel real good for Kevin Garnett winning his first championship he has been a hard working player in the league and he defintally deserved it GRATS TO BOSTON ON BEATING LA FOR THE TITLE
boldinfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #792
dreamcastrocks
Chopped Liver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulli View Post
Hey, who would have thought that Atlanta would give Boston a tougher time than LA?

lol. I hadn't thought of it that way.