Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Phoenix Suns > Other NBA Talk


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Joe L
The people's champ
 
Joe L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: who wants to know?
Posts: 2,697

Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans - now


Chris Paul, according to Ken Berger of CBS, hopes to have played his last game for the Hornets and has set into motion a plan to be traded by the start of the upcoming season.

His teams of choice are said to be the Knicks, Lakers and Magic, and people close to him have said he has played his last game for the Hornets. A trade to the Lakers would be disastrous for Paul's fantasy value, while a move to the Magic is probably not ideal, either. But if Paul could land in New York this fall, he could have one of the biggest fantasy seasons we've ever seen from a point guard. Paul recently signed with LeBron James' marketing company, LRMR, which also fuels speculation that he will fight his way out of New Orleans, despite having two years left on his contract. Stay tuned.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/383531...s-player_news/
__________________
If your sword's too short, add to its length by taking one step forward.
Joe L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake
 
Arizona's Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 9,303
I know we are not on that list but we absolutely have to make an offer.

A Dragic, Dudley, Earl Clark combo should be appetizing.
__________________
I attended and LOVE the University of Arizona.
Arizona's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM   #3
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 14,304
Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
IMO the PG situation here in PHX is just fine. We have Nash, still a top 3 pg in this league and are grooming a potential stud in Dragic

I love CP3 and he's one of my most favorite players that does not wear a Suns jersey, so I hope for the best for him. If he does join the Lakers (which looks unlikely) I will be forced to hate him, a la Luke Walton
__________________
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake
 
Arizona's Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 9,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
IMO the PG situation here in PHX is just fine. We have Nash, still a top 3 pg in this league and are grooming a potential stud in Dragic

I love CP3 and he's one of my most favorite players that does not wear a Suns jersey, so I hope for the best for him. If he does join the Lakers (which looks unlikely) I will be forced to hate him, a la Luke Walton
Homey I love ya but get real. I love Dragic more then anyone who isn't related to him, but if you have a chance to get a Chris Paul (or a Deron Williams for that matter) you give up the farm to get it. With Goran we are hoping he grows, with Paul you KNOW you are getting a first team NBA'er for years to come.

Chris Paul in Phoenix would be a dream come true.
__________________
I attended and LOVE the University of Arizona.
Arizona's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:54 PM   #5
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 14,304
Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona's Finest View Post
Homey I love ya but get real. I love Dragic more then anyone who isn't related to him, but if you have a chance to get a Chris Paul (or a Deron Williams for that matter) you give up the farm to get it. With Goran we are hoping he grows, with Paul you KNOW you are getting a first team NBA'er for years to come.

Chris Paul in Phoenix would be a dream come true.
Im not saying CP3 wouldn't be beautiful on this team. I just think we'd be wasting money where we could add depth up front or depth at the 2.

You know as well as I that Sarver is not considering this given the current situation I mentioned above. The only reason this would be considered is if the powers that be think they could interchange Nash and CP3 between the 1 and the 2 during certain clutch situation.

Logistically, I don't see how we do it unless we trade Nash or Dragic.
__________________
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM   #6
boisesuns
Standing Tall And Traded
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boise, ID
Age: 33
Posts: 3,769
Send a message via AIM to boisesuns Send a message via MSN to boisesuns
I'm sure the lakers will end up getting him for luke walton and some other player.
__________________
Porter Hand Wound Guitar Pickups. http://www.porterpickups.com
boisesuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:59 PM   #7
DarenG
Can't Stop the Signal
 
DarenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Im not saying CP3 wouldn't be beautiful on this team. I just think we'd be wasting money where we could add depth up front or depth at the 2.

You know as well as I that Sarver is not considering this given the current situation I mentioned above. The only reason this would be considered is if the powers that be think they could interchange Nash and CP3 between the 1 and the 2 during certain clutch situation.

Logistically, I don't see how we do it unless we trade Nash or Dragic.
If you can get CP3 you throw in the kitchen sink to get him. Period. Nash is on the downside of his career and sooner or later will hit the wall. CP3 can dish like Nash and actually plays damn good defense.

You can build a franchise around CP. Hell I would trade Nash in a heartbeat for CP3 mainly because similar game, better defense and can play for this franchise for some time to come.

If I am the Suns I make this happen anyway possible.
__________________
The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else. - John Madden.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:21 AM   #8
carey
VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
 
carey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,014
Read this on another forum.

Quote:
I bet Demps wishes he would have waited a day instead of shrugging off Babby.
No doubt. First day on the job and his star demands a trade. Good luck down here in NOLA mate.
__________________
One thing remains clear: While the Suns still have one eye on the prize, the other is focused squarely on the bottom line.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:36 AM   #9
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 14,304
Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
If you can get CP3 you throw in the kitchen sink to get him. Period. Nash is on the downside of his career and sooner or later will hit the wall. CP3 can dish like Nash and actually plays damn good defense.

You can build a franchise around CP. Hell I would trade Nash in a heartbeat for CP3 mainly because similar game, better defense and can play for this franchise for some time to come.

If I am the Suns I make this happen anyway possible.
Fair enough.

My argument is that we aren't hemorrhaging at that position right now and if we were to make any deals, we should target someone who can rip down boards and defend the tall dudes in the west, like Gasol. I'm convinced within the next couple seasons, Dragic is going to be something special after more grooming from Nash.
__________________
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:55 AM   #10
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator
 
Russ Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Age: 48
Posts: 42,344
Chris Broussard is reporting that the Lakers are no longer on the list, Knicks, Magic, Blazers and Mavericks now according to him.
__________________
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:04 AM   #11
Ouchie-Z-Clown
I'm better than Mulli!
 
Ouchie-Z-Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Age: 45
Posts: 10,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Smith View Post
Chris Broussard is reporting that the Lakers are no longer on the list, Knicks, Magic, Blazers and Mavericks now according to him.
we better hope the blazers don't figure out a way to land him. i think they'd skyrocket to contender status instantly.

and i love dragic, but let's not kid ourselves, you have an opp at chris paul, you JUMP at the chance.
__________________
I no longer have any idea whether Mojorizen CARES!

"Standing mens bathroom troughs sucked rear nevermind the smell." - OmeneX (This just had to be quoted)
Ouchie-Z-Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:27 AM   #12
SunsTzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown View Post

and i love dragic, but let's not kid ourselves, you have an opp at chris paul, you JUMP at the chance.
The Suns don't. The offer listed earlier in this thread is a bad joke. I love Dudley but he's just a role player, Clark has shown nothing to prove he was worth a lottery selection and while Dragic is a nice prospect he isn't netting Paul, not to mention Dragic plays the same position as the Hornets best prospect.

Whatever team trades for Paul will need a really high level prospect and be willing to take bad contracts.
SunsTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:08 AM   #13
SactownSunsFan
TheSixthRing in other Circles
 
SactownSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,743
The Suns best asset in the Hornets eyes is J-Rich's expiring contract. If the Suns ever had a chance at legitimately landing CP3, it would start there.

That said, we're not one of the teams on Paul's list, so it makes it even that much more doubtful.
__________________
Horny for COY!
SactownSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM   #14
elindholm
rehabilitated
 
elindholm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A. area
Posts: 17,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown View Post
we better hope the blazers don't figure out a way to land him. i think they'd skyrocket to contender status instantly.
Assuming Oden is healthy, yes.

A dark horse candidate in the Paul sweepstakes would be the Thunder. They're still under the cap, so they could offer Westbrook+ and absorb the salary difference. Can you imagine Paul and Durant together?
__________________
***

where's elindholm, i need to vomit again! -- Ouchie-Z-Clown

elindholm: Learn to read. -- Manu4five
elindholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:18 AM   #15
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake
 
Arizona's Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 9,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsTzu View Post
The Suns don't. The offer listed earlier in this thread is a bad joke. I love Dudley but he's just a role player, Clark has shown nothing to prove he was worth a lottery selection and while Dragic is a nice prospect he isn't netting Paul, not to mention Dragic plays the same position as the Hornets best prospect.

Whatever team trades for Paul will need a really high level prospect and be willing to take bad contracts.
Whoa whoa have you seen how this works in the past? Your star player demands a trade and you get pennies on the dollar. You scoff at Clark and Dragic as a package, yet Javaris Crettendon and Marc Gasol (whom never played) went for Pau. That was an egregious instance but there are ten more just like it. Thats how these "star demand trades" scenarios work. In fact if you could name me one that didnt end up like that I'd like to see it. The team with the star is the one that gets taken behind the woodshed.

You get a young draft pick, a young proven contributor in Dudley, and a prospect with name value in Dragic and thats a good start.

Throw in a pick and I could see that happening. The Suns likely aren't in play, but as it stands, watch what the Hornets end up getting. Your kidding yourself if you think they get back a Top 50 player.

Thats just not how it works.
__________________
I attended and LOVE the University of Arizona.
Arizona's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

 
Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Phoenix Roadrunners
manucci phoenix
JR Smith to Phoenix
wineburger phoenix


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
 

Latest Threads
- by Mitch
- by Vacard
- by Mulli
- by Azlen
 




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2002 - 2014 ArizonaSportsFans.com
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design