Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Phoenix Suns > Other NBA Talk

Old July 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Joe L
The people's champ

Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans - now

Chris Paul, according to Ken Berger of CBS, hopes to have played his last game for the Hornets and has set into motion a plan to be traded by the start of the upcoming season.

His teams of choice are said to be the Knicks, Lakers and Magic, and people close to him have said he has played his last game for the Hornets. A trade to the Lakers would be disastrous for Paul's fantasy value, while a move to the Magic is probably not ideal, either. But if Paul could land in New York this fall, he could have one of the biggest fantasy seasons we've ever seen from a point guard. Paul recently signed with LeBron James' marketing company, LRMR, which also fuels speculation that he will fight his way out of New Orleans, despite having two years left on his contract. Stay tuned.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/383531...s-player_news/
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake

I know we are not on that list but we absolutely have to make an offer.

A Dragic, Dudley, Earl Clark combo should be appetizing.
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM   #3
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.

Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
IMO the PG situation here in PHX is just fine. We have Nash, still a top 3 pg in this league and are grooming a potential stud in Dragic

I love CP3 and he's one of my most favorite players that does not wear a Suns jersey, so I hope for the best for him. If he does join the Lakers (which looks unlikely) I will be forced to hate him, a la Luke Walton
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
IMO the PG situation here in PHX is just fine. We have Nash, still a top 3 pg in this league and are grooming a potential stud in Dragic

I love CP3 and he's one of my most favorite players that does not wear a Suns jersey, so I hope for the best for him. If he does join the Lakers (which looks unlikely) I will be forced to hate him, a la Luke Walton
Homey I love ya but get real. I love Dragic more then anyone who isn't related to him, but if you have a chance to get a Chris Paul (or a Deron Williams for that matter) you give up the farm to get it. With Goran we are hoping he grows, with Paul you KNOW you are getting a first team NBA'er for years to come.

Chris Paul in Phoenix would be a dream come true.
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:54 PM   #5
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona's Finest View Post
Homey I love ya but get real. I love Dragic more then anyone who isn't related to him, but if you have a chance to get a Chris Paul (or a Deron Williams for that matter) you give up the farm to get it. With Goran we are hoping he grows, with Paul you KNOW you are getting a first team NBA'er for years to come.

Chris Paul in Phoenix would be a dream come true.
Im not saying CP3 wouldn't be beautiful on this team. I just think we'd be wasting money where we could add depth up front or depth at the 2.

You know as well as I that Sarver is not considering this given the current situation I mentioned above. The only reason this would be considered is if the powers that be think they could interchange Nash and CP3 between the 1 and the 2 during certain clutch situation.

Logistically, I don't see how we do it unless we trade Nash or Dragic.
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM   #6
boisesuns
Standing Tall And Traded

Send a message via AIM to boisesuns Send a message via MSN to boisesuns
I'm sure the lakers will end up getting him for luke walton and some other player.
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:59 PM   #7
DarenG
Can't Stop the Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Im not saying CP3 wouldn't be beautiful on this team. I just think we'd be wasting money where we could add depth up front or depth at the 2.

You know as well as I that Sarver is not considering this given the current situation I mentioned above. The only reason this would be considered is if the powers that be think they could interchange Nash and CP3 between the 1 and the 2 during certain clutch situation.

Logistically, I don't see how we do it unless we trade Nash or Dragic.
If you can get CP3 you throw in the kitchen sink to get him. Period. Nash is on the downside of his career and sooner or later will hit the wall. CP3 can dish like Nash and actually plays damn good defense.

You can build a franchise around CP. Hell I would trade Nash in a heartbeat for CP3 mainly because similar game, better defense and can play for this franchise for some time to come.

If I am the Suns I make this happen anyway possible.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:21 AM   #8
carey
VVVV Saints Fan VVVV

Read this on another forum.

Quote:
I bet Demps wishes he would have waited a day instead of shrugging off Babby.
No doubt. First day on the job and his star demands a trade. Good luck down here in NOLA mate.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:36 AM   #9
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
If you can get CP3 you throw in the kitchen sink to get him. Period. Nash is on the downside of his career and sooner or later will hit the wall. CP3 can dish like Nash and actually plays damn good defense.

You can build a franchise around CP. Hell I would trade Nash in a heartbeat for CP3 mainly because similar game, better defense and can play for this franchise for some time to come.

If I am the Suns I make this happen anyway possible.
Fair enough.

My argument is that we aren't hemorrhaging at that position right now and if we were to make any deals, we should target someone who can rip down boards and defend the tall dudes in the west, like Gasol. I'm convinced within the next couple seasons, Dragic is going to be something special after more grooming from Nash.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:55 AM   #10
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Chris Broussard is reporting that the Lakers are no longer on the list, Knicks, Magic, Blazers and Mavericks now according to him.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:04 AM   #11
Ouchie-Z-Clown
I'm better than Mulli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Smith View Post
Chris Broussard is reporting that the Lakers are no longer on the list, Knicks, Magic, Blazers and Mavericks now according to him.
we better hope the blazers don't figure out a way to land him. i think they'd skyrocket to contender status instantly.

and i love dragic, but let's not kid ourselves, you have an opp at chris paul, you JUMP at the chance.

"Standing mens bathroom troughs sucked rear nevermind the smell." - OmeneX (This just had to be quoted)
Ouchie-Z-Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:27 AM   #12
SunsTzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown View Post

and i love dragic, but let's not kid ourselves, you have an opp at chris paul, you JUMP at the chance.
The Suns don't. The offer listed earlier in this thread is a bad joke. I love Dudley but he's just a role player, Clark has shown nothing to prove he was worth a lottery selection and while Dragic is a nice prospect he isn't netting Paul, not to mention Dragic plays the same position as the Hornets best prospect.

Whatever team trades for Paul will need a really high level prospect and be willing to take bad contracts.
SunsTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:08 AM   #13
SactownSunsFan
TheSixthRing in other Circles

The Suns best asset in the Hornets eyes is J-Rich's expiring contract. If the Suns ever had a chance at legitimately landing CP3, it would start there.

That said, we're not one of the teams on Paul's list, so it makes it even that much more doubtful.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM   #14
elindholm
rehabilitated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown View Post
we better hope the blazers don't figure out a way to land him. i think they'd skyrocket to contender status instantly.
Assuming Oden is healthy, yes.

A dark horse candidate in the Paul sweepstakes would be the Thunder. They're still under the cap, so they could offer Westbrook+ and absorb the salary difference. Can you imagine Paul and Durant together?

where's elindholm, i need to vomit again! -- Ouchie-Z-Clown

elindholm: Learn to read. -- Manu4five
elindholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:18 AM   #15
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsTzu View Post
The Suns don't. The offer listed earlier in this thread is a bad joke. I love Dudley but he's just a role player, Clark has shown nothing to prove he was worth a lottery selection and while Dragic is a nice prospect he isn't netting Paul, not to mention Dragic plays the same position as the Hornets best prospect.

Whatever team trades for Paul will need a really high level prospect and be willing to take bad contracts.
Whoa whoa have you seen how this works in the past? Your star player demands a trade and you get pennies on the dollar. You scoff at Clark and Dragic as a package, yet Javaris Crettendon and Marc Gasol (whom never played) went for Pau. That was an egregious instance but there are ten more just like it. Thats how these "star demand trades" scenarios work. In fact if you could name me one that didnt end up like that I'd like to see it. The team with the star is the one that gets taken behind the woodshed.

You get a young draft pick, a young proven contributor in Dudley, and a prospect with name value in Dragic and thats a good start.

Throw in a pick and I could see that happening. The Suns likely aren't in play, but as it stands, watch what the Hornets end up getting. Your kidding yourself if you think they get back a Top 50 player.

Thats just not how it works.