Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > Gaming > Goal Line Blitz > Maori Football

Old August 7th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #1
bankybruce
I see dead people!!

Bat

Game 4 Gotham Knights vs. Stockholm Misc Detectives (Strategy, Tactics)

This is a even match up and time for our first win.
bankybruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Djaughe

A word from the Owner

We need this win. Ticket sales are down and brown paper bag sales are up. That's not a good combination to have folks - especially if I have to take a loan out just to cover salaries.

We played the toughest 3 game start in the league - now its time to get serious.

During preseason we beat a team that was similar in style:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=82426

Our biggest offensive weapons was and still is:

Gimme Six 35 Rush, 188yds; 0 Rec, 0yds; 2 TD
Colton Kidd 34 Rush, 197.5yds; 0 Rec, 0yds; 1 TD

We had the offense geared for 80% run with the entire Oline set on run block and the HB's getting 100% of the carries. Darth will take care of the goal line and the QB/WR's will get in sync.

OC's Please look into having these two guys get "lots" of playing time in this game in fact they need to be our focal point until we get our QB/WR's in sync.

We have a lot of options in our passing game than just going from Al Davis to Bill Walsh - for example think Eagles and how they focus their passing on the HB/FB.

I'll set the QB to loft some throws to make it easier for them to catch. I'll have the QB set to dump off more to the HB/FB if the WR's are covered so that we get can get some positive yardage. I can also favor the TE more.

The tricky part is right now our WR's and QB are not compatible because of the speed to arm strength ratio and our Oline is just getting their a$$ kicked with higher level dlinemen. Looking at the game film their Dline was just collapsing the "pocket" like a spent beer can.

A QB needs to have at least 2/3'rds arm strength to a WR's speed to be successful. The same 2/3 rule applies to a WR's vision to speed - so we have some work there as well.

On the defensive side - it's generally agreed upon that in playing short should be less than 10% of the time because the short passing plays suck. There were quite a few plays in which the other team was playing catch past out CB/S.

We're having stamina issues right now so every player needs to look at what they have and start chipping in at least 5 sp in the next 4-6 days.

Also as coordinators we need to pass more specific information to the Offense and Defense so they can adjust their player settings.

For example do you want the LOT to play the pass? Do we want the LOLB to play the run? Yes this game is that precise and we're getting exposed.

Coordinators we should be 3 deep max in all the postions except for K/P - our depth chart looks like we have the entire roster in there...so its anyone's guess what GLB is doing play by play.

I like the 3-4 but it looks like we don't have the talent yet to go MTM on coverage - we were just getting abused with 17 and 20 yard passes....then again we were dealing higher level wr's too so I really don't know...perhaps we need to think more zone blitz (which is an effective plan in dealing with the run as well).

We also need to have our starters play "normal" and our back-ups play "hard"....we're just running out of guys after the 1st qtr. If we got to adjust the energy settings for a quicker rotation - then lets do it.

JMHO - I also think the Jammin U'up at HB is officially over and should be given the KR/PR job.

Djaughe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:44 AM   #3
dbqr8er

I'll be printing that picture off and hanging it above my outside garbage cans to scare the racoons away. That's F ing scary!
dbqr8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #4
Djaughe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqr8er View Post
I'll be printing that picture off and hanging it above my outside garbage cans to scare the racoons away. That's F ing scary!

lol...I know.

It certainly screams "keep off my lawn!"....compared to this one:

Old August 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #5
SuperSpck
Fewer ghosts in Realityland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post

Our biggest offensive weapons was and still is:

Gimme Six 35 Rush, 188yds; 0 Rec, 0yds; 2 TD
Colton Kidd 34 Rush, 197.5yds; 0 Rec, 0yds; 1 TD

We had the offense geared for 80% run with the entire Oline set on run block and the HB's getting 100% of the carries. Darth will take care of the goal line and the QB/WR's will get in sync.

JMHO
- I also think the Jammin U'up at HB is officially over and should be given the KR/PR job.

Agreed, as of now only Six and Kidd are on the DC as runners, if this means exhaustion than they'll be exhausted. We were shocked Jammin kept getting as many carries as he did. When I installed him to the position it was an emergancy (or Boldin-esque)precaution. I was annoyed that he even touched the ball more than once.

Assignments:

G - Go to run blocking, with our focus on sweeps and outside runs your lateral movement will be a linchpin in the success of the offense.

T, C, and TE - Balanced play should be your focus. I'd love to have ya'll go pass blocking to help keep our boy, Rock, upright, but I don't want the penalty modifier added to our run blocking.

Quote:

We have a lot of options in our passing game than just going from Al Davis to Bill Walsh - for example think Eagles and how they focus their passing on the HB/FB. I'll set the QB to loft some throws to make it easier for them to catch. I'll have the QB set to dump off more to the HB/FB if the WR's are covered so that we get can get some positive yardage. I can also favor the TE more.

I've got no problem trying to work our FB into the passing game more, I miss Larry as much as the next guy, but our HB's only have a sub-15 in Catch, which creates trepidation in regard to the HB pass. Factor in that we're still running first and I'm not sure on the full game effectiveness of putting it all on them. Stamina and all.
Go ahead and set Rock's check-down to full though, spreading the ball around will hopefully keep the defense from keying on any one part.

Quote:

Oline is just getting their a$$ kicked with higher level dlinemen. Looking at the game film their Dline was just collapsing the "pocket" like a spent beer can.

This won't get any better anytime soon. Make sure Rock is in as much of a Montana mindset as he can be. Quick feet, keep your head moving.

Quote:

A QB needs to have at least 2/3'rds arm strength to a WR's speed to be successful. The same 2/3 rule applies to a WR's vision to speed - so we have some work there as well.

WR's take it to heart, you may have a stud build, but if it's not compatible with the QB than it's all for show and none for go.

Offensive Gameplan:

As an offense, we've had great success passing on first down and running on third down.

Jim and I have tweaked the settings a little so we'll be playing to those success rates.

That doesn't mean we're just passing on first and running on third, that's not useful either.

BUT we will now be passing a little more on first and rushing once in a while on third. Second down is still a run-heavy down as we're still a running team by design, (unless it turns out we can't run, than we'll re-evaluate that) but of course that doesn't mean we only run on second.

We haven't really shared our philosophy because we're still figuring it out, but here's what we think we think so far:

The Knights should be a running team, it's what the Czars do and we're trying to be the mini-Czars. When players get called up we want their square pegs to glide into the Czars round holes (who knew I was writing a romance novel?)

Un-Czar like is our rushing focus. Outside, outside, outside. Sweeps, tosses, and off-tackles by the pile. Why? We want to see if it works. If it doesn't we'll play with more convention.

When the Rock drops back his eyes go down field. We know the safeties almost always drop into a deep zone between the numbers and hash. That should make the read a little easier.

We see lots of LB man coverage too, which means if the WR is doing his job he'll be getting open, if not, check down to the FB and let him leap a man.

In a perfect world we'd control the drop. 3's and 5's, 7-steps will get a guy killed with our "beer can" protection. We don't want any David Carr wrecks.

We're open to criticism and hugs equally, so if you've got a beef or recommendation, voice 'em. Jim and I have an open door/open air policy.

Last edited by SuperSpck; August 7th, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
SuperSpck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #6
Djaughe

I want this type of protection:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay...pbp_id=1489291

Old August 7th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #7
Djaughe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpck View Post
I've got no problem trying to work our FB into the passing game more, I miss Larry as much as the next guy, but our HB's only have a sub-15 in Catch, which creates trepidation in regard to the HB pass. Factor in that we're still running first and I'm not sure on the full game effectiveness of putting it all on them. Stamina and all.
Go ahead and set Rock's check-down to full though, spreading the ball around will hopefully keep the defense from keying on any one part..
I'm just tossing out ideas - I do believe we should ride our HB's more though. You and DB have us moving the ball against higher ranked teams so you shouldn't really feel like I'm targeting you guys.

But our passing is gonna get a lot more complicated with the additional changes bort put in and the QB/WR compatibility issues.

We'll have to redo the WR depth chart to get the better match-ups. Maybe drop the Joker to no. 3 because of his "speed" issues...I dunno.

Old August 7th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #8
SuperSpck

Quote:
That QB has poise and stern junk to hang like that. Then he throws into double coverage (although the WR got position).
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #9
SuperSpck

Quote:
I'm just tossing out ideas - I do believe we should ride our HB's more though.

We'll be putting them away wet this game.

Quote:
But our passing is gonna get a lot more complicated with the additional changes bort put in and the QB/WR compatibility issues.

We'll have to redo the WR depth chart to get the better match-ups. Maybe drop the Joker to no. 3 because of his "speed" issues...I dunno.
I'm not great in keeping up with changes to the game mechanics, it's your updates that keep me informed.
We'll drop the Joker to the slot for now, but I like his catch a lot and will probably rotate WR's a little more to make sure he gets on the field.
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #10
Cardinals.Ken
Free at last!

Send a message via MSN to Cardinals.Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinals.Ken
Quote:
[FONT=Courier New]We need this win. Ticket sales are down and brown paper bag sales are up. That's not a good combination to have folks - especially if I have to take a loan out just to cover salaries.

We played the toughest 3 game start in the league - now its time to get serious.
Also as coordinators we need to pass more specific information to the Offense and Defense so they can adjust their player settings.

For example do you want the LOT to play the pass? Do we want the LOLB to play the run? Yes this game is that precise and we're getting exposed.

And here I thought I had a month off from classes...

My word document is up to 13 pages now of info gleaned from the GLB Forums to figure out how to adapt these "advanced" settings without our defense playing worse.

At least I still have 40+ hours to figure all this out before gametime...

Thanks for the added pressure boss!

-Henry Rollins
Cardinals.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Djaughe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinals.Ken View Post

And here I thought I had a month off from classes...

My word document is up to 13 pages now of info gleaned from the GLB Forums to figure out how to adapt these "advanced" settings without our defense playing worse.

At least I still have 40+ hours to figure all this out before gametime...

Thanks for the added pressure boss!
"You don't adjust. You just dominate." ~ Al Davis

Old August 7th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #12
Cardinals.Ken
Free at last!

Send a message via MSN to Cardinals.Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinals.Ken
Quote:
"You don't adjust. You just dominate." ~ Al Davis

Yeah, I should have thought of that so I didn't bring Tom Rathman into the Kevin Mack/Ernest Byner backfield.

-Henry Rollins
Cardinals.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM   #13
Djaughe

Okay the other teams CB's suck. But I still believe we need to pound the ball more to soften up those highlevel DT/DE's - after their starters the back-ups suck.

I set the QB's Options to this:

Scramble Frequency: Often
HB/FB Dump Pass: Often: Dump off to HB/FB often when checking down
Passing Style: Medium: Use some finesse, but not too much.

There is also no preferred receiver - I figure Sgt. Rocks vision should be able to make the call.

Hopefully the scramble and dumping the ball off more frequently will help deal with their pass rush.

Old August 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #14
SuperSpck

Quote:
Scramble Frequency: Often
HB/FB Dump Pass: Often: Dump off to HB/FB often when checking down
Passing Style: Medium: Use some finesse, but not too much.

There is also no preferred receiver - I figure Sgt. Rocks vision should be able to make the call.

Hopefully the scramble and dumping the ball off more frequently will help deal with their pass rush.

Also:

Check Matchups!

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/...61&postcount=7
Old August 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #15
dbqr8er

The biggest issue Brandon and I have had is making sure the AI we plug in covers all the options we want open to the offense. We have discussed this at length and decides to keep it simple: build where we see holes, and trim the crap that trips us up. We will work out the kinks and appreciate the patience you have while we get stuff worked out. This team has huge potential we just have to work out a plan to get everyone meshing together.
dbqr8er is offline   Reply With Quote